anybody out there interested in electric bikes.

commuter99

Oct 18, 2007
I just bought a kit for commuting it works great. I found lots of info on this website.

www.ebikehub.com. It organizes info regarding all brands of electric bikes kits reviews and articles.

some guy where my husband works has one. He has to put extra batteries on it when he rides with the hubby just to keep up :p :p :p

ditch the heavy bike and batteries and work on your leg muscles/cardio vascual system instead - happier, healthier, stonger, faster!!

(this is the same joe who insisted that the hill up to his house was impossible to climb on a bike - so of course we had to go do it - while we were there riding up and taking photos, some old croper on an 80's era steel Trek, aerobars and all comes cranking up trying to find his friends house. That bike must have weighed 25 lbs at the very least and even he didn't have any troubles making it up that hill. Granted it was steep - probably around 18%, but not impossible, not even incredibly hard)

Eden said:
some guy where my husband works has one. He has to put extra batteries on it when he rides with the hubby just to keep up :p :p :p

ditch the heavy bike and batteries and work on your leg muscles/cardio vascual system instead - happier, healthier, stonger, faster!!

(this is the same joe who insisted that the hill up to his house was impossible to climb on a bike - so of course we had to go do it - while we were there riding up and taking photos, some old croper on an 80's era steel Trek, aerobars and all comes cranking up trying to find his friends house. That bike must have weighed 25 lbs at the very least and even he didn't have any troubles making it up that hill. Granted it was steep - probably around 18%, but not impossible, not even incredibly hard)
That happens to me, someone find out i'm a cyclist, they say "oh this hill near my house is huge, bet ya couldn't get up it." and it always turns out to be a little nancy hill:p

Electric bikes don't have the power, speed, and distance I need. If I'm gonna ride assisted I'd put a gas engine on my spare Cannondale F600 and use that as a moped. See bikeengines.com

Some of the hub motors don't disengage completely. You get a lot of drag. You have to decide whether you want a bicycle or an electric moped but you can't practically have both. I can't speak for all hub motors or other systems.

Cycler6n said:
That happens to me, someone find out i'm a cyclist, they say "oh this hill near my house is huge, bet ya couldn't get up it." and it always turns out to be a little nancy hill:p
There's one like that near where I live now. In translation they call it the 'Bulls Head'. The road road down to the local shops and back where I grew up is three times higher, and steeper in parts, alongs with some proper twists and turns. :rolleyes:

There again, it is so flat around here I guess it does look big if you're not used to it. :D