Anybody heard from Iban Mayo

teetopkram said:
I don't think my jaw ever dropped farther in my life than watching Mayo lug it up Ax-3-Domaines with the grupetto in last year's Tour. The Basque fans hanging around us literally seemed depressed, but they had Mancebo to cheer. Indurain didn't crack this much when he lost it in 1996.

Mark
It was really sad seeing him hanging in the second or thirs group on the road as they went over the Madeleine. He was hiding in the pack. Euskatel overall has been anonymous mostly with a few exceptions. The last big win they had was Dauphine 2005 right, just beofre the blood doping tests were intriduced at the TdF, right?

QUOTE=bobke]It was really sad seeing him hanging in the second or thirs group on the road as they went over the Madeleine. He was hiding in the pack. Euskatel overall has been anonymous mostly with a few exceptions. The last big win they had was Dauphine 2005 right, just beofre the blood doping tests were intriduced at the TdF, right?[/QUOTE]
Today wasn't a good day as well...

Result Iban mayo stage 3 Tour of Murcia (ITT):

93º 41 MAYO, Iban ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 03:47

Vuelta a Castilla y León(2.1)
Iban Mayo Results :
1st Stage:Winner :1. 123 EDO, Angel ESP ANDALUCIA-PAUL VERSA 3-45-31
36. MAYO, Iban ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 39
2nd Stage:Winner :1º 37 POPOVYCH, Yaroslav UKR DISC. CHANNEL 0:13:01
32º 64 MAYO, Iban ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 49
3th Stage:Winner :1º 3 GARCIA, José Vicente ESP C.D'EPARGNE-I.BAL 4-32-21
17º 64 MAYO, Iban ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 02
4th Stage:Winner:1º 5 FERTONANI, Marco ITA C.D'EPARGNE-I.BALEAR 4:10:59
17º 64 MAYO, Iban ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 02:11
5th Stage:Winner:1º 47 VINOKOUROV, Alexandre KAZ LIBERTY-WURT 3:51:45
65º 64 MAYO, Iban ESP EUSKALTEL-EUSKADI a 05:23

In the last stage mayo was very active:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2006/mar06/castillaleon06/castillaleon065

The final general classification was won by Vinokourov who is ready for the Liege-Bastogne-Liege.

Yeah, he called me last night just to tell me ETA won't be so aggressive anymore...

cpr said:
Andrija said:
Yeah, he called me last night just to tell me ETA won't be so aggressive anymore...

??????????????
Read the news man...
ETA announced few days ago, from now on they'll use only nonviolent methods in their fight for independence.
If your location is Euskadi and you really like it so much you should now this.

Yes, I´m from Euskadi and I know that ETA has stopped using violence, but I think that this is not the right forum to talk about politics.
Anyway, Iban Mayo is focusing the season to be in top form in July. We´ll see...

cpr said:
Yes, I´m from Euskadi and I know that ETA has stopped using violence, but I think that this is not the right forum to talk about politics.
Anyway, Iban Mayo is focusing the season to be in top form in July. We´ll see...
Iban needs to stay out of the nightclubs and stop slaying chics and stay on the bike..... he is a rockstar but shouldn't behave like one......

cpr said:
...but I think that this is not the right forum to talk about politics.
Off course...
But can a man make some comment here related with current situation in Mayo's fatherland?
No hard feelings.

Andrija said:
Off course...
But can a man make some comment here related with current situation in Mayo's fatherland?
No hard feelings.
Of course you can do it. Sorry if I hurt you.

cpr said:
Don´t worry. Nothing wrong happens.
If you are really basque, what is your theory on why mayo has been so bad for a year and a half now??? got any local information?

barnstorm said:
If you are really basque, what is your theory on why mayo has been so bad for a year and a half now??? got any local information?
2004 season was great for Iban. He win Vuelta a Asturias very easy and defeat Lance in Dauphine-Libere. Here, we had great expectations of what he could do in The Tour de France, but he had to retire. Officially he was ill(mononucleosis).

For 2005 season, he changed his training preparation.Before TDF, there were rumours saying that he was on a very good form, he created great expectations, but he failed again.

People think that his moment has passed, but July will arrive and he´ll create new expectations. Let´s wait and see.

Next "Vuelta al Pais Vasco"(PT) (April 3-8) will be a good indicator of Iban´s form. Yesterday Euskaltel-Euskadi team was examinating the last stage time trial.

In today edition of a local newspaper you have an interview with Mayo.
It´s in Spanish, and he says that this is the perfect race to stop his bad luck.

www.elcorreodigital.com/vizcaya/pg060328/prensa/noticias/Deportes/200603/28/VIZ-DEP-278.html