Anyone find out what the Columbia/ Garmin-Chipotle Jerseys look like?

Travis44

Jul 28, 2007
As you all well know, High Road is now sponsored by Columbia, and Slipstream is now sponsored by Garmin. What do the jerseys look like?

Bro Deal said:
Eek! Shorts that come down nearly to the knee were bad enough, but now we have to deal with socks creeping up toward the knee? I predict some really stupid tan lines.

Why don't the teams just get it over with and use full tights all the time?
Always wondered why Armstrong pioneered those long cycling socks - ugly way of hiding those needle marks, don't you think?

Bro Deal said:
That is a fairly pedestrian effort. It does not stand out at all.

I like this year's Slipstream a lot more.

yeah nicht sehr gut but anything is better than the original High Road design..... that was diabolical.............................. so I read Cav made the start list.......... who's gunna help KK ?

Very underwhelming the Columbia. Too generic. I was thinking something with green or brown, that would be cool. Like the woods and the forest and stuff, plus that would play the whole "green" card like Discovery at the Tour last year. Very disappointing.

High Road had just a few days to get this kit prepared....as the results show. I would think that a clothier the size of Columbia would have the resources to pull this off in a more creative way.

What seems odd to me is that the jersey colors and design give it a look similar "Astana Lite" with several similar design elements.

And, if it matters much, I don't think you will see many of us rushing out to buy these Columbia jerseys for our club rides.

Mark

There's nothing wrong with an understated jersey. In olden days, we used to wear plain black shorts and subdued jerseys. I think jerseys like Slipstream's are just plain gaudy - much like Cipo's entire wardrobe or Bettini's gold shoes. Of the teams today, I think Milram has the classiest kit.

Must agree. I quite like a more classic look - understated. No reason for wild color combinations. Jerseys like the domina vacanze or slipstream ones look cool for the better part of five minutes, then get old.

I for one grew to like the white high road. Simple, to the point and easily identifiable.

Powerful Pete said:
Must agree. I quite like a more classic look - understated. No reason for wild color combinations. Jerseys like the domina vacanze or slipstream ones look cool for the better part of five minutes, then get old.

I for one grew to like the white high road. Simple, to the point and easily identifiable.
+1 Yeah i liked the simplicity of the high road jersey too.

2nh225s.jpg