Road Cycling · Public discussion

Anyone Have An Extra Cateye Model "C" Wheel Magnet

Started by Steve Sr. · · Last activity · 3 posts · 457 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
15 February 2008
Last activity
18 February 2008
Original author
Steve Sr.
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
457
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    I just built up an extra set of wheels and am in need of an extra
    wheel magnet to work with my cyclometer. The existing wheel has a
    Cateye model "C" magnet on it and I would like to find another just
    like it for the extra wheel. This way I won't have to futz with the
    pickup when changing wheels.

    I don't like Cateye's new style of wheel magnets because they are too
    easy to knock out of adjustment. The model "C" is the one that clam
    shell wraps around 2 spokes near the hub and is held together with a
    single screw through the middle. It also says "Model C" on the side of
    the magnet. I have already tried to get one of these from Cateye but
    apparently they aren't made any more.

    If any of you happen to have one rattling around in your junk box to
    spare let me know and we'll work something out. My email address is:

    slund348 "at" pobox "dot" com <- Some reassembly required!

    Thanks,

    Steve

  2. Steve Sr. said:

    Hello,

    I just built up an extra set of wheels and am in need of an extra
    wheel magnet to work with my cyclometer. The existing wheel has a
    Cateye model "C" magnet on it and I would like to find another just
    like it for the extra wheel.

    Do you really need a "Cateye" magnet? I have used many Cateyes over
    the years and almost any magnet will work with their sensors. Having a
    few wheelsets, I like "generic" magnets such as a small neodymium
    disk - which works fine and is strong enough that sensor proximity is
    less of an issue. It's pretty easy to make a magnet "holder" with
    creative use of electrical or similar tape to suspend it between two
    spokes. My magnets are all near the hub- one near the rim may be a
    little more awkward to rig but I'm sure it can still be done.

    DR

  3. Steve Sr. said:

    Hello,

    I just built up an extra set of wheels and am in need of an extra
    wheel magnet to work with my cyclometer. The existing wheel has a
    Cateye model "C" magnet on it and I would like to find another just
    like it for the extra wheel. This way I won't have to futz with the
    pickup when changing wheels.

    I don't like Cateye's new style of wheel magnets because they are too
    easy to knock out of adjustment. The model "C" is the one that clam
    shell wraps around 2 spokes near the hub and is held together with a
    single screw through the middle. It also says "Model C" on the side of
    the magnet. I have already tried to get one of these from Cateye but
    apparently they aren't made any more.

    If any of you happen to have one rattling around in your junk box to
    spare let me know and we'll work something out. My email address is:

    slund348 "at" pobox "dot" com <- Some reassembly required!

    Thanks,

    Steve

    steve, try ebay. you can probably get it for a couple of bucks there
    carlos
    http://www.bikingthings.com

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.