Anyone have any good results from Polar products?

sevenrider310 said:
Im thinking about buying the s725...any problems? or praises?
If you do the odd run from time to time buy the S625X which comes std. with a foot pod to tell pace,speed and distance when running and then buy seperate speed and cadence sensors for the bike

sevenrider310 said:
Unless you need to see the data on your phone, who not get a 720, which is cheaper, and in every important respect the same monitor?

I love my 720

sevenrider310 said:
Unless you need to see the data on your phone, who not get a 720, which is cheaper, and in every important respect the same monitor?

I love my 720

jon_stewart said:

I love my 720

Aye, on both counts. As far as I could tell the 725 is a 720 with the ability to upload the data to a cell phone. I'm sure someone, somewhere would find that to be useful but I sure don't.

I just bought my 720 a week ago and it's already paying off. Watching my HR has made me back off on the flats and I have loads more lung and leg left for the hills. Being able to look at the ride afterwards and compare the same route week over week on the PC are handy too. Easy to see if the work is paying off.

Dean

jon_stewart said:

I love my 720

There is one HUGE upgrade to the 725 I found out...the hear rate strap is a million times more comfy...its the new mesh type ...I think for that alone its worth it...I dont know anyone who uses it to downloaded to their Nokia..lol

sevenrider310 said:
There is one HUGE upgrade to the 725 I found out...the hear rate strap is a million times more comfy...its the new mesh type ...I think for that alone its worth it...I dont know anyone who uses it to downloaded to their Nokia..lol

I'm pretty sure you can use the new strap with the 720 (Polar's web site says they're compatible), it just doesn't come bundled.

Dean

DeanC said:
I'm pretty sure you can use the new strap with the 720 (Polar's web site says they're compatible), it just doesn't come bundled.

Dean

You cant..cause of Owncode....each strap is coded for unit...

sevenrider310 said:
I purchased the S725 one month ago, and I think is an amazing piece of work. No complaints so far, except for the low alarm-beep signal, and not being able to use the alarm while storing bike info (speed, cadence, ...).

But everything works as expected (even the altimeter), and the software bundled is amazing.

Regarding the strap with Owncode, it's NOT true that the strap is coded for the unit. I own the S725 and another Polar, a M51, and I can exchange straps. When the receiver starts listening, it identifies the nearest strap and codifies its signal, to avoid interferences with another straps.

The new wearlink strap is comfortable. The only complaint I have is that it doesn't work properly under water, so I have to use my other strap (the one that came with the M51) to swim.

By the way, this is my first post in this incredible forum (I've been reading it for some days). Greetings to everybody.

brutrak

sevenrider310 said:
**** Sorry****

I've just copied Brutrak's reply!

'Great minds think alike.....then again, fools seldom differ!'

I don't think thats correct... what happens when you buy a replacement belt, which is also coded?

I have a T31 coded and T61 coded belt. Both work with the 720 and M51 I own.

Also, if the coded belts do not detect a polar hrm when they first start, they send out an uncoded signal that any other device can pick up.

Although I've not found any information on the polar site, I think there might be limited 2 way communication between the belt and the watch. I also think it's a nonsense that you couldn't buy the more comfortable belt to use with a 720, if you so desired...I have no problem with the existing belts

Cheers

sevenrider310 said:
the own code actually applies to when the polar first starts up. the watch checks the signal with the strap and makes sure that it only takes information from the id of the strap it initally linked to, this stops it from getting interference from other users. A big help when you get a bunch of you with HRM.

On the question of comfort, i have the older strap and its fine.

Isn't the other difference between the 725 and 720 is that the 725 can display your HR as a % of max?
Anyway, I have a 725 and love it. I just have to get an IR interface so I can get my damn data onto the pc to plot some graphs. :D

Lou.

I have the A3 sorry it isn't the model you are looking at, but product wise similar. My HRM is VERY reliable. Polar is a solid company

upstateSC-rider said:
Isn't the other difference between the 725 and 720 is that the 725 can display your HR as a % of max?
Anyway, I have a 725 and love it. I just have to get an IR interface so I can get my damn data onto the pc to plot some graphs. :D

Lou.

720 does too. Hold down bottom right button until it changes.

HTH,
Chris

sevenrider310 said:
Love my Polar - it's great to have all that data integrated together. Do you really need it? Probably not, but it's a nice toy and I definitely get some motivation from filling up the training calender.

upstateSC-rider said:

Lou.
I think that may be right about the % hr.

BTW, my recommendation would be not to buy a polar IR interface. There seem to be rather a lot of problems with them particular with XP and W2k setups (I have 5 such, and it doesn't work with any of them!)

jon_stewart said:

BTW, my recommendation would be not to buy a polar IR interface. There seem to be rather a lot of problems with them particular with XP and W2k setups (I have 5 such, and it doesn't work with any of them!)
Hrm. I bought one with my 720 a couple of weeks ago because my old Latitude CS has no IR port and it works fine with the 2k install have on it. I *did* to install the software first to get the drivers to load correctly.

Dean

jon_stewart said:

%hr of max is a pretty std polar feature, should be on both.

I also have the Polar IR port since my computer didn't have an IR port. Works great, but I did read mention of needing a new version of the Polar IR hardware for it to be able to work with WinXP.

KakenBetaal said:
%hr of max is a pretty std polar feature, should be on both.

I also have the Polar IR port since my computer didn't have an IR port. Works great, but I did read mention of needing a new version of the Polar IR hardware for it to be able to work with WinXP.
Thanks to DeanC as well. I think I might contact Polar and see what their exchange policy is like.

My USB IR interface works fine with all of my XP setups. I have 4 and it works with every one of them. I think it may be an issue with newer hardware and I was lucky and received a newer one.

Highly recommend the 720i.