Anyone can recommend Decals or tape cable rub?

vchu7105

May 31, 2005
Anyone can recommend hardware bought Decals or tape to prevent cable rub that will not scratch or damage paint? I saw decals at the LBS for 5 bucks, but it was like 6 small pieces of decals.

vchu7105 said:
Anyone can recommend hardware bought Decals or tape to prevent cable rub that will not scratch or damage paint? I saw decals at the LBS for 5 bucks, but it was like 6 small pieces of decals.

Clear packing tape is cheap and effective without altering the look of your frame.

vchu7105 said:

Bought some "RACE Carbon Armour" - carbon weave recently - please with them cf www.wiggle.co.uk

small rectangular powerbar stickers. available free at most any cycling/running/triathalon event. easily removed. and you can look like youve got those oddly placed sponsor stickers.

I use the high quality electrical tape (3M company). My bike is mostly green, so in the green parts I use green electrical tape. Don't even notice it!

vchu7105 said:
BBB bikeskin (Carbon look or transperant)

http://www.deanwoods.com.au/store/prod1100.htm

bikeskin_carb_all.jpg

I too use the carbon fibre look decals, but i bought a role supplied for motor veicles, it was cheaper than the couple of pre cut decals at the lbs. And I have a life long supply.

I also use the plastic spiral cable neatners, I first used them to clip the computer cable to the brake cable, but now i have them on those intense cable rub spots. I just clip a section about 3-4 cm long over the cable at the spot.