Anybody use cooling vests?

enfyre

Jan 7, 2013
I've seen people wearing them, mine just came in from coldstrap.com, still waiting for the weather to warm up here so I can really give it a go, but its working good just on the treadmill.

Reactions: haleylx4
enfyre said:
I've seen people wearing them, mine just came in from coldstrap.com, still waiting for the weather to warm up here so I can really give it a go, but its working good just on the treadmill.
It was 1°F this morning, here, so no.

alienator said:
It was 1°F this morning, here, so no.
We had -11°F a couple of days back here in Helsinki. Freewheels tend to quit working at -13°F.

Formaggio said:
We had -11°F a couple of days back here in Helsinki. Freewheels tend to quit working at -13°F.
That's the easy way to get a fixie.

Huh? This is actually a great idea I will have to check these out. You probably will burn quite a bit more calories this way. I get tired of how much you sweat when it's hot too.

I just wear a normal vest. Seems to absorb most of the sweat just fine. However, I do need to take a nice long shower after riding for an entire afternoon. May consider buying a cooling vest in the near future. The weather is definitely getting warmer and it may be a good time to consider some alternatives.

I have't heard of those. I will have to check it out. Sounds like a cool idea, literally. I hate sweating, so that would be something I would love to have.