Anyone Familiar With Backroads?

jumpergrrl1979

Mar 24, 2015
I have recently been receiving mail from a company called "Backroads" which promotes adventure vacations for cyclists. I was considering trying one of these vacations but they are very pricey. I am having trouble finding online reviews for this company and I was wondering if anyone has been in a "Backroads" vacation. I do not want to shell out thousands of dollars for a trip that I could take on my own.

I am not familiar with Backroads cyclists; however your post spiked my interest. I jumped on to their website to take a quick peak. What I like is the fact that you can chose different levels of accommodations. If you are serious, this may be a good option for you to consider. I think that it would be fun to go on an adventure in another country and experience the views by a bike in a group setting. I like the idea of having a bike guide familiar with the area. It will be interesting to find out, if anyone has had any dealings with this company.

jumpergrrl1979 said:
I have recently been receiving mail from a company called "Backroads" which promotes adventure vacations for cyclists. I was considering trying one of these vacations but they are very pricey. I am having trouble finding online reviews for this company and I was wondering if anyone has been in a "Backroads" vacation. I do not want to shell out thousands of dollars for a trip that I could take on my own.
Is there are specific reason as to why you don't want to create your own trip. I have found it to be much more fun. The days you are tired, you can stop early, or not go at all, and the days you are fine, have gone much further than expected can be stunningly rewarding and cycling alone is not as lonely as you think it will be. I have found that people are far more willing to talk to me and help me or be very helpful when I am on my own than touring with my husband.

This is the first time I hear of "Backroads". I don't know if they're legit, but if they've been around for a while then there's a pretty good chance that they're above board. But since you can't get enough info about them online, then perhaps their adventure vacations are not popular. Don't waste your money until you're 100% certain that they do provide the valuable service they claim.

Well, the tuscany coast bike tours sound delightful. It goes from south to north, with the chance of fine wines before dining on local specialties, Relax at day's end in cozy historic hotels,etc. Also, With some Pedal rolling hills past Brunello, Chianti Classico and Sangiovese vineyards