Anyone have a source for a nice Brass Presta Chuck for my shop air compressor?

Joand'Arcroast

Guest
Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
that rear cassette- yoiks!]

snake /\/\/¨

JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in
news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]:

> Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
> gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
> that rear cassette- yoiks!]
>
> snake /\/\/¨

One of 2 solutions I've come up with for this is to buy a replacement hose for a floor pump, and
adapt it to the compressor hose. (Not exactly what you asked for, well, not brass.)When I worked in
bike shops, I saw two different versions of an ordinary "blow gun" with a small piece of tubing
soldered onto one of those big Silca presta adapters. I've wanted to build one for my compressor,
but can't even find the big adapters anymore. rorschandt

JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in
news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]:

> Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
> gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
> that rear cassette- yoiks!]
>
> snake /\/\/¨

One of 2 solutions I've come up with for this is to buy a replacement hose for a floor pump, and
adapt it to the compressor hose. (Not exactly what you asked for, well, not brass.)When I worked in
bike shops, I saw two different versions of an ordinary "blow gun" with a small piece of tubing
soldered onto one of those big Silca presta adapters. I've wanted to build one for my compressor,
but can't even find the big adapters anymore. rorschandt

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11443

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11442

Heres are two Silca brass presta chucks that Performance Bike sells, and here's a hand trigger
inflater that you can use with the chucks if you're willing to adapt the rubber hose to them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41891

RFan

"JoanD'arcRoast" <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]...
> Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
> gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
> that rear cassette- yoiks!]
>
> snake /\/\/¨

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11443

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.html?SKU=11442

Heres are two Silca brass presta chucks that Performance Bike sells, and here's a hand trigger
inflater that you can use with the chucks if you're willing to adapt the rubber hose to them.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41891

RFan

"JoanD'arcRoast" <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
news:150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]...
> Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
> gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
> that rear cassette- yoiks!]
>
> snake /\/\/¨

JoanD'arcRoast <JoanD'[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<150120031323563734%JoanD'[email protected]>...
> Decent chucks abound for Shraeder [sp?] valves. It's annoying to use the adaptor because my tire
> gauge is Presta... All the time with the on, off, routine [and watchout yer arthritic knuckles on
> that rear cassette- yoiks!]
>
> snake /\/\/¨

Joanie- Bike Tools Etc. http://www.biketoolsetc.com/index.cgi has Presta chucks for compressors on
the shelf. Here's the item: http://tinyurl.com/4i62