Anyone had surgery for ac joint seperation?

prairiegirl

Sep 28, 2010
Hello-I'm new to the forum. I crashed badly in April on my road bike while training for racing season. I broke my collarbone, and separated my ac joint. Six months after the accident, and having had a plate and 6 screws placed on the fractured collarbone, I am facing surgery for the ac joint to regain stability, and reduce pain. Has anyone had a modified Weaver-Dunn procedure, and what kind of success have you experienced? Check out the picture below: a prairie dog jumped through my spokes causing me to flip.....

Welcome to cycling forums. I never had the Weaver-Dunn procedure but I have separated my AC joint when I crashed last October. Very painful injury and to be in pain six months later must be difficult. On the bright side thank God you are Prairiegirl and not Prairie dog looks like he didnt make it.

Originally Posted by prairiegirl .

Hello-I'm new to the forum. I crashed badly in April on my road bike while training for racing season. I broke my collarbone, and separated my ac joint. Six months after the accident, and having had a plate and 6 screws placed on the fractured collarbone, I am facing surgery for the ac joint to regain stability, and reduce pain. Has anyone had a modified Weaver-Dunn procedure, and what kind of success have you experienced? Check out the picture below: a prairie dog jumped through my spokes causing me to flip.....

Never had surgery on my ac joint but have had surgery on my glenohumeral joint because my shoulder would dislocate on a daily basis following an accident. I had a problem a few weeks after surgery because my tendons and muscles were tightend following the surgery and I ruptured my biceps tendon while lifting something. I'm not sure if you would have that same risk with an ac joint surgery. Just a heads up and good luck.