Anybody Use Cygolite Headlight System?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Greg Dunn, Feb 2, 2003.

  1. Greg Dunn

    Greg Dunn Guest

    Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
    one for a while? How do they compare with other headlighting systems you used or know about?

    Thanks.

    Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

    Tags:

  2. Victor Kan

    Victor Kan Guest

    Greg Dunn wrote:
    > Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
    > one for a while? How do they compare with other headlighting systems you used or know about?

    Check out this site for lots of user reviews of bike lights (and lots of other bike stuff):

    http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/lights/

    I have a CygoLite Night Rover with SLA battery and it was OK. It's good enough for riding at night
    at say < 12mph.

    I had occasional problems with the plug making a good connection. I currently use a NiteRider Head
    Trip as my primary head light.

  3. Paul Dalen

    Paul Dalen Guest

    I use the NightRider system. It works great for me. I get 16 watts for about 1.5 hours, or 3 hours
    on lower power.

    "Greg Dunn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<41a%[email protected]>...
    > Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
    > one for a while? How do they compare with other headlighting systems you used or know about?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

  4. Roy Drew

    Roy Drew Guest

    I use a CygoLite NiteRover for my commute. It's OK, but ugrade the battery if you plan to use it
    alot. I have the WaterBottle NiCad, and I can run it about 1.5 hours at 12 watts.

    I haven't had any problems with the unit, except that I dropped it and one of the bulbs didn't work.
    They had a new bulb in my hands in 3 days.

    "Greg Dunn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:41a%[email protected]...
    > Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
    > one for a while? How do they compare with
    other
    > headlighting systems you used or know about?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

  5. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    I use a Cygolite Night Rover with a gel pack battery. It is okay. Not as bright as i would like. I
    would not have personally bought it. It was a gift. But the upside is that the light stays lit for
    2-3 hours in low mode.

    Derek