Anybody Ever Use Hutchison Tires?

Decades ago I rode Hutch sew-ups. They were decent quality; better than the el cheap trainers and not as good as the more expensive brands.

What model did you buy? What do you like about it with one day on it?

Let us know how it performs over the next 1000 miles.

How can you be happy with a tire after just one day? I like Hutchinson too, I have a pair of Intensive (non tubeless) tires on my main bike and they seem to be quite good, but I've had other tires I liked just as well, like the Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick and the Specialized Roubaix. I think all 3 of those are superior in durability to anything Conti makes except for maybe the Gator Hardshell but that one is quite a bit heavier than any of the 3. I don't buy any tire I can't find for less than $30, I got my Hutchinson's for $23 and I got the Specialized for $20 each on a rare sale buy one get one free, and I paid $24 for the Vittoria's. I once got 3 pairs of Kenda Konstrictors for $14 each, they were excellent tires, wore like iron and only got one flat. Buying them on end of the year sales keeps tire cost down and you can try many brands, I just read the reviews if their favorable and the price is right I buy it.

By the way don't let anyone scare you out of buying tires that could be a year old on a deep closeout sale. Tires will last a very long time, proof in point, I bought a 1984 Fuji Club about 4 or 5 years ago that only had 5 miles on the bike then it was stored in the attic here in NE Indiana all those years, I rode on those tires for awhile, they didn't have any cracking, peeling, nothing, they looked like new and the rubber wasn't hard. I took them off and put a pair of the Kendas on so as to preserve the original tires. So buying a pair of year old tires on closeout that probably were setting in a warehouse for a year is a non issue.

I was using Kenda Kwests on my hybrid- had a tire bubble appear so I went to the local bike shop and bought a set of Serfas Tonou's 100psi 700x32. They were like riding on flats, no coasting ability and hard to peddle and four flats in a week. I am 6.1" 230 pounds. So I bought one Hutchinson Urban Tour + put it on the rear and used the old Kenda on the front. The Hutchinson holds my weight excellent! And rides smooth as glass! Did my 16 mile ride averaging 17.5mph last compared to 16mph with the Serfas. Also the bike shop guy said these very rarely gets flats and if you do they can be ride home without wrecking the rim.

I once rode 5 miles on a flatten Specialized All Condition Armadillo on the rear and it never damaged the rim or even the sidewall of the tire.

Quote by Froze:
"How can you be happy with a tire after just one day?"

The same way I can be happy with a hooker after an hour.

I'm not paying for the sex. I'm paying her to leave.