Anybody else have a PRK procedure?

jpr95

Oct 11, 2010
I did 16 days ago, and today was my first post-surgery ride. The ride itself was fine, but my vision went all weird as soon as my heart rate went up (or BP). I suspect this will go away as my eyes continue to heal, but I wonder if anyone else had any experience with this.

I'm not interested in hearing about LASIK tales (not that I can stop you from sharing them), but while the two procedures are similar, the recovery is quite different (much slower with PRK).

Did you ask your doctor? FWIW, BP changes can affect post-surgical eyes. Climber at high elevations who've corrective eye surgery have been known to go temporarily blind. The eye is an organ that can be pretty sensitive to physiological changes. No matter the case, this is something that you should be asking the guy who cut up your eyes.

Update!

So, I was able to make it out riding today. I rode the same route, roughly the same temperature, less wind (thank God!), did it in less time--and my vision didn't go blurry at all. My vision is still improving overall, and I can tell my corneas are less sensitive (they were extremely sensitive to touch just a couple weeks ago, much less now). This particular route I ride as a "quickie" ~75 minute ride goes into (and UP out of) a local creek valley 6 times, and some of the hills are probably pushing 20% for 1/4 mile, so I was definitely pushing my cardiovascular limits (which is what I think set off the blurry vision in my still-healing eyes in the ride I mentioned in my first post).

Thats good news.

Your ride sounds like its fun also. Did a little climbing today myself.