anybody wanna see video of me crashing? (warning graphic!)

sunnyboymaniac

Feb 20, 2012
Yesterday I rode another one of my old favorite mtb trails, the Salmon Falls Trail in El Dorado County, CA. This was only my second real mtb ride in 15 years. The first one was in Auburn

This trail seemed more difficult than the ones I did in Auburn, due to how technical it is. I intended to climb the 2 mile long Flagstaff Hill, but I overshot the trail leading to it.

On the way out I saw people walking and resting on a climb, so I knew this would be a good climb on the way back. Sure enough, it made me live up to my username!
biggrin.gif
I made it all the way up without walking or resting. I did pick a wrong line and stall out once, but I restarted and continued on.

I saw another cyclist with a GoPro on his helmet. He was riding with a friend. They noticed my chest-mounted GoPro and that sparked a good conversation. One of the guys was riding a hybrid with 700x35c tires!
eek.gif

On the way back I saw a lot of dog walkers and petted a few dogs. Then the hamfist of the day occurred when I attempted to descend the most ridiculously technical section of trail I've ever encountered. It was a slow-speed crash too. Yes, it was caught on video!
biggrin.gif

Sunnyboy,

That's up near Folsom Lake, right? I'm down the other side of Sac...

When I saw the sign saying "walk your bike" I immediately thought of this:

Warning: Not for the folks that watch Lifetime - television for women, or think that "shocking" things are seen on reality TV shows. This is a world of hurt, on a stick, with added hot sauce...

Damn, Sulse... That's brutal. Hope you and the bike faired OK. I guess not many people can reply to questions about road rash with the answer "oh, I took one to the head from a horses ****". Gonna get some HorseSkills the next time you race Catskills? :p

I woke up feeling old today and was contemplating skipping the day's VO2 intervals in lieu of a tempo ride. Listening to that redline breathing around 7:00 in has inspired me to stick to the plan! Thanks SunnyBoyManiac. Particularly impressive was your friendly wave after the effort.

Swampy - look at the penalty for failure dude... lol!

SulseP, I'm wondering if riders up front attacking would have been considered in poor form. I imagine the bizarreness of it all may have left some simply to flabergasted to have even contemplated it.

Wow! This is the first time someone has claimed one of my ride videos as their own. You even copied and pasted my ride report word for word from the Lounge section of forums.roadbikereview.com. I go by the username "freighttraininguphill" on RoadBikeReview and BikeForums, "freighttrainuphill" on MTBR, and "luv2climb" on forums.teamestrogen.com. I am a female cyclist who is still at least 20 lbs overweight, which accounts for the high-pitched, loud breathing on the steep climbs in the video.
Here's my original thread as it was posted on RoadBikeReview. My ride report includes pictures too: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/lounge/anybody-wanna-see-video-me-crashing-warning-graphic-272818.html
You left out the warning about the heavy breathing though. I put that warning on all my video posts so people won't get in trouble at work or with their spouses for watching "****".
To answer swampy1970's question, yes, this trail is near Folsom Lake. Here's the information on this trail from FATRAC's website: http://www.fatrac.org/node/628
I make all my ride videos with natural sound because I love climbing and I enjoy the sights and sounds of a good sufferfest. Watching other cyclists' footage of tough climbs with original ride audio is very inspiring to me, and some of my best climbing was done after watching such videos.
Here is my most recent ride video, this time on a road group ride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvuTvW2CibQ

You can see the rest of my ride videos here: http://www.youtube.com/user/cyclingfun2 Imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery! :D

Originally Posted by sunnyboymaniac .

Yesterday I rode another one of my old favorite mtb trails, the Salmon Falls Trail in El Dorado County, CA. This was only my second real mtb ride in 15 years. The first one was in Auburn

This trail seemed more difficult than the ones I did in Auburn, due to how technical it is. I intended to climb the 2 mile long Flagstaff Hill, but I overshot the trail leading to it.

On the way out I saw people walking and resting on a climb, so I knew this would be a good climb on the way back. Sure enough, it made me live up to my username!
biggrin.gif
I made it all the way up without walking or resting. I did pick a wrong line and stall out once, but I restarted and continued on.

I saw another cyclist with a GoPro on his helmet. He was riding with a friend. They noticed my chest-mounted GoPro and that sparked a good conversation. One of the guys was riding a hybrid with 700x35c tires!
eek.gif

On the way back I saw a lot of dog walkers and petted a few dogs. Then the hamfist of the day occurred when I attempted to descend the most ridiculously technical section of trail I've ever encountered. It was a slow-speed crash too. Yes, it was caught on video!
biggrin.gif

Wow! Very interesting!

Originally Posted by CDA 455 .

Wow! Very interesting!
Read my post above yours. ;) The OP claimed my ride video as his. You may know me from RBR. I'm freighttraininguphill.

Originally Posted by luv2climb .

Read my post above yours. ;) The OP claimed my ride video as his. You may know me from RBR. I'm freighttraininguphill.
You got did it, dude!

It looks like it's his only post. Interesting.

I'm so really like absolutely there on this video. I would be like so close to being your water bottle carrier or anything even like you know?

Wow so overwhelming and great such as and said so like that.

Great going.

Thanks for sharing.