Anyone care to explain this?!

"Andrew Swan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:ifOib.206
> Maybe greater triangulation => more stiffness/strength for same/less
weight?

You'd think that'd be the idea behind it, but it'd be hard to lose the extra weight I think. Setup
would be painful too I reckon.

> P.S. www.tinyurl.com is great for posting long URLs like the one
above -
> saves people having to copy and paste extra bits into their address
bars...

Thanks man! I've seen those tinyurls for a while but never visited the site. Takes seconds to
changed the long one into a nice short one. I'll definately try and use that from now on. Should've
tried that ages ago! :)

hippy

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 18:17:58 +1000, Andrew Swan wrote:

> P.S. www.tinyurl.com is great for posting long URLs like the one above - saves people having to
> copy and paste extra bits into their address bars...

Agreed, but if tinyurl ever goes bust, all these links will be borken. Not such a big deal for a
one-off, but any links you find in google-groups (or any other forum) will be useless.

-kt

"kingsley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Agreed, but if tinyurl ever goes bust, all these links will be borken. Not such a big deal for a
> one-off, but any links you find in google-groups (or any other forum) will be useless.

What IS with the stupid wrapping on newsgroups anway? How many people still use DOS? Tell me *NIX
news readers can't be slightly altered to deal with more text?

I'm sick of Outlook Express (yeah yeah laugh it up!) wrapping lines in my posts stupidly.

grumbling hippy