Anybody Watching?

slovakguy

Mar 17, 2006
other than the cycling events, is anybody watching the london games with interest? i have lost interest in the games since the inclusion of professional athletes, to be totally honest.

Same with me....I just have no interest watching any of it. It is also sad to see that when they are racing that far for that long, you know they are all drugged up :mad:

slovakguy said:
other than the cycling events, is anybody watching the london games with interest?  i have lost interest in the games since the inclusion of professional athletes, to be totally honest. [/quote I've definitely no interest in what the pros do in the Olympics. I do like to watch for the human stories, like that of the double leg amputee who finished second in his 400m qualifying race today, thus making it to the final race. To me, that guy has got it all over the pros.

I found myself rooting for Lithuania in the mens basketball game this a.m. against the US team. They gave the US a run for its money. Normally it's as exciting as watching the Globe Trotters against the Washington Generals.

have to agree with you, pinelander. i have been hoping for upsets more than anything else. not really much of an endorsement for my fandom.

by the bye, close to fort dix/mcguire afb?

Yes, Slovakguy. About 20 miles south. I'm right on the edge of their air space with big **** tankers flying overhead on practice missions daily. Did you spend time there?

There's been some development, but you would probably see very little changed. The base is still surrounded by large farms and protected areas. If you go back to the days when basic training was there, it's very quiet now. The Pinelands are a great place to ride. Flat, but great roads and scenery.

i have been back a few times to golf at mcguire with dad. after september 11th we both came to the conclusion that the hassle to get on the base outweighed the chance to golf while the planes were up burning tax dollars. have to agree that the cycling looks like it would be very good. can't really speak to how the traffic/roads get outside of browns mills, but the ride in from the bordentown side looks like long stretches with no stop signs.

I watch anything USA related. Whether it is in track, swimming, gymnasts or whatever. I especially make sure I watch the USA basketball and USA soccer games. Both genders. It is simply amazing watching these athletes do what they do.

I wasn't born yet when the pros weren't allowed in the Olympics so this is all I know. I am however, disappointed with countries not giving it their all and trying to "cheat" the system and being kicked out of the Olympics. Pretty sad that all that is involved on the most high level

we have my favourite quotation from the world of sports 2012 edition:

cbc host jian ghomeshi: "ref in this game [canada v usa/women's footie] is doing things by the book. assuming it's a book that has nothing to do with soccer or this game. canadavusa.London2012."

Haha was that refereeing the to game that was played today? The USA vs Canada women's soccer? If so, I honestly feel that the ref favored the United States in this game. Just to get a nice rematch to Japan who they lost to 6 months ago or so.

we have my favourite quotation from the world of sports 2012 edition: cbc host jian ghomeshi

Gomeshi is a communist and supporter of anarchists. Screw him and his moronic comments.