Anyone going to L'alpe d'huez this year?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Clifford R Wagn, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

I will be heading off to at the end of June for a month-long vacation. I'll be hitting London, then
    heading into Paris to catch the prologue. From there, I have made a friend who lives by Mont Ventoux
    (which will come in handy next time the tour goes back there!). My plans are then to head over to
    L'alpe D'huez to catch that. Unfortunately, I had a major problem getting hotel reservations. (I
    never recieved a confirmation, nor any reply from francehotelreservation.com just in case anyone was
    considering using them). So, now I'm a bit nervous about my plans. I'm not THAT concerned, since I
    can always bring an air matress along and sleep outdoors. Just in case, I was hoping to find some
    other americans heading over there that might be camping out (in tents or a camper) that I might
    hang out with the nights of the 12th and 13th (I'll have my own food, beverage, and sleeping
    accomodations, merely looking for native english speaking company).

I believe my french friend will also be coming along to watch, so it's also a good opportunity for
    ya to get to know someone if you come back for the ventoux some year :) I won't be bringing my bike
    along on my trip (since I'm taking a month to travel), so will have to hike it to wherever (I hope
    to watch the tour from about 5-8km from the summit). Feel free to post here or email me (I trust my
    spam filters enough that I use my real email address in the reply-to). Thanks! (now back to watching
    the climb of Zoncolan ;)).

-cliff

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.