Anybody here uses a stationary bicycle for weight loss?

worldgod

Dec 20, 2003
Anybody here uses a stationary bicycle for weight loss?

hello all: anybody here uses a stationary bicycle as part of your workout specially in the cold season when it's too cold? And how many minutes of stationary bike do you do, and in what resistance level?

Because my bicycle has 10 resistance-levels. I use it at resistance level # 6, some times at 7, but 7 makes me too tired.

thanks

The stationary is actually what got me into cycling. I couldnt stand the long hours on the stationary for hockey training, so I finally bit the bullet and bought a bike. This has been my first winter that the trainer is really the only option so im learing to deal with it, but nothing beats being out on the road. Between biking and the stationary, I dropped almost 20lb, changing almost nothing about my diet, so I obviously recommend it for weight loss

i see, indeed !! and i think that stationary-bikeriding burns a lot more than walking, because of the fact that i get much more tired riding 25 minutes on my stationary-bicycle, than walking 25 minutes. I could walk 25 mins relatively easy, but bikeriding on my stationary bike for 25 mins makes me more tired.

So i think i'll do both walking and stationary. I'll ride 25 mins of stationary bike and i'll walk in the afternoon 45 mins

worldgod

Feltski said:
The stationary is actually what got me into cycling. I couldnt stand the long hours on the stationary for hockey training, so I finally bit the bullet and bought a bike. This has been my first winter that the trainer is really the only option so im learing to deal with it, but nothing beats being out on the road. Between biking and the stationary, I dropped almost 20lb, changing almost nothing about my diet, so I obviously recommend it for weight loss

I wouldn't say it isn't entirely for weight loss, but I do loose weight while on the trainer. I started with a pos 80's stationary bike, but my dad felt sorry for me after I broke my hand and got me a trainer :D .

During the week I always use my trainer because there aren't many people to ride with in the evenings and I'm not comfortable going out alone. I like to use spinnerval DVDs instead of watching TV to get the most out of my workout.

I'm thinking about going to a roller so that I can work on stability and focus more (like not texting on the trainer)