Anyone got any info on Cycles CNC circa 1950's France?

the flyingwheel

Mar 20, 2011
I have a 1951 Cycles CNC road bike, with a Campagnolo Paris Roubaix rear derailleur, I would like to restore it, but can't find any reference to remake the original transfers.
Any help would be good.
Thanks.

Contact CYCLART (www.cyclart.com) ... expect to pay $40(US)+.

It will probably be beneficial if you have a picture of the bike which shows any of the original decals (or, the style you want) BEFORE you strip the paint ...

BTW. It is MY impression that the paint on French frames (at least, the ones which I have had) is usually thinner & more indifferently applied than the paint you will find on vintage English, Italian, American, or Japanese bikes.

Hi, thanks for posting those photo's, I would say that the yellow bike in the last photo looks to have the right period transfers.
You don't happen to also have a photo of the CNC logo from the head or seat tube?
After seeing your photo's I got motivated to get on and get this one ready for the road, so have just come in from the garage after removing most of the paint, should be back pedaling my way into gear before long.
Thanks again

The bike didn't have any original transfers left, only the 1970's ones that the original owner applied when he rebuilt the bike during that time.
I agree, most of the French bikes I have seen from the 50's-70's are a little indifferent, although nearly all of the better Bertins I have seen from the 50's-60's have been very nicely finished, and I know that they enjoyed a great deal of praise from the best riders in New Zealand during that time.
Infact they where much preferred to the Legnano, which was the other widely raced bike in New Zealand at that time.

Originally Posted by the flyingwheel .

Hi, thanks for posting those photo's, I would say that the yellow bike in the last photo looks to have the right period transfers.
You don't happen to also have a photo of the CNC logo from the head or seat tube?
After seeing your photo's I got motivated to get on and get this one ready for the road, so have just come in from the garage after removing most of the paint, should be back pedaling my way into gear before long.
Thanks again
Sorry, you got all that I have. If memory serves me right concerning the yellow one, I don't remember seeing any kind of head badge and the seat tube just had a contrasting color band around it.