anyone fix a HAC4?

Dan Connelly

Guest
Has anyone had a Hac4 fixed? I swapped batteries, and it still doesn't report speed. Do I send it to Germany?

thanks,
Dan

> Has anyone had a Hac4 fixed? I swapped batteries, and it still doesn't
> report speed. Do I send it to Germany?
>
> thanks,
> Dan

Ick. Wonderful units (not). If this were coming from someone other than
yourself, I'd assume that it was the "secret" battery nobody knows about in
the receiver (the part that attaches to the handlebar). Tried a different
transmitter?

The other thing to try before giving up is to short out the battery contacts
for a bit. Easiest way to do this is to reverse the battery. Then try again.
Sometimes that does the trick, especially on balky Cateyes.

--Mike--
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

Did you also replace the batteries in the transmitter and receiver. There
are three batteries in the system...

news:G%[email protected]...

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> Has anyone had a Hac4 fixed? I swapped batteries, and it still doesn't
>> report speed. Do I send it to Germany?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Dan

> Ick. Wonderful units (not). If this were coming from someone other than
> yourself, I'd assume that it was the "secret" battery nobody knows about in
> the receiver (the part that attaches to the handlebar). Tried a different
> transmitter?
>
> The other thing to try before giving up is to short out the battery contacts
> for a bit. Easiest way to do this is to reverse the battery. Then try again.
> Sometimes that does the trick, especially on balky Cateyes.

I tried all 3 batteries. Of course, the replacements might be bad....

I'll take another try at it.