Anyone else heard about this one?

David E. Belche

Guest
Spotted on the Campy Only website;

http://www.campyonly.com/rumors/new_electronic_record.html

Not sure how much is fact and how much is rumour, but it seems that Campag are going to try and
succeed where Mavic bravely ventured and flopped (interestingly, the Campag version uses an electric
front mech as well as rear). As far as I can ascertain, it doesn't seem to be a spoof article, and
the date April 1st seems to be absent!

David E. Belcher

Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

David E. Belcher wrote:
> http://www.campyonly.com/rumors/new_electronic_record.html
>
> Not sure how much is fact and how much is rumour, but it seems that Campag are going to try and
> succeed where Mavic bravely ventured and flopped (interestingly, the Campag version uses an
> electric front mech as well as rear). As far as I can ascertain, it doesn't seem to be a spoof
> article, and the date April 1st seems to be absent!

No, I believe this is for real and Campag are indeed investing millions into developing an
electronic shifting version of Record. The CampyOnly people are well respected and some of their
articles on the "Rumor" page are more like proper news reports than idle gossip. Campag electronic
shifting has been mentioned a bit on rec.bicycles.tech and elsewhere.

What's harder to swallow is the idea of Shimano jumping straight from 9 to 11-speed! I really
thought that was a joke at first (might still be). Talk about going one louder. What the hell is
that going to be like?

~PB www.topica.com/lists/chw-news

There's lots of discussion about this on rec.bicycles.tech.

Jim.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:20:55 -0000, "Jim" <[email protected]> wrote:

>There's lots of discussion about this on rec.bicycles.tech.

Now why doesn't that surprise me? ;-)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)