Anyone Get Food Poisoning on the Alpine Weekend ?

Rayzor

Jan 12, 2006
Hi Just wondering if anyone else had food poisoning while staying at Bright on the weekend of the Alpine.

On Tuesdays morning I woke at 4 am and was very sick with high temp, Nausea, aching joints ( felt like I wanted to die !! ).

The main reason I need peoples help is I never want to feel that bad ever again and the only way to identify the cause would be if other people had the same symptoms and did the same things. I have thought of 3 possible causes.

1/ The water from the spring on the side of the road on the Alpine ( Doubtful)

2/ The river water, I spent a lot of time in the river

3/ The Chinese I ate on Monday night ( I have a suspicion this is the cause )

Anyway if anyone else was sick could you please reply to this thread

Thanks

Hi Just wondering if anyone else had food poisoning while staying at Bright on the weekend of the Alpine.

On Tuesdays morning I woke at 4 am and was very sick with high temp, Nausea, aching joints ( felt like I wanted to die !! ).

The main reason I need peoples help is I never want to feel that bad ever again and the only way to identify the cause would be if other people had the same symptoms and did the same things. I have thought of 3 possible causes.

Thanks

More than likely the spring or river water. This won't make you fell any better but bush-walker friends of mine tell me that run off from stock and fox droppings is an issue in a lot of places, septic tank run offs can also enter water ways. If you were feeling better inside two or three days it might not have been food poisoning, that tends to hang around longer, up to a week or more.

More than likely the spring or river water. This won't make you fell any better but bush-walker friends of mine tell me that run off from stock and fox droppings is an issue in a lot of places, septic tank run offs can also enter water ways. If you were feeling better inside two or three days it might not have been food poisoning, that tends to hang around longer, up to a week or more.

Rayzor said:

Thanks

There was an annoucement against drinking the spring water, which I didn't hear!
I had a slightly upset stomach for the rest of the ride.

Yes I didn't hear any announcement about the water either, I know on 3 previous Alpines I have drank the water and had no problems, plus there were hundreds of other riders who drank the same water and I haven't heard of too many people getting sick. I guess I'll never know really for sure what caused me to get sick. Ones things for sure I won't risk eating Chinese again in Bright just in case. Its taken nearly a week recovery and I'm still a bit fragile.