Anyone else having a bet on the Tour?

Vintage

Guest
A few might know I love a punt and the Tour is a great excuse to have one.
I finished the Giro and two classics about $2,000 up so that was great.

With Petacchi out it may be hard to get some decent value on the flat stages
but still the Tour is a soap opera as I call it and its just a case of
predicting who will do what not who CAN do what etc.

I wrote up a piece for noobs to the sport on a site i chat on but its hardly
a science.

I got Cadel early on for the outright win expecting a few withdrawels as it
got close. Just a mugs bet but great value if it comes off and it would be
extra great.

Anyone else put their money down yet or plan too?

Vintage said:
A few might know I love a punt and the Tour is a great excuse to have one.
I finished the Giro and two classics about $2,000 up so that was great.

With Petacchi out it may be hard to get some decent value on the flat stages
but still the Tour is a soap opera as I call it and its just a case of
predicting who will do what not who CAN do what etc.

I wrote up a piece for noobs to the sport on a site i chat on but its hardly
a science.

I got Cadel early on for the outright win expecting a few withdrawels as it
got close. Just a mugs bet but great value if it comes off and it would be
extra great.

Anyone else put their money down yet or plan too?
funny you write this as i was looking at sportsbet today and if you use the 100 bucks you get free to bet with when you signup on Millar, Wiggins or Cancellara for the prologue i reckon you might be on a good thing. Millar is at 4.50!

I think i will have a couple of punts. Not a gambler generally but given the amount i think i know about pro cycling it will be worht having a crack.

byron27 said:
funny you write this as i was looking at sportsbet today and if you use the 100 bucks you get free to bet with when you signup on Millar, Wiggins or Cancellara for the prologue i reckon you might be on a good thing. Millar is at 4.50!

I think i will have a couple of punts. Not a gambler generally but given the amount i think i know about pro cycling it will be worht having a crack.

If betting on the Greyhounds is known as "Betting on the Dish-lickers" what is betting on the Tour known as ?????

if you really wanna get rid of your money you can send it to me if you like !!

MikeyOz said:
If betting on the Greyhounds is known as "Betting on the Dish-lickers" what is betting on the Tour known as ?????

if you really wanna get rid of your money you can send it to me if you like !!
When you racing next??

are you good odds????
;)

byron27 <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think i will have a couple of punts. Not a gambler generally but
> given the amount i think i know about pro cycling it will be worht
> having a crack.

Never bet on anything that can talk. All you need to do is look at the
history of pro cycling in Australia around the 1900s to find out what
gambling does to sport. From what I understand, favourites used to take
a fall quite regularly.

MikeyOz wrote:

> If betting on the Greyhounds is known as "Betting on the Dish-lickers"
> what is betting on the Tour known as ?????

Needle Stickers??

Parbs

"byron27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> funny you write this as i was looking at sportsbet today and if you
> use the 100 bucks you get free to bet with when you signup on Millar,
> Wiggins or Cancellara for the prologue i reckon you might be on a good
> thing. Millar is at 4.50!
>
> I think i will have a couple of punts. Not a gambler generally but
> given the amount i think i know about pro cycling it will be worht
> having a crack.

Hey mate thought i'd send ya my post on the forum I play. All i want is a
few to bounce ideas off.

You will see my other threads where I won with both Ballan and O'grady on
the classics at 26-1 and cleaned up too. The Ballan pick was my best IMO.

If you could give me some constructive advice to go along with my thoughts
of staying up all night that would be great.

http://www.121s.com/viewtopic.php?p=216191#216191

All I get now is cheap shots about drugs :-(

Thanks for the decent reply. Don't get many on here about betting hence
I'm still chatting to myself on 121.
Cheers

Now off to work and ride all day :-D