Anyone From Brighton Or Lewes.

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by Sillyoldtwit, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Sillyoldtwit

Sillyoldtwit New Member

I'm heading for the UK in July and have decided carting the bike all that way is a pain, especially as we will be staying in Finland for a couple of days en route.

Has anyone got a second bike they wouldn't mind renting me for a month? I don't mind if it's a heavy monster; I just don't want to lose my fitness. Also if poss I would like to do some rides with the the Lewes club or a club in Brighton. I used to know a couple of guys in the Lewes club. Barry was one, he used to have a small bike shop in Preston St. Brighton.

Fingers crossed. TYSON

Tags:

2. AndROOb

AndROOb New Member

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/clu/cluClubFinder.asp?club_cp=1&club_mode=0&club_id=&club_myclubs=No&club_goride=0&RefID=&RefType=&club_kw=&club_regions=South+East&club_disc=All+Activities&crpp=20

Hi Tyson,
    the above link takes you to the British Cycling Fed website, specicically to affiliated clubs in the south-east of UK(Brighton/Lewes). I would suggest contacting one of the clubs re club runs, and you never know, one of them maybe able to help you out with a bike.
    Enjoy your stay in the UK:)

3. Sillyoldtwit

Sillyoldtwit New Member

Thanks And for that info. I see you are from Guildford; I worked in Godalming for 4 years and lived in Hindhead and Haslemere - great memories!

Cheers Tyson ;)

4. AndROOb

AndROOb New Member

I've been in the Guildford area all my life, and like you spent 4-5 years living in Godalming on Charterhouse Rd( the road leading out of Godalming toward the A3).
    Another link where Hinhead is concerned, is a cycle club called A3crg, who are based just south of Hindhead in the Liss/Liphook/Petersfield area. One member of that club is Ben Instone who is an acqaintance of rmur17.

I have to say, I like the sound of your location, although 'sound' probably the right word :D

5. Sillyoldtwit

Sillyoldtwit New Member

I think one of the reasons for my making rapid progress on the bike (power-wise)since last January, was due to all the running I used to do aound "The Devil's Punchbowl" and my anaerobic workouts on "The Devil's Jumps" in Churt.

Speaking of devils, I don't know if you have ever cycled near Brighton, but on the London to Brighton bike race, when you get near Brighton you have to climb up "Devils Dyke". The last time I rode (struggled) up there was when I was 50. And 14 years later, I'm really looking forward to riding it again this summer. Compared with Japanese mountains it's a pimple. I'm sure with my new found power, I'll scream up there. [​IMG]Tyson

6. AndROOb

AndROOb New Member

I have not rode up that one, but somehow I think that'll be a walk.......or should I say, cycle:rolleyes: in the park for you now:D .