Anyone from Kitchener/Waterloo

mtbnewbie

Aug 3, 2005
Is there anyone in these forums from Kitchern/Waterloo Ontarion Canada?

I have been riding my MTB around here, mostly on the roads for the last year, wondering if there is anyone else around.

I am not very fast, I can average about 20 - 21 km/h on the roads. My longest non-stop ride was about 1hr and 20 minutes.

Looking to find someone to ride with every once in a while.

mtbnewbie said:

I have been riding my MTB around here, mostly on the roads for the last year, wondering if there is anyone else around.

I am not very fast, I can average about 20 - 21 km/h on the roads. My longest non-stop ride was about 1hr and 20 minutes.

Hello mtbnewbie,

I'm in Kitchener. I've been riding a road bike for the last 12 years. My rides vary between 50 - 100 km and last 2 - 4 hrs, unless I'm riding with my daughter, then it is slower and shorter.

I'm in the Fisher-Hallman / Ottawa St. area. Most of my rides are west and south of Kitchener and take place when I can find time.

Where in Kitchener are you and where do you ride?

Alpha

I live in the chicopee/lackener area. I do most of my riding early in the morning, 6:00 -6:15 for 30-45 minutes. Ride mostly in the area bounded by River, Ottawa, Lackner, and Fairway.

Weekends I will ride almost anywhere, last weekend I rode up to Rim Park and back home.

Had a fairly bad bout with a flu this weekend, so I didn't do any riding.

mtbnewbie said:

Hi,

I live in Kitchener in the Frederick and Victoria area. I generally do road riding to the North and East of Kitchener. My favourite loops is across the Grand at Bridgeport and northabout through Bloomingdale to Winterborne, West Montrose and then east to Maryhill. Just getting back into road riding as I lived out of province for a few years in a place with generally lousy weather and worse drivers. Not too fast these days but getting quicker. I also have a ATB that I use for bombing around community trails.