Anyone got a view on Moracci cycles?

johnny english

Jun 7, 2012
I'm currently looking at buying my first road bike, I've tried a few and was quite impressed with the Moracci San Remo.

http://www.genesiscycle.ca/product_detail.php?pid=290

The spec is pretty good for the price, and it felt good to ride, but the internet seems remarkably devoid of any reviews. Has anyone got any experience of this brand, good or bad, that they could share, please?

Morracci bikes are part of the Genesis cycle company out of Toronto Canada,I know a bit of the history of the company as I used to sell their products at the retail level many years ago. I just purchased a San Remo yesterday. I did my homework, no other brand could touch the price within$ 200 - $300 for the componentry. Other than the fact that the San Remo uses 6160 alloy tubing vs 7005 for most of its more expensive competitors in that category (which doesn't mean anything to a recreational rider) From what I gather 7005 is slightly stronger but also more brittle.My first mtb was a Genesis Mountain Project Algonquin from 1991. Great bike in its day.Lasted for many years. Great choice if your'e not concerned about a big name brand..