Anyone have a hirez image of JOE KOCHANOWSKI???

Jeff Potter

Guest
I'm almost ready to go to press with the new edition of "The Recumbent Bicycle." Whew!

I'm still missing something.

---A photo of Jumpin Joe!

It seems neither he nor his pals are very wired despite looking like they are just that.

No one can get a print-quality scan to me!!!

You know the kind of photo I want---one of hero Joe wearing his infamous welder's gloves riding a
Mayhem Mobile.

Please if you have such a scan, please email it to me at the demunged: jp "at" outyourbackdoor.com.

THANKS! You'll get photo credits in the only all-bent book in English!

And with this new edition I'm going to really step up sales and get the book into the nation's
bookstores and lots more bikeshops, too.

--

Jeff Potter
****

I'm afeerd that no photos of the Real Joe were taken at Battle Mt. He had an actually tidy bike
there. No welder's gloves in sight. (Altho he did put in a great report to BROL about dumpsterdiving
while he was there.) No, I need a photo of the Real Joe and all he represents, as in:

http://www.outsideconnection.com/gallant/hpv/joe/

This is truly the mighty kingdom of Joe. But it's all lo-rez! Aargh! That website owner hasn't
replied yet via email. None of those guys have nuthin I can use or they don't use email even if they
have big websites. Sheesh!

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself
culture... ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...rare books on ski,
bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels
coming up! ...original downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten
Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Jeff Potter <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> This is truly the mighty kingdom of Joe. But it's all lo-rez! Aargh! That website owner hasn't
> replied yet via email. None of those guys have nuthin I can use or they don't use email even if
> they have big websites. Sheesh!

http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/joekoch/pages/zach004.htm isn't good enough??

If you want a 1200 x 1600 image, I can pull it from my files.

Jeff (other Jeff)

Jeff Wills wrote:

> http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/joekoch/pages/zach004.htm isn't good enough??
>
> If you want a 1200 x 1600 image, I can pull it from my files.

Nope, that one doesn't capture Jumpin Joe at all. Well, a TEENSY bit. There are so many great
full-on Joe images out there. I just need one at hi-rez. Have anything more in your files? This is
going down to the wire! I need one with Joe in headgear, welder gloves, and wild rickety bike.

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself
culture... ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...rare books on ski,
bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller about smalltown smuggling ... more radical novels
coming up! ...original downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national "Off the Beaten
Path" travel forums! HOLY SMOKES!

Jeff Potter <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Jeff Wills wrote:
>
> > http://www.ohpv.org/pir2003/joekoch/pages/zach004.htm isn't good enough??
> >
> > If you want a 1200 x 1600 image, I can pull it from my files.
>
> Nope, that one doesn't capture Jumpin Joe at all. Well, a TEENSY bit. There are so many great
> full-on Joe images out there. I just need one at hi-rez. Have anything more in your files? This is
> going down to the wire! I need one with Joe in headgear, welder gloves, and wild rickety bike.

That particular album is pretty much all *I* have of Joe.

Jeff