Anybody Watching?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by slovakguy, Aug 3, 2012.

1. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

other than the cycling events, is anybody watching the london games with interest? i have lost interest in the games since the inclusion of professional athletes, to be totally honest.

Tags:

2. coolcamaro12

coolcamaro12 New Member

Same with me....I just have no interest watching any of it. It is also sad to see that when they are racing that far for that long, you know they are all drugged up :mad:

3. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

4. Pinelander

Pinelander New Member

I found myself rooting for Lithuania in the mens basketball game this a.m. against the US team. They gave the US a run for its money. Normally it's as exciting as watching the Globe Trotters against the Washington Generals.

5. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

have to agree with you, pinelander. i have been hoping for upsets more than anything else. not really much of an endorsement for my fandom.

by the bye, close to fort dix/mcguire afb?

6. Pinelander

Pinelander New Member

Yes, Slovakguy. About 20 miles south. I'm right on the edge of their air space with big arse tankers flying overhead on practice missions daily. Did you spend time there?

7. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

grew up there. hated it when i was there but sure do miss it now.

8. Pinelander

Pinelander New Member

There's been some development, but you would probably see very little changed. The base is still surrounded by large farms and protected areas. If you go back to the days when basic training was there, it's very quiet now. The Pinelands are a great place to ride. Flat, but great roads and scenery.

9. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

i have been back a few times to golf at mcguire with dad. after september 11th we both came to the conclusion that the hassle to get on the base outweighed the chance to golf while the planes were up burning tax dollars. have to agree that the cycling looks like it would be very good. can't really speak to how the traffic/roads get outside of browns mills, but the ride in from the bordentown side looks like long stretches with no stop signs.

10. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

U.S.A.!
    U.S.A.!
    U.S.A.!

11. HatTrickhero11

HatTrickhero11 New Member

I watch anything USA related. Whether it is in track, swimming, gymnasts or whatever. I especially make sure I watch the USA basketball and USA soccer games. Both genders. It is simply amazing watching these athletes do what they do.

I wasn't born yet when the pros weren't allowed in the Olympics so this is all I know. I am however, disappointed with countries not giving it their all and trying to "cheat" the system and being kicked out of the Olympics. Pretty sad that all that is involved on the most high level

12. slovakguy

slovakguy Active Member

we have my favourite quotation from the world of sports 2012 edition:

cbc host jian ghomeshi: "ref in this game [canada v usa/women's footie] is doing things by the book. assuming it's a book that has nothing to do with soccer or this game. canadavusa.London2012."

13. HatTrickhero11

HatTrickhero11 New Member

Haha was that refereeing the to game that was played today? The USA vs Canada women's soccer? If so, I honestly feel that the ref favored the United States in this game. Just to get a nice rematch to Japan who they lost to 6 months ago or so.

14. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

we have my favourite quotation from the world of sports 2012 edition: cbc host jian ghomeshi

Gomeshi is a communist and supporter of anarchists. Screw him and his moronic comments.