Anyone bought bike stuff on Amazon?

bicyclerubber

Jul 26, 2007
There seems to be plenty of stuff for sale on there now and, to me at least, it just feels a bit more trustable than, say, ebay

bicyclerubber said:
There seems to be plenty of stuff for sale on there now and, to me at least, it just feels a bit more trustable than, say, ebay
Amazon acts as a portal to many shops that do online business. Some have extensive online presence, like PerformanceBike and Nashbar, and some have a lower profile, like BikePartsUSA and NiagaraCycle. The low-profile guys are especially good for finding low-priced gear.

Many reputable shops and vendors operating out of their garages have eBay stores, such as BikeIsland and BikeWorldUSA. I've been satisfied with many of these sources, too.

I recently built up a fixie from parts purchased mostly through eBay, getting some terrific gear at fantastic prices. There was only one unpleasant experience, but it was due to bidding rules and shipping costs over a $3.00 pair of toe straps, so I was not burned. If you use eBay shops, read the bidding rules carefully.It all depends on what you're looking for and how much you're willing to search.