Anybody Use Cygolite Headlight System?

Greg Dunn

Guest
Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
one for a while? How do they compare with other headlighting systems you used or know about?

Thanks.

Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

Greg Dunn wrote:
> Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
> one for a while? How do they compare with other headlighting systems you used or know about?

Check out this site for lots of user reviews of bike lights (and lots of other bike stuff):

http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/lights/

I have a CygoLite Night Rover with SLA battery and it was OK. It's good enough for riding at night
at say < 12mph.

I had occasional problems with the plug making a good connection. I currently use a NiteRider Head
Trip as my primary head light.

I use the NightRider system. It works great for me. I get 16 watts for about 1.5 hours, or 3 hours
on lower power.

"Greg Dunn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<41a%9.131295$6G4.14436@sccrnsc02>...
> Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
> one for a while? How do they compare with other headlighting systems you used or know about?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

I use a CygoLite NiteRover for my commute. It's OK, but ugrade the battery if you plan to use it
alot. I have the WaterBottle NiCad, and I can run it about 1.5 hours at 12 watts.

I haven't had any problems with the unit, except that I dropped it and one of the bulbs didn't work.
They had a new bulb in my hands in 3 days.

"Greg Dunn" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:41a%9.131295$6G4.14436@sccrnsc02...
> Cygolite's systems seem to be significantly less expensive than anybody else's. Anybody been using
> one for a while? How do they compare with
other
> headlighting systems you used or know about?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Greg Dunn www.BicycleCommuter.com

I use a Cygolite Night Rover with a gel pack battery. It is okay. Not as bright as i would like. I
would not have personally bought it. It was a gift. But the upside is that the light stays lit for
2-3 hours in low mode.

Derek