anyone for a metric century a month challenge?

MartinM wrote:
> MSeries wrote:
>

> > IIRC its 12 consecutive months with no specific starting month. I was
> > thinking about this but I'll miss March as I'll be in Majorca when the
> > Chirk is on and thats the only northern 200 I can find

> I know a 200k perm you can do in Mallorca (self built)
>
> I intend to start my RRTY in September 06 finishing in Aug 07 with PBP
> (it's actually looking almost close now)

Can you email me the details please ? As it happens I might miss the
Peak Audax January 200 too (Eccleshall) as I may be on a work mission
to Colorado. There is a local ride I could do as aperm but I don't
really want to be in the hills so early on (unless it's going down on
skis)

In article <[email protected]>,
dkahn400 ([email protected]) wrote:

> I'm slightly ahead of you. I just need the Poor Student in January to
> complete my RYTY. Having said that though, I haven't had my brevet card
> back yet from my Anorak's Delight permanent. It's my only November 200
> (and jolly chilly it was too) so if that's got lost in the post I'm
> back to square 1. (Pretends to look worried).
>
> Come to think of it I still haven't had my brevet card back from LEL.
> Well it was only 4-and-a-bit months ago.

I got my card back for the Denmead Summer Randonnee (August 13th) not
long ago. In the same post was that from the Upper Thames (November
5th).

> The Marlborough Connection in February was my first audax. It's a
> beautiful ride but surprisingly lumpy in parts. Quite a long slog over
> the Ridgeway path if I remember. It's a John Harwood event therefore
> the route sheet is perfection. Also it ends in a very pleasant pub that
> serves randonneur sized portions of food.

Hmmm. Does it go /along/ the Ridgeway path? If it does, I shall be
staying in bed...

Is it an Audi A4?

Dave Larrington wrote:

> Hmmm. Does it go /along/ the Ridgeway path? If it does, I shall be
> staying in bed...

No, it just crosses it twice. Having decided to call it the Ridgeway
the ancients obviously decided the best place to put it would be on a
ridge.

--
Dave...

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Shamelessly pinched from C+, here's an idea to get us all on our bikes
> next year; nothing too serious (unless you want it to be)
>
> the rules,
>
> you must do at least a 100km ride (of any type, no-one's going to check
> up on you) every calendar month
>
> you get 1 point for each complete 100km you do in a day
>
> err, that's it ;-) just add your latest ride and total points to this
> thread

I wonder what the significance of the 100km per day is, which in
real terms is just 62.5 miles.

I used to cycle over 50 miles every day, to work and out to a
dance in the evening, ie 80km, but EVERY day, not once a month.

Then, at weekends I'd be out with the local YHA group and we
would do about another 120 miles, ie 190km.

Alan

Alan Holmes wrote:

> I wonder what the significance of the 100km per day is, which in
> real terms is just 62.5 miles.

To some people a 100km ride is a challenge - thats all. Perhaps you
should enter the Century a month challenge, a 100 miler every month, or
the 2000 miles a month challenge if you are still doing 80 miles a day.