Anyone got the Cateye EL530?

spindrift wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/yklm2u
>
> £50 I think.
>
> I like, combined with this:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yklm2u

40 quid or less in some other places.

It has had generally good reviews on the audax list. I was about to
reccommend it to a friend for a long country commute, but was holding
off till I'd seen other reviews.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> spindrift wrote:
> > http://tinyurl.com/yklm2u
> >
> > £50 I think.
> >
> > I like, combined with this:
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/yklm2u

> 40 quid or less in some other places.
>
> It has had generally good reviews on the audax list. I was about to
> reccommend it to a friend for a long country commute, but was holding
> off till I'd seen other reviews.
>
> ..d

I've got this:

http://tinyurl.com/yereog

but on tow paths or dark roads it doesn't light the path ahead too well.

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote:

>spindrift wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/yklm2u
>>
>> £50 I think.
>>
>> I like, combined with this:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/yklm2u

>40 quid or less in some other places.
>
>It has had generally good reviews on the audax list. I was about to
>reccommend it to a friend for a long country commute, but was holding
>off till I'd seen other reviews.

The EL530 is about £50 and 50% brighter than the EL520 which is about
£40. Both have quite a narrow beam and project a spot on the road
ahead; no good for night off-road stuff.

I pulled back from purchasing one and will continue with my halogen
set-up for a little longer.

Mike.

Mike Pannell
WWW http://home.clara.co.uk/montemike