Anybody riding a fixed mtb?

Meek One

May 5, 2004
Anybody riding a fixed mtb? I'd like to build one. Any frames better than others? Any sites to help me? Thanks in advance.

Meek One said:
Anybody riding a fixed mtb? I'd like to build one. Any frames better than others? Any sites to help me? Thanks in advance.
Fixed or built mtb? Fixed usually refers to rebuilding. Built is starting from frame up.

nerv2010 said:
Fixed usually refers to rebuilding.

Fixed refers to single speed or "fixed speed" bikes.

To the original poster, check out this frame:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product.aspx?i=FR606A01

Though I cannot vouch for it personally, nor do I know of anyone that has one, I thought the idea of an eccentric bottom bracket shell was an excellent solution to chain tensioning while being able to still use verticle drop outs. Kind of taking a different spin on the I-Drive idea from GT.

Cheers,
Juba

Ah ha! I'm not into singlespeeds but I do know of one person with that frame and they're quite happy with it so far. I don't know of his exact setup though since he changed it recently. Unfortunately he's comparing the singlespeed setup to his old 80's Trek so it might not be a good comparison.

Jenson USA is an excellent retailer and I haven't had any problems with them and I think I've spent around $1500 US through them so far. Hopefully I won't spend much more. Gah.