Anyone else having problems with cis.dfn.de?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Tags:

  2. On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:17:59 +0200, bomba did issue forth:

    > Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.

    Yeah, it wasn't responding to pings for me last night.

    Seems OK this morning though, as of 8:30ish BST.

    Huw

  3. Dan

    Dan Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:30:00 +0100, "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:17:59 +0200, bomba did issue forth:
    >
    >> Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.
    >
    >Yeah, it wasn't responding to pings for me last night.
    >
    >Seems OK this morning though, as of 8:30ish BST.

    This and the post about news redader problems are the only two posts from amb I've received between
    17:00 and 11:00 GMT+2. Obviously some problems down there.

    --
    [email protected] - Orange Patriot -03

  4. martinjlowe

    martinjlowe Guest

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:17:59 +0200, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.
    Had problems yesterday, wouldn't download messages between 18:00 bst to 21:00 bst, seems ok now

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.

    Phew, same here....and I thought it was my PC. Maybe their servers got hit with that virus??
    --
    Slacker

  6. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.
    | >

    | Phew, same here....and I thought it was my PC. Maybe their servers got
    hit
    | with that virus??
    | --
    | Slacker

    It was down all evening last night for me. I had to resub on my old Prodigy account

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 8/14/2003

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > | > Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.
    > | >

    > | Phew, same here....and I thought it was my PC. Maybe their servers got
    > hit
    > | with that virus??
    > | --
    > | Slacker
    >
    > It was down all evening last night for me. I had to resub on my old
    Prodigy
    > account
    >
    > Nelson Binch =^o.o^=

    I've seen it happen a couple times before too, but it's pretty rare. At least we can't complain
    about the price :^ )
    --
    Slacker

  8. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    | > |
    | > |
    | > | Phew, same here....and I thought it was my PC. Maybe their servers
    got
    | > hit
    | > | with that virus??
    | > | --
    | > | Slacker
    | >
    | > It was down all evening last night for me. I had to resub on my old
    | Prodigy
    | > account
    | >
    | > Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    |

    | I've seen it happen a couple times before too, but it's pretty rare. At least we can't complain
    | about the price :^ )

    They are far superior to Prodigy in every way. It was amazing how many posts Prodigy was dropping
    when I compared the two.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 8/14/2003

  9. Tsheer

    Tsheer Guest

  10. Nelson Binch

    Nelson Binch Guest

    "Tsheer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | cis.dfn.de has changed their usenet server name to news.individual.net
    |
    | do a google search using both server names and you can find the official announcement somewhere
    |
    | "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | > Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.
    | >
    | > --
    | > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    | >
    | > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

    The same notice says that there should be no end user change at this time and if there is such, they
    will send sufficient notice.

    ---
    http://intergalax.com

    Release Date: 8/14/2003

  11. Tsheer

    Tsheer Guest

    Go ahead and be really daring and switch over now, Nelson. The new server is working, while the old
    one, as reported by lots of people in this thread, is not.

    "Nelson Binch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Tsheer" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | cis.dfn.de has changed their usenet server name to news.individual.net
    > |
    > | do a google search using both server names and you can find the official announcement somewhere
    > |
    > | "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | > Having loads of problems, both last night and this morning.
    > | >
    > | > --
    > | > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    > | >
    > | > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
    >
    > The same notice says that there should be no end user change at this time and if there is such,
    > they will send sufficient notice.
    >

    > ---
    > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
    > http://intergalax.com

    > - Release Date: 8/14/2003

  12. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:25:30 -0700, Tsheer wrote:
    > Go ahead and be really daring and switch over now, Nelson. The new server is working, while the
    > old one, as reported by lots of people in this thread, is not.

    news.individual.net has address 130.133.1.4 news.cis.dfn.de has address 130.133.1.4

    ...its not so daring - they're just different names for the same server.