Anyone been to Mt Hood Skibowl mountain bike park?

Determined

Guest
I see they have 40 miles of trails and as soon as the snow melts, you can use the ski lift to get
your bike to the top of the mountain and ride all over. I've skiied up there, but didn't know they
had so much to offer during the summer...

determined

determined wrote:
> I see they have 40 miles of trails and as soon as the snow melts, you can use the ski lift to get
> your bike to the top of the mountain and ride all over. I've skiied up there, but didn't know they
> had so much to offer during the summer...
>
> determined

Ping, Gabrielle....

determined wrote:

>I see they have 40 miles of trails and as soon as the snow melts, you can use the ski lift to get
>your bike to the top of the mountain and ride all over. I've skiied up there, but didn't know they
>had so much to offer during the summer...
>
>determined

Ski bowl has some pretty nice singletrack. I never rode the lift and got a pretty good sampling of
what was there. Do not miss Surveyor's ridge, a little to the east and north of Hood.

And across the highway from Ski Bowl the Crosstown/Pioneer Bridal/Trillium trails offer up a tasty
little network of singletrack.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:31:03 -0500, Anthony Sloan wrote:

> Ski bowl has some pretty nice singletrack. I never rode the lift and got a pretty good sampling of
> what was there. Do not miss Surveyor's ridge, a little to the east and north of Hood.

With all the snow we've been having, it'll probably be awhile before anything is open. You can check
out a video of Surveyor's from last May at http://bbauer.gomen.org/. LOTS of blowdown then; we were
stopping constantly to scramble over trees.

> And across the highway from Ski Bowl the Crosstown/Pioneer Bridal/Trillium trails offer up a tasty
> little network of singletrack.

Yeah, that's good stuff. Singletrack all the way from Ski Bowl to Rhododendron!

BB wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:31:03 -0500, Anthony Sloan wrote:
>

>>Ski bowl has some pretty nice singletrack. I never rode the lift and got a pretty good sampling of
>>what was there. Do not miss Surveyor's ridge, a little to the east and north of Hood.
>

> With all the snow we've been having, it'll probably be awhile before anything is open. You can
> check out a video of Surveyor's from last May at http://bbauer.gomen.org/. LOTS of blowdown then;
> we were stopping constantly to scramble over trees.
>

>>And across the highway from Ski Bowl the Crosstown/Pioneer Bridal/Trillium trails offer up a tasty
>>little network of singletrack.
>

> Yeah, that's good stuff. Singletrack all the way from Ski Bowl to Rhododendron!

and of course there's always the gifford pintoet forest across the river.

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:26:32 -0700, Penny S. wrote:

> determined wrote:
>> I see they have 40 miles of trails and as soon as the snow melts, you can use the ski lift to get
>> your bike to the top of the mountain and ride all over. I've skiied up there, but didn't know
>> they had so much to offer during the summer...
>>
>> determined
>
> Ping, Gabrielle....

I actually haven't ridden there yet. I don't make it over to that side of the mountain that often.
Maybe I should go check it out. Then again, I have enough problems with ski lifts with my skis,
adding the bike might be a disaster. ;)

There used to be some really great fire roads up on Lolo Pass, somewhere around French's Dome IIRC.
But don't quote me on that. And watch out for people shooting if you go up there.

gabrielle

On Thu, 01 May 2003 21:07:23 -0700, gabrielle wrote:

> There used to be some really great fire roads up on Lolo Pass, somewhere around French's Dome
> IIRC. But don't quote me on that. And watch out for people shooting if you go up there.

(good general rule for any trail in NW Oregon)

So I should leave my horned helmet at home?

> On Thu, 01 May 2003 21:07:23 -0700, gabrielle wrote:
>
> > There used to be some really great fire roads up on Lolo Pass, somewhere around French's Dome
> > IIRC. But don't quote me on that. And watch out for people shooting if you go up there.
>
> (good general rule for any trail in NW Oregon)
>
> So I should leave my horned helmet at home?

or at least wear something very bright that does not look like an animal. if you wear the horned
helmet too, you may be mistaken for some new variety of trophy game that has bright colors and
strange rolling feet. ;-)

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer