Anyone else have this elevation issue with their Garmin 305?

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
Hello,

After my ride is complete, my Edge 305 will say total feet climbed of say, 2900 feet. But when I load the data into Motion Based, it will say I climbed about 3100 feet. Motion Based is always different than my computer with elevation. It usually overstates it by 200 feet. I don't get it. Max speed, distance, and other pieces of data are the same between the computer and motion based. Weird.:rolleyes:

Yes, I think most everyone I know locally that uses the Edge and loads to Motionbased and to the Training Center sees some difference.

Both in speed and elevation.

I would like to think Motionbased is correct because the data reflects more effort and better performance. :p
When I compare the computer data at the ride finish with other 305 users we all have pretty close data in elevation and average speed when the pack stays close together.

You could probably find out more information on the MotionBased forum as to why there is a difference. I have heard that the Training Center and MB website does some data correction, but I don't know the true details.