Anybody else tried Spa Cuisine from Stouffers?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lynn from Fargo, Mar 5, 2005.

  1. These new Lean Cuisine frozen thingys are really pretty good. I've
    tried a couple and liked them both. Pork in a cherry & wine sauce and
    the lemongrass chicken. The veggies are crisp, the meat is not sawdust
    and the sauces are not bad - You can improve with a dash of soy or
    tamari sauce or a bit of chili for heat. No - I don't have stock in
    Stouffers - they're owned by Nestle and I boycotted them for years.

    On the other hand - maybe it's cause I just got out of the hospital
    (pneumonia) and have quit smoking . . .
    Lynn from Fargo

    Tags:

  2. Hahabogus

    Hahabogus Guest

    "Lynn from Fargo" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > These new Lean Cuisine frozen thingys are really pretty good. I've
    > tried a couple and liked them both. Pork in a cherry & wine sauce and
    > the lemongrass chicken. The veggies are crisp, the meat is not sawdust
    > and the sauces are not bad - You can improve with a dash of soy or
    > tamari sauce or a bit of chili for heat. No - I don't have stock in
    > Stouffers - they're owned by Nestle and I boycotted them for years.
    >
    > On the other hand - maybe it's cause I just got out of the hospital
    > (pneumonia) and have quit smoking . . .
    > Lynn from Fargo

    Sorry to hear you were sick...Glad you're out.

    Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
    Continuing to be Manitoban

  3. Jessica V.

    Jessica V. Guest

    Lynn from Fargo wrote:

    > These new Lean Cuisine frozen thingys are really pretty good. I've
    > tried a couple and liked them both. Pork in a cherry & wine sauce and
    > the lemongrass chicken. The veggies are crisp, the meat is not sawdust
    > and the sauces are not bad - You can improve with a dash of soy or
    > tamari sauce or a bit of chili for heat. No - I don't have stock in
    > Stouffers - they're owned by Nestle and I boycotted them for years.
    >
    > On the other hand - maybe it's cause I just got out of the hospital
    > (pneumonia) and have quit smoking . . .
    > Lynn from Fargo

    I've only tried the Lemongrass Chicken, found it to be pretty darned
    good for what it is. Stashed a few of them in the freezer in the office
    for days when I don't have time to go out for lunch and didn't bring a
    lunch. Since it's "wierd food" and has grass in the name I don't have
    to worry about anyone mistaking it for thiers. :)

    Jessica