Anyone have any Oval Concepts equipment?

kyperman

Aug 27, 2004
I am thinking of buying a new seatpost, anyone have any experience with Oval Concepts.

Also, Carbon or not? Yea or ney..

I HAVE ONE: Just rode my Kestrel Evoke for the first time yesterday (Friday, April 27, 2007). It has an Oval Concepts seatpost... Designers at Kestrel must have been hitting the bourbon hard the night they figured to put a 32.4 seatpost on their smooth ride (I am sure Kestrel exceutives will dump all over me once they finish figuring out how to get a 3260.6 seatpost on their bike for '08... I heard that they are using a carbon fiber telephone pole with titanium plated steel shims [cut from a highway guardrail] ).

Seriously though, what size post are you thinking of getting? It's for a road bike, right? I would like to jetison this one for a Thomson Elite, but I will need shims. Not sure I want to do the whole "shim thing"...

POST REVIEW SO FAR: Friday's first ride was for 81.79 miles. Today I did a club ride and then went solo for a daily total of 64.75. I haven't heard a creak out of the post and/or seat tube when sitting back on the saddle from an out of the saddle riding position (I have purposely tried to hear something... anything... Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?). By the way, I am using a Selle Italia SLR saddle (165g) and it too has been passing the test. The post has held the saddle and it's own position without failure, unfortunately I don't have a 100 rides on it. As a newbie owner of the seatpost and a cyclist since 1983, I will give it a 4 out of 5. Although, I do want either a lighter post or one easier to adjust (It uses two allen bolts to secure the post to the seat rails instead of one). I have great photos of the post at just about every angle. If you want to see them or if can help out in any other way, let me know.

Best Regards,
CJ

2007 Mileage: 2060.45 (as of April 28, 2007)
Total Rides: 36
Century Rides: 4

Century-And-A-Half Rides: 1