Anyone else using bikeinn?

The saddle is still in the Netherlands...Amsterdam, to be specific. Waiting...waiting...

Another shipping update: The saddle is in the USPS U.S. Customs Warehouse and shipping facility in Chicago, Illinois.

15 days from date of order. Not too bad, so far.

Not bad as long as you're not in a hurry! Anything I order I'm not in hurry to get it or I would have gone to the LBS and bought it. Paying for next day air would negate any savings person got from ordering it online. About 95% of the stuff I order gets to me in less then 4 days, but of course I'm doing business with US based companies. I've gotten a few items in as little as two days and a few as much as 5 days, but those longer shipping times had to do with the warehouse not sending it out for a couple of days.

What's weird is I can get stuff sent from California in 1/2 the time it takes to get stuff from Florida which is closer to me by a 1,000 miles! I can mail or receive letters from California in 2 to 4 days tops, but it took 10 days to get a letter to S Carolina, and another 9 days to get it back which is 1,300 miles closer than Los Angeles is to us. Not sure what the deal is going on north and south with the mail, but it's always been like that for as long as I can remember since I moved to Fort Wayne 14 years ago, but I could get mail when I lived in California to Florida and back in about 4 to 5 days one way. It's this north and south thing that's screwy.

Not bad as long as you're not in a hurry!

Exactly. BikeInn has the best prices on many items, but delivery time is the tradeoff.

I'm rarely in a hurry. I plan ahead when possible, stock spares and keep plenty of extra bikes ready to roll as backup.

The saddle is shown at my local post office this morning and may be delivered today. So...right around 17 days from date of order. That's acceptable to me.

After I ordered the saddle, I ordered some jerseys, a spare cable set and a few Jagwire inline cable adjusters from Ribble. I actually expected the Ribble order to arrive before the BikeInn order. My guess is that the Ribble stuff arrives this week after about a 2-week time window.

I forgot to update the thread yesterday. The saddle did arrive yesterday and I mounted it last night and test rode it on the Ribble R872 this afternoon.

The new saddle is a Selle Italia 'Flite' model. The Flite has been my 'go to' saddle for many years. It's always fit me well, been comfy and plenty light weight enough. I've ridden a couple generations of the Flite and this one is 'flatter' on the wings than any I've had in the past.

It's almost as flat as my Selle Italia SLR, but not as flat as the Selle Italia X1 X-Cross.

The Flite is 146 MM wide The SLR is 131 MM wide. The X1 is 135 MM wide.

The nose is a bit wider than the SLR.

It felt pretty good, but it has a bit of the 'new saddle slipperyness' that I hope goes away with sweat soaking and age. Comfort as compared to the old Flite's and my other saddle? That's going to take time, longer rides and warmer temperatures to fairly evaluate.

How are you liking the Ribble bike? Likes and dislikes?
I am thinking of buying a new disc brake road bike.
I am a tight wad and still ride a Litespeed Vortex. The only road bike I have ever had. I bought it as a pro deal. Still a great bike, all 6/4 ti. I think no one makes bikes out of it due to the cost and skill needed to make a frame.
I am 6'1" 170 pounds.
Looking for fast but comfortable.
Thank you

I REALLY like the Ribble R872. It's plenty stiff, plenty comfortable and steers and rides like a race bike should, IMO. Quick, but not nervous. Straight and true with no hands.

The finish is very good, what little paintwork there is shows quality and attention to detail.

I had to re-wire the brakes from Brit side to American side and even the internal routing was a snap...far easier than the new Wilier Gran Turismo GTS I just built up from a bare frameset.

Overall proportions of the frame are good. Average top tube length allows running a longer stem if desired. Head tube is short enough to go low and aero if you want to...and I do.

Road vibration damping is in the middle of carbon frames I've owned. Plenty good enough to suit me.

The frame climbs well and accelerates well despite the heavy RS-330 semi-aero aluminum wheels that came on my photo shoot version. I have yet to mount my reference wheel set or race wheels, but with lighter wheels this thing should fly.

60-70 miles is the longest ride I put in on it so far and that was plenty comfortable. It's definitely good for covering long distances over fairly poor asphalt. I did find the OEM Selle Italia X1 saddle a bit too flat for my ass and installed a Selle Italia SLR and the a Selle Italia Flite. The SLR fit me well, but it was an 'extra clearance model with pinched rails that could not be slid rearward enough to suit my position.

The Ultegra stuff is working well. About as exciting as vanilla ice cream, but perfectly functional components.

The Ribble build job was spot on, packaging was the best I have ever seen.

What do you think of the bb71 bottom bracket?
I was hoping Wheels manufacturering or Praxis had a fix for it but they do not.
Did you find any bikes or frames with a threaded BB that were a great as good or better in quality and price?
Thank you for your thorough reply?

My 2016 R872 is threaded external cups (English) So far, so good. Quiet and stiff. The 2017 version of the R872 switched to PF design.

The shimaNO BB42 in my TREK Emonda is good IMO, but I'm a fan of threaded outboard cups. The BB86.5 PF cups in the Emonda have been smooth as silk and quiet. I'm not sold on PF in general yet.

The Wilier Gran Turismo GTS frameset I just built up is no where near the price of the R872, but it has threaded external cups (English).

What do you not like about the Emonda? I rode the top of the line with the One piece bar and stem and direct mount brakes. I did not like the way the brakes worked and I did not like the expensive one piece stembar and The super light wheels and the carbon saddle. it was more than I wanted to pay for a lot of stuff that I wouldn't use.
I liked the feel of the Emonda, but not the $$$ and the press fit BB.
I could not find a way to message you vs taking over this thread. Sorry to all.
My 2016 R872 is threaded external cups (English) So far, so good. Quiet and stiff. The 2017 version of the R872 switched to PF design.

The shimaNO BB42 in my TREK Emonda is good IMO, but I'm a fan of threaded outboard cups. The BB86.5 PF cups in the Emonda have been smooth as silk and quiet. I'm not sold on PF in general yet.

The Wilier Gran Turismo GTS frameset I just built up is no where near the price of the R872, but it has threaded external cups (English).

Also is the Wilier really any better than the Ribble? Or just marketing?
Thank you.

What do you not like about the Emonda?

The tall H2 headtube.
It's stiff, which I like, but it's also pretty damned chattery. A little buzzy, but not to the point of causing discomfort.
It's a bit top heavy and kind of slow to respond to the throttle.
Climbs well enough, but it just doesn't feel like a climber's bike.

Overall, a good bike. I put a Stages power meter on it and use it for Winter training along with my track bike.

Also is the Wilier really any better than the Ribble? Or just marketing?

All the Campy I put on my Wilier's make it better, but the frame? Good question.

The Wilier Izoard's I ride respond to input as well as the Ribble. Both are excellent racing frames. The Wilier GTS is just a wee bit more sluggish feeling. Remember, I only have about 300 miles on it with a long ride of around 70 miles. I did a ride this morning under a time constraint and had to absolutely flog the GTS to get back to the car under the time cut. I was well pleased with how it climbed and with an 87 RPM average cadence on a climbing course I think I found a friend in this Wilier!

It's a good ride quality...Ohio roads pretty much all suck to one degree or another. It's a light enough frameset, but the R872 is a few grams lighter.

The Izoard's I have tens of thousands of miles logged and they feel like 'home' to me.

R&A Cycles is blowing out the last of the 2015 Izoard's right now. The deal is good, IMO.

The Ribble R872 is a delightful frame. Plenty stiff, accurate, swings from side to side out of the saddle easily...ticks off pretty much every positive point I look for and enjoy in a racer. Nothing fancy or expensive so even if it all goes South you aren't out much. It's the best of cheap Chinese carbon IMO.

All my bike are set up with Selle Italia Flite saddles, similar bar and stem dimension. My reference training wheel sets are Aksiums, shimaNO RS21's and Mavic Open Pro's built up on Campy Record hubs. The Ribble is the odd man out with those heavy shimaNO RS-330 semi-aero wheels.

The Wilier Izoard and GTS is going to run you twice as much for the frameset. You're paying for nice paint and there's nothing wrong with that. Life is too short to ride ugly bikes...not that the R872 is ugly. I actually like the matte black look with mostly stealth decals. Wilier gives you some technology with their frames that adds value. Cable routing is a pain, but not impossible. If I built two or more per year I would invest in the Park Tool internal cable routing tool set, for sure.

Wilier has a 5-year warranty and Ribble offers 6. Competitive Cyclist are great with service and warranty work. I can testify to that after they replaced a cracked Izoard under warranty for me. So far, the folks at Ribble have treated me fantastic also. Customer service is responsive via email. I've purchased numerous small items and clothing from them and found their Ribble brand clothing closeout deals to be the best quality and prices this side of Bike Nashbar.

What do you not
The tall H2 headtube.
It's stiff, which I like, but it's also pretty damned chattery. A little buzzy, but not to the point of causing discomfort.
It's a bit top heavy and kind of slow to respond to the throttle.
Climbs well enough, but it just doesn't feel like a climber's bike.

Overall, a good bike. I put a Stages power meter on it and use it for Winter training along with my track bike.[/QUOTE
You must have a low end Emonda because I found the Emonda slr 10 to be super responsive, light and not harsh. I really liked it.

Not bad as long as you're not in a hurry! Anything I order I'm not in hurry to get it or I would have gone to the LBS and bought it. Paying for next day air would negate any savings person got from ordering it online. About 95% of the stuff I order gets to me in less then 4 days, but of course I'm doing business with US based companies. I've gotten a few items in as little as two days and a few as much as 5 days, but those longer shipping times had to do with the warehouse not sending it out for a couple of days.

What's weird is I can get stuff sent from California in 1/2 the time it takes to get stuff from Florida which is closer to me by a 1,000 miles! I can mail or receive letters from California in 2 to 4 days tops, but it took 10 days to get a letter to S Carolina, and another 9 days to get it back which is 1,300 miles closer than Los Angeles is to us. Not sure what the deal is going on north and south with the mail, but it's always been like that for as long as I can remember since I moved to Fort Wayne 14 years ago, but I could get mail when I lived in California to Florida and back in about 4 to 5 days one way. It's this north and south thing that's screwy.

It's because people in California receive at least a basic edumacation and don't spend time learning "dualing banjos" and fiddling their inlaws... Because of this, Billy Bob at the mail sorting center has to repeatedly ask his managers "is this here package to California international or does it go in the terrorist bin?" and consequently your package gets delayed.

LoL @ CampyBob asking Froze "can you find better prices" and instead of getting a one word answer, he gets a 64,000 word rambling reply. Something's never change.

It's because people in California receive at least a basic edumacation and don't spend time learning "dualing banjos" and fiddling their inlaws... Because of this, Billy Bob at the mail sorting center has to repeatedly ask his managers "is this here package to California international or does it go in the terrorist bin?" and consequently your package gets delayed.

LoL @ CampyBob asking Froze "can you find better prices" and instead of getting a one word answer, he gets a 64,000 word rambling reply. Something's never change.

64,000 word reply? How insulting can a person be, I counted those words and it was only 59,971, did you actually count them? I didn't think so, geez some people need to get their facts straight.

I've now ordered three times from BikeInn. So far they were lowest prices on the items I wanted. As I said, delivery is a week or so longer than the 'normal' from other European sources.

I ordered from Ribble yesterday.

Use whomever you like. I spread my biz around and almost always come away happy.

BTW, the new Wilier is getting more miles piled on it and I'm liking it a lot. Had to slam that stem and I still might put another stem on to try 10 MM more drop.

2017 Wilier Gran Turismo GTS 3.JPG
2017 Wilier Gran Turismo GTS 5.JPG

64,000 word reply? How insulting can a person be, I counted those words and it was only 59,971, did you actually count them? I didn't think so, geez some people need to get their facts straight.

Come on hirth gap, that was 64,032 words. You need to update your word counter to include the webonics 'n stuff that you include...

A Hirth joint separated by anything less than a millimeter entitles the user to conveniently forget about at least 2 paragraphs of his word count. I think that's Alf-rule No. 26.2 or some such ****. I never was good with that French measuring system invinted by wino's.

The weekend weather forecast looks iffy, at best. I get the hay made and the on & off rains are going to have me back in the fields again way too soon. And I ain't no Engrishman or Irish dude like Lim when it comes to pounding out miles in soggy socks and squishing shoes. I need to get back to Arizona and climb Mount Mingus again in the dry heat.