Anyone have a source for a nice Brass Presta Chuck for my shop air compressor?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joand'Arcroast, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    that rear cassette- yoiks!]

    snake /\/\/¨

    Tags:

  2. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in
    news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]:

    > Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    > gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    > that rear cassette- yoiks!]
    >
    > snake /\/\/¨

    One of 2 solutions I've come up with for this is to buy a replacement hose for a floor pump, and
    adapt it to the compressor hose. (Not exactly what you asked for, well, not brass.)When I worked in
    bike shops, I saw two different versions of an ordinary "blow gun" with a small piece of tubing
    soldered onto one of those big Silca presta adapters. I've wanted to build one for my compressor,
    but can't even find the big adapters anymore. rorschandt

  3. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

    JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in
    news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]:

    > Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    > gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    > that rear cassette- yoiks!]
    >
    > snake /\/\/¨

    One of 2 solutions I've come up with for this is to buy a replacement hose for a floor pump, and
    adapt it to the compressor hose. (Not exactly what you asked for, well, not brass.)When I worked in
    bike shops, I saw two different versions of an ordinary "blow gun" with a small piece of tubing
    soldered onto one of those big Silca presta adapters. I've wanted to build one for my compressor,
    but can't even find the big adapters anymore. rorschandt

  4. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  5. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  6. Rfan

    Rfan Guest

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11443

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11442

    Heres are two Silca brass presta chucks that Performance Bike sells, and here's a hand trigger
    inflater that you can use with the chucks if you're willing to adapt the rubber hose to them.

    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41891

    RFan

    "JoanD'arcRoast" <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]...
    > Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    > gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    > that rear cassette- yoiks!]
    >
    > snake /\/\/¨

  7. Rfan

    Rfan Guest

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11443

    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11442

    Heres are two Silca brass presta chucks that Performance Bike sells, and here's a hand trigger
    inflater that you can use with the chucks if you're willing to adapt the rubber hose to them.

    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41891

    RFan

    "JoanD'arcRoast" <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]...
    > Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    > gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    > that rear cassette- yoiks!]
    >
    > snake /\/\/¨

  8. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]>...
    > Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    > gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    > that rear cassette- yoiks!]
    >
    > snake /\/\/¨

    Joanie- Bike Tools Etc. http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi has Presta chucks for compressors on
    the shelf. Here's the item: http://tinyurl.com/4i62

    Jeff

  9. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]>...
    > Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
    > gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
    > that rear cassette- yoiks!]
    >
    > snake /\/\/¨

    Joanie- Bike Tools Etc. http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi has Presta chucks for compressors on
    the shelf. Here's the item: http://tinyurl.com/4i62

    Jeff

  10. Thanks to all for the pointers! /\/\/¨