Anyone ever dealt with Jenson.com?

James Thomas

Feb 6, 2004
I am new to mountain biking but picking it up quickly. I am in the process of upgrading the components on my Nishiki to 9-speed Shimano XT (shifters, cassette, derailleurs-front/rear, etc.). A nice fellow using this site advised me to support my local bike shop but those guys are way too expensive. I found all the parts @ Jenson.com and thought I was getting a decent deal but it has been two weeks and the parts still haven't shipped yet. Can you suggest a better yet still inexpensive alternative? Thanks for any input.

Originally posted by James Thomas
I am new to mountain biking but picking it up quickly. I am in the process of upgrading the components on my Nishiki to 9-speed Shimano XT (shifters, cassette, derailleurs-front/rear, etc.). A nice fellow using this site advised me to support my local bike shop but those guys are way too expensive. I found all the parts @ Jenson.com and thought I was getting a decent deal but it has been two weeks and the parts still haven't shipped yet. Can you suggest a better yet still inexpensive alternative? Thanks for any input.

If Jenson hasn't shipped the parts its because something you ordered is out of stock. They will hold everything and ship the order in full unless you specify otherwise. You won't really find a better alternative. There are other great shops but Jenson is considered the best online retailer. I've been buying from them for about 4 years and they have always been great. You should just give them a call and asking why the delay.

yep, ive ordered from jenson before and they've held the order until everything was in stock. it usually says on the site whether they have it or not. aside from jenson, you might wanna check out nashbar.com or pricepoint.com. nashbar has great prices and service, and pricepoint has good deals too. whenever i buy something, i usually check those 3 and get it from whoever has it cheapest.

Originally posted by bigchina
yep, ive ordered from jenson before and they've held the order until everything was in stock. it usually says on the site whether they have it or not. aside from jenson, you might wanna check out nashbar.com or pricepoint.com. nashbar has great prices and service, and pricepoint has good deals too. whenever i buy something, i usually check those 3 and get it from whoever has it cheapest.

Ditto on that. Jenson seems to be a little more pokey then Nashbar. If its down to a couple bucks, I'll go with Nashbar or PerformanceBike.

Originally posted by dobber
Ditto on that. Jenson seems to be a little more pokey then Nashbar. If its down to a couple bucks, I'll go with Nashbar or PerformanceBike.

Pokey isn't really the word. I ordered on 2/17 and they didn't say that the items weren't in stock. At last count they were holding my order until 3/31 until I cancelled and ordered from aebike.com.
My drivetrain parts will be in next Friday. :) Thanks for the input.