Anyone ever been charged for a lost ChampionChip?

Rwalter2

Guest
I'm in the process of signing up for another race that uses the ChampionChip. The application
includes the usual warning: - - "A $30 charge will apply for non-returned chips. . ." etc., etc.

Out of curriousity, does anyone know of an instance where someone has actually been charged
for a lost chip? I'm sure it must happen from time to time due to lost/forgotten chips,
no-shows, DNF runners, etc. Has anyone ever been sent a bill, or had problems registering
for subsequent races? I personally have never heard of it.

Robert Walter, CA

[email protected] (RWalter2) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I'm in the process of signing up for another race that uses the ChampionChip. The application
> includes the usual warning: - - "A $30 charge will apply for non-returned chips. . ." etc., etc.
>
> Out of curriousity, does anyone know of an instance where someone has actually been charged
> for a lost chip? I'm sure it must happen from time to time due to lost/forgotten chips,
> no-shows, DNF runners, etc. Has anyone ever been sent a bill, or had problems registering
> for subsequent races? I personally have never heard of it.
>

> Robert Walter, CA

I had one come off somewhere in the first 3 miles of a race I ran. Never got charged or notified I
didn't turn it in. That was 3 years ago.

What ****** me off was that there was no alternate scoring so I was never scored. But I got over
quickly it in the bar that is right across the street from the finish line.

Andy

amh wrote:

> What ****** me off was that there was no alternate scoring so I was never scored. But I got over
> quickly it in the bar that is right across the street from the finish line.

You're a hard guy to please. Once you're committed to the chip and you have a mass finish line with
no chutes, alternate scoring is damn near impossible. If you still use chutes and tear-off tags
with someone pushing a timer button in addition to the chips, why the hell have the chips in the
first place.

Come up Sunday and do the Kingston Classic. I'll be working the finish line and if you lose your
chip I promise you will NOT be timed but you will have some to drink that beer with who will laugh
his ass off when you whine about it. :)

--
Caveat Lector "the further you go outside, the further you go inside" - B. McKibben Doug Freese
[email protected]

Bill-always hard-Rodgers wrote:

> I'll see if I can make it, I'd enjoy punching you in the head again.

You would end up in Jamaica looking for gerbils.