anyone ever order from Bing Cycles?

pengrac2

Jun 26, 2011
I am a triathlete on a budget looking for a new bike. I came acros bingcycles.net and their prices seem almost too good to be true. I found the bike i want, calculated shipping (250$), and it is well below the prices of other online stores. A few things struck me as odd:

- Website has no flair or advertisements
- They are based in indonesia
- Unrealisticly huge selection of bikes
- No cheap items for sale - just bikes and wheelsets
- Some bikes are 'addable' to your cart but no option to pick size
- There is an option to leave a review but there is not one review
- A google search of their company yielded no relavent results

too good to be true? looks like it. However, It would be awesome if someone has actually ordered and received a bike from them. Id love to get a felt tri bike for 1100 :p

Also found them on the net. Did you purchase anything from them? Prices sound to good to be true as you say. Hoping someone has any details

I did a quick google search for a bike that goes for at least $2500 everywhere else, and is on bing for $1200 +250 shipping. Have you guys found any info? No way Im going to put my CC info on this site before I hear from anyone who has bought from them...

Ok so I did attempt a purchase through bingcycle.net for a bike that was clearly worth double what they were asking for it. I kinda feel dumb now that I didn't do more research about the company prior to paying for the bike. I sent the money via paypal to a private account which paypal listed as having been validated already. After a few days there was still not any change to the status of the order so I began emailing the store only to find out that the email addresses listed are not valid.I immediately contacted Paypal and filed a dispute. I am now waiting a 10 day period to see if the seller is going to respond, or if I am going to be refunded. I will keep you guys posted.

any news? Im sorry to hear that happened to you. I almost fell into the same trap if it wasn't for your post here. thank you

I posted the question to Felt directly on their facebook page and they confirmed Bing Cycle is not a dealer. It is a Scam. Bastards

Just another thought. Why would you buy a bike over the net from even a established company? Think about any warranty or service issues you may have! Most if not LBSs will honor the manufacturer warranty as well as usually provide free adjustments for life as mine does. Baer Wheels, Columbus, Ohio.

Keep in mind weather or not your bike maker will even stand behind a internet retailer.

This is not worth the potential troubles in the pursuit of saving money.

You can order cars online, it works... the bike industry is afraid of the price competetion now. They will get there just like cars. The comment above is from a retailer afraid of people comparing prices too much. I have bought used bikes on the internet and saved a lot of money. Warranties are nice insurance but not everything if you are an informed buyer. Bike shops don't have a problem servicing any bike.

All those shops are scammers don't buy from them. They take your money and you never see the goods. I found another post on another forum and the guys had been scammed. Go with the old addage "if it sounds to good to be true " then it is to good to be true. It's a scam.