Anyone Have An Extra Cateye Model "C" Wheel Magnet

Steve Sr.

Guest
Hello,

I just built up an extra set of wheels and am in need of an extra
wheel magnet to work with my cyclometer. The existing wheel has a
Cateye model "C" magnet on it and I would like to find another just
like it for the extra wheel. This way I won't have to futz with the
pickup when changing wheels.

I don't like Cateye's new style of wheel magnets because they are too
easy to knock out of adjustment. The model "C" is the one that clam
shell wraps around 2 spokes near the hub and is held together with a
single screw through the middle. It also says "Model C" on the side of
the magnet. I have already tried to get one of these from Cateye but
apparently they aren't made any more.

If any of you happen to have one rattling around in your junk box to
spare let me know and we'll work something out. My email address is:

slund348 "at" pobox "dot" com <- Some reassembly required!

Thanks,

Steve

On Feb 14, 5:56 pm, Steve Sr. <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just built up an extra set of wheels and am in need of an extra
> wheel magnet to work with my cyclometer. The existing wheel has a
> Cateye model "C" magnet on it and I would like to find another just
> like it for the extra wheel.

Do you really need a "Cateye" magnet? I have used many Cateyes over
the years and almost any magnet will work with their sensors. Having a
few wheelsets, I like "generic" magnets such as a small neodymium
disk - which works fine and is strong enough that sensor proximity is
less of an issue. It's pretty easy to make a magnet "holder" with
creative use of electrical or similar tape to suspend it between two
spokes. My magnets are all near the hub- one near the rim may be a
little more awkward to rig but I'm sure it can still be done.

DR

On Feb 14, 7:56 pm, Steve Sr. <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just built up an extra set of wheels and am in need of an extra
> wheel magnet to work with my cyclometer. The existing wheel has a
> Cateye model "C" magnet on it and I would like to find another just
> like it for the extra wheel. This way I won't have to futz with the
> pickup when changing wheels.
>
> I don't like Cateye's new style of wheel magnets because they are too
> easy to knock out of adjustment. The model "C" is the one that clam
> shell wraps around 2 spokes near the hub and is held together with a
> single screw through the middle. It also says "Model C" on the side of
> the magnet. I have already tried to get one of these from Cateye but
> apparently they aren't made any more.
>
> If any of you happen to have one rattling around in your junk box to
> spare let me know and we'll work something out. My email address is:
>
> slund348 "at" pobox "dot" com <- Some reassembly required!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

steve, try ebay. you can probably get it for a couple of bucks there
carlos
http://www.bikingthings.com