Anyone else heard about this one?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David E. Belche, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Spotted on the Campy Only website;

    http://www.campyonly.com/rumors/new_electronic_record.html

    Not sure how much is fact and how much is rumour, but it seems that Campag are going to try and
    succeed where Mavic bravely ventured and flopped (interestingly, the Campag version uses an electric
    front mech as well as rear). As far as I can ascertain, it doesn't seem to be a spoof article, and
    the date April 1st seems to be absent!

    David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:
    > http://www.campyonly.com/rumors/new_electronic_record.html
    >
    > Not sure how much is fact and how much is rumour, but it seems that Campag are going to try and
    > succeed where Mavic bravely ventured and flopped (interestingly, the Campag version uses an
    > electric front mech as well as rear). As far as I can ascertain, it doesn't seem to be a spoof
    > article, and the date April 1st seems to be absent!

    No, I believe this is for real and Campag are indeed investing millions into developing an
    electronic shifting version of Record. The CampyOnly people are well respected and some of their
    articles on the "Rumor" page are more like proper news reports than idle gossip. Campag electronic
    shifting has been mentioned a bit on rec.bicycles.tech and elsewhere.

    What's harder to swallow is the idea of Shimano jumping straight from 9 to 11-speed! I really
    thought that was a joke at first (might still be). Talk about going one louder. What the hell is
    that going to be like?

    ~PB www.topica.com/lists/chw-news

  3. Jim

    Jim Guest

    There's lots of discussion about this on rec.bicycles.tech.

    Jim.

    > David E. Belcher wrote:
    > > http://www.campyonly.com/rumors/new_electronic_record.html
    > >
    > > Not sure how much is fact and how much is rumour, but it seems that Campag are going to try and
    > > succeed where Mavic bravely ventured and flopped (interestingly, the Campag version uses an
    > > electric front mech as well as rear). As far as I can ascertain, it doesn't seem to be a spoof
    > > article, and the date April 1st seems to be absent!
    >
    > No, I believe this is for real and Campag are indeed investing millions into developing an
    > electronic shifting version of Record. The CampyOnly people are well respected and some of their
    > articles on the "Rumor" page are more like proper news reports than idle gossip. Campag electronic
    > shifting has been mentioned a bit on rec.bicycles.tech and elsewhere.
    >
    > What's harder to swallow is the idea of Shimano jumping straight from 9 to 11-speed! I really
    > thought that was a joke at first (might still be). Talk about going one louder. What the hell is
    > that going to be like?
    >
    > ~PB www.topica.com/lists/chw-news

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:20:55 -0000, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >There's lots of discussion about this on rec.bicycles.tech.

    Now why doesn't that surprise me? ;-)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)