anyone doing the Gravity12?

flyingdutch

New Member
Feb 8, 2004
5,700
i got cajoled into this at work.

Ages since i 'got dirty' so why start with sumfin easy.
Lemme know if your gonna be there and I'll be sure to slow you down :rolleyes:

what is the Gravity12 and when is it?

Cheers,
Always trust an owl, especially and Arrogant one
Home of the Himalayian Trip: http://www.lhasa-2-kathmandu.co.uk
Home of the Owl: http://www.arrogantowl.com

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

flyingdutch wrote:

> i got cajoled into this at work.
>
> Ages since i 'got dirty' so why start with sumfin easy.
> Lemme know if your gonna be there and I'll be sure to slow you down
> :rolleyes:
>
> --
> flyingdutch

I heard a rumour that Gags might be there...

Martin Sinclair said:
what is the Gravity12 and when is it?

Further details for your reading enjoyment:
http://www.beechworthchaingang.com/

NB: Entries close Friday November 3, 2006. Late entries after this date incur a $20 late fee per team (if spaces still available. T-shirts cannot be accepted with late entries.

What is the GRAVITY 12 HOUR ?
The GRAVITY 12 HOUR event is an off road challenge or endurance mountain bike race which can be entered solo or in a team of 2,3,4 or 6 people (same or mixed sex). The GRAVITY 12 HOUR event is a race in which the competitor/s with the most laps after 12 hrs of racing wins.

The competition is not only against the other teams and individuals but against the terrain, the clock and yourself. It's more than just an event though, it's a total mountain bike festival experience with the emphasis on having fun - there's onsite bush camping, great food available, a massage tent, entertainment and licensed bar. Product prizes for solo riders and teams and crazy random spot prizes will be awarded.

Where? Location: Rosewhite in NE Victoria (20 min drive from Myrtleford)

Approximate travel times to the GRAVITY 12 HOUR event from-
MELBOURNE- 3.5 hours | SYDNEY- 7 hours | CANBERRA- 4.5 hours
ADELAIDE- 10 hours | MOUNT BEAUTY/BRIGHT- 35 minutes | BEECHWORTH- 40 minutes

GRAVITY 12 HOUR - PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE / DETAILS
(subject to change)

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2006
* Camping and Gravity 12 Hour course open from 2pm
* Registration from 2pm-9pm
* Play a free game of pool
* Bar and food open from 5pm
* Evening entertainment (MTB films)

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2006
* Rider briefing at 8.45am (registration closes at 8.30am)
* Gravity 12 Hour race running from 9am-9pm
* When you're not riding, soothe those sore muscles at
the massage tent, play a game of pool or relax and read a mag in the lounge !
* Sunset is at 7.52pm (Daylight Savings) so no more than 2 hours of bike lighting should be needed
* Food, Drinks & Entertainment during the day with music (licensed bar from 5pm) at night

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2006
* Sleep in, relax and recover. Breakfast available.

flyingdutch said:
i got cajoled into this at work.

Ages since i 'got dirty' so why start with sumfin easy.
Lemme know if your gonna be there and I'll be sure to slow you down :rolleyes:
I'm hoping to be there, but one of our riders won't know if he can race until he sees the doctor on Wednesday... :|.

Should be a good race, it's a nice fun track they've got up there (with new & improved hill climbing!)

SomeGuy said:
I'm hoping to be there, but one of our riders won't know if he can race until he sees the doctor on Wednesday... :|.

Should be a good race, it's a nice fun track they've got up there (with new & improved hill climbing!)

i heard they removed the worst hill, so that definetely sounds like 'improved' :D

PS i gotta choice of a hardtail or duallie. I'm guessing the hardtail is the go? (it REALLY is a long time since i got dirty :rolleyes: )

For the Gravity, I'd recommend the hardtail (unless you are racing solo). No really bumpy bits or seriously technical sections.

i heard they removed the worst hill

The impression I got was that they have switchbacked it so you climb more gradually. There may also be less height climbed, but I'm not sure.

SomeGuy said:
For the Gravity, I'd recommend the hardtail (unless you are racing solo). No really bumpy bits or seriously technical sections.

Dooooh! Picked up the Duallie. Altho it's surprisingly light. was expecting sumfin more John-Deere-ish :rolleyes:

a GT XCR2000 i-Drive thingy. took awhile to get used to, so went played in the dirt all around Kew Boulie and surrounds. COOOOOL Fun! :D:D:D

Pointin it AT trouble takes awhile to get used to...

Well that was a fun race :). Perhaps a touch on the warm side, but that just means you get a better tan! The organisation was top notch, so much so that they started the race early. The course was great fun too, nice and flowing with the odd sand pit ready to trap the unsuspecting rider.

How did you go flyingdutch? Did anyone else make the trip up to Rosewhite?

SomeGuy said:
How did you go flyingdutch? Did anyone else make the trip up to Rosewhite?

:( didn't end up going :(
had a 'werk' commitment, so ended up paying for someone else to replace me and miss out on the fun :(

SomeGuy said:
Although there is the Kona 24 hour in a few weeks :).

Bikesoiler's going to the Kona 24 and currently putting a team together. Send a PM/email to him if anyones looking for a team: UnitPilotATgmailDOTcom
:)

cfsmtb said:
Bikesoiler's going to the Kona 24 and currently putting a team together. Send a PM/email to him if anyones looking for a team: UnitPilotATgmailDOTcom
:)

He's doin the Kona24 on the rigid Unit???

He's been goin too hard on the homebrew, me thinks... :D