anyone have info on

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anglea Woollcom, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
    and info about the diet. i am looking for info for my mother. she wants to start it after the
    holidays. i tried the web but couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find
    something out here

    thanks angie

    Tags:

  2. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:07:04 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
    >and info about the diet. i am looking for info for my mother. she wants to start it after the
    >holidays. i tried the web but couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find
    >something out here

    Take a look on google ("no sugar" "no flour" diet). It looks like there are lots of references to
    low-carb and ibd diets. But I also found this in an article...
    ---------------------
    To give you related information, I am sending you a copy of my Health Report "Losing Weight" which
    includes my "no flour, no sugar" diet. Other readers who would like a copy should send a long, self-
    addressed, stamped envelope and $2 to Newsletter, P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, OH 44092. Be sure to
    mention the title.
    --------------------

    Can you tell us WHY you are looking for this diet?

    Ray

    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

  3. I have no answer for you but am curious what others come up, with. Have a
    great year, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
    > and info about the diet. i am looking for
    info
    > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
    but
    > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    >
    > thanks angie

  4. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything WHITE in your diet, you will be
    healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No flour or sugar in any way
    shape or form. Yikes, strict!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
    > and info about the diet. i am looking for
    info
    > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
    but
    > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    >
    > thanks angie

  5. Celtic Gal \

    Celtic Gal \ Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_01DA_01C3D16B.EC549D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Hi Angie, Jenny has a heap of info on her site. Just click the link below and then go to "home" and
    check out all her = other pages. Best of luck finding some good info. P.S. Below is an example of
    what is = on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind me copying from her site....) =
    <G>.Vanessa :)

    http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes A
    Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation Cutting your carbs, radically, is a
    controversial but effective strategy = that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using to
    keep their = blood sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on medication.=20

    There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 grams = a day will make a radical
    decrease in the blood sugar levels of almost = everyone who can stick with a low carb diet for a
    couple weeks.=20

    If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known? If you mention the topic to friends or
    even some medical professionals = you are likely to hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys,
    raise = your cholesterol and damage your health in every way possible.=20

    Is this true?=20

    For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20

    Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys? The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys
    were = done not only with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, high = carbohydrate diet. If
    you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that it is = the high glucose levels caused by a high
    carbohydrate diet that damages = kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system) not the
    protein = itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to those of us = who keep our
    dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20

    Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." Think of = it this way: if you eat a
    hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a side = order of fries while I eat the meat patty, no bun, no
    fries and a salad = with blue cheese dressing, we're eating the same amount of protein. But = I'm
    eating a low carb meal that will not raise my blood sugar, even = without medication, while your
    meal is high enough in carbohydrates that = it would drive my blood sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am I
    on a "dangerous = high protein" diet compared to you? No. Yet the same dieticians who = prescribe 75
    grams a meal to diabetics would consider the burger and bun = to be a healthier diet choice!=20

    Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence that = very low carb diet may
    reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's experience healing kidney disease with a
    low carb diet, read = this newsgroup posting: Aramanth Dawes' Story=20

    Ga. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic since = the 1940s also reports
    reversing his own early diabetic kidney disease = and that of many patients through the use of a
    low carb diet. He = explains the science behind how this can happen in his excellent bookDr. =
    Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. It has just come out in a second, revised = edition=20

    Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol? A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat,
    which is why people = have assumed that these high fat levels must lead to damaging increases = in
    cholesterol. But this is a false conclusion.=20

    Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate diet = raised cholesterol levels
    were done with diets containing levels of = carbohydrate of 150 grams a day--which is high enough to
    raise blood = sugar to damaging levels and much higher than the carb levels that you = must adopt to
    control blood sugar.=20

    Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate diet = have shown that when a
    high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate levels, cholesterol generally goes down or
    stays the same, = and triglycerides, which are implicated in heart disease often improve =
    significantly.=20

    To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of Low = Carb diets on health, visit
    this web page: = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

    Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate diet doctors have been
    recommending for decades appears to = cause liver inflammation.
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483=20

    Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets? Almost all medical research in today's world is
    sponsored by drug = companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects of
    drugs on various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more expensive drugs than just about
    any other group in the population, = there is very little motivation for drug companies to study non-
    drug = based intervention strategies that might keep people from needing their = drugs.=20

    In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin quick" = diet doctors of the type who
    appear in infomercials. These people are = viewed as "snake oil salesmen" by much of the public and
    have very poor = reputations in the medical community. These doctors never submitted = well-
    documented research to peer reviewed journals despite their claims = that they had helped "hundreds
    of thousands" of patients. As a result, = few legitimate researchers would associate themselves with
    low carbing.=20

    It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at Duke = University, Ohio State,
    Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein Medical School have been published in the last
    few years, all = reinforcing the once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have major = health
    benefits. You can find these studies at = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

    How Does Diabetes Cause Damage? What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high blood
    = sugar levels--particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20

    What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level? Many practicing doctors still tell patients that any blood
    sugar level = under 200 mg/dl after meals is fine. Unfortunately, when such standards = are used by
    the time most patients are diagnosed with diabetes, they = have already suffered significant
    diabetic complications. Even worse, = patients whose blood sugar routinely rises to 200 mg/dl or
    whose HBa1c = tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar level, is above 8% = deteriorate over
    time, continue to develop more and more "diabetic = complications." Indeed, these complications
    occur to patients whose = blood sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and =
    whose HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of control.=20 What are "Diabetic Complications"?
    The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to describe = the ugly things that
    happen to people whose blood sugar is out of = control. What it really means is "blindness,
    amputation, and death".=20

    High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and pain, eventually the
    limbs become numb and fair to heal = from small injuries that become infected and eventually turn
    gangrenous. =

    High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people with = long standing diabetes often
    go blind.=20

    High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. That's = why long term diabetics
    end up on dialysis.=20

    And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks far = more frequently than other
    people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely understood.=20

    To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high levels = of glucose are toxic to the
    beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the body uses to bring the high blood sugar
    levels back down. = This ugly feedback loop that means that the higher your blood sugar, the = less
    you are able to bring it down.=20

    Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take
    comfort from the = fact, shown by research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your = body,
    lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20

    A famous ten year study by the NIH summarized here found that people = with type I diabetes could
    avoid complications by keeping their blood = sugar under what they called "good control." If you
    read the summary you = may still come away saying, "But too many of these patients still = developed
    complications despite their good control."=20

    That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar level = the NIH study defined as
    "good control", 8%, was far higher than the = level that is now being recommended to people with
    Type II diabetes. = This gives hope that using great control as opposed to good control may =
    prevent far more complications.=20

    How High is Too High In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat diabetes = for a
    living that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant period of time do
    this damage. Read the details in this = article: Endocrinologists Recommend Lower Diabetes
    Screening Levels=20

    An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by the = American Diabetes
    Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar levels that correspond with very low
    heart disease risk. Click = here to read it.=20

    The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level will = not spike above 140 mg/dl
    one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two hours = after a meal. They also say that fasting and pre-
    meal blood sugar levels = should be under 110 mg/dl. click here for a PDF chart containing this =
    data. This is very conservative, but these levels are still much lower = than those many doctors
    suggest to their diabetic patients.=20

    The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the recommended = level for the hb1ac test is
    now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good = control" in the NIH study was 8.0%.) However, the level
    recommended as = truly normal by Dr. Richard Bernstein and validated by the American = Diabetes
    Association heart disease study is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains that truly normal people--not
    those already well on the way to = diabetes who are too often mixed into the statistical groups in
    these = studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what they = eat or when they
    test. He recommends that people with diabetes who want = to avoid complications shoot for this
    number. (He is using blood plasma = values which is important to note if your meter gives you a
    choice. They = are lower than the "whole blood" levels many meters use.)=20

    But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once they are = given the tools, can
    and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels, often with nothing more than changes in
    their diet.=20

    So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down? If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in
    the 500s or an = hb1ac of 12.0, you may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But there's
    no reason to despair. The good news is that you can lower = your blood sugar to these levels within
    a few weeks or months.=20

    The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not handle = more than 10 to 15 grams of
    carbohydrates at one meal without causing = our blood sugar to spike too high.=20

    You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in a = typical meal when you eat it,
    then use your blood sugar meter to test = your blood sugar one and two hours later. Then eat a meal
    with only 12 = grams of carbs way down three hours later and repeat your hourly = testing. You
    should see a significant difference between your readings. = If you cut your carbs to 12 grams or
    less for every meal and snack for a = week or two you should start seeing a dramatic lowering of
    your post = meal and fasting blood sugar.=20

    If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, download = this excellent piece of
    shareware LifeForm. It's shareware. Or use = http://www.fitday.com an online nutrition counting
    web site.=20

    Medications and Low Carbing If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas to =
    produce more insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to cut = your carbs down very low
    because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system, these drugs can cause harmful hypos.=20

    Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work on = your cell's insulin
    resistance, should not cause problems if you are low = carbing.=20

    Jennifer's Advice to Newbies New visitors to the alt.support.diabetes newsgroup have long been =
    greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which has = proven extremely helpful to
    many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself: Jennifer's Smart Advice=20

    If you want to learn more about how to test and control your diabetes, = Gretchen Becker's book,
    Type II Diabetes: The First Year is a great = place to start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s Doctor
    Bernstein's = Diabetes Solution. Both are available via Amazon. If you want to learn = more about
    low carb dieting, I recommend Protein Power by the Eades. It = has excellent scientific explanations
    and the charts of foods and their = carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need to read
    up on = the mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a = lot more to it than
    can be explained on any single web page.=20

    As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of useful = information in the alt.support.diet.low-
    carb newsgroup. Use Google = Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have been posted in
    = the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings about the = many foods with "hidden
    carbs" that cause unexpected blood sugar spikes. =

    EMAIL Jenny - cut the carbs from the address to contact me!=20

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... i am looking for a website that has info on
    no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking for =
    info for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the = web but couldn't find
    any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here

    thanks angie

    ------=_NextPart_000_01DA_01C3D16B.EC549D60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <H><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <I><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info on her=20 site.</FONT></DIV>
    <J><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below and = then go to=20 "home" and check
    out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
    <K><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some good = info. P.S.=20 Below is an
    example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind me = copying=20 from her site....)
    <G>.</FONT></DIV>
    <L><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
    <M><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
    <N>
    <O><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
    <O1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20 color=3D#0000ff=20
    size=3D2>http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm</FONT></A><= /H1>
    <O2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
    <O3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation</H2>
    <P>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective = strategy that=20 increasing
    numbers of people with diabetes are using to keep their blood = sugar=20 levels within normal
    ranges without relying on medication.=20
    <Q>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 = grams a=20 day will make a
    radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of almost = everyone=20 who can stick with a low carb
    diet for a couple weeks.=20
    <Q1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known?</H3>
    <R>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals you=20 are likely to
    hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, raise your =

    cholesterol and damage your health in every way possible.=20
    <S>Is this true?=20
    <T>For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20
    <T1>Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys?</H3>
    <U>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys were = done not=20 only with a
    high protein, diet but with a high protein, <B>high = carbohydrate=20 diet</B>. If you accept Dr.
    Bernstein's contention that it is the high = glucose=20 levels caused by a high carbohydrate diet
    that damages kidneys (and = eyes, and=20 the peripheral vascular system) not the protein itself,
    you can see why = these=20 studies are not relevant to those of us who keep our dietary =
    carbohydrate to=20 extremely low levels.=20
    <V>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." Think = of it=20 this way: if you
    eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a side = order of=20 fries while I eat the meat
    patty, no bun, no fries and a salad with blue = cheese=20 dressing, we're eating the same amount
    of protein. But I'm eating a low = carb=20 meal that will not raise my blood sugar, even without
    medication, while = your=20 meal is high enough in carbohydrates that it would drive my blood
    sugar = well=20 over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a "dangerous high protein" diet compared to you? = No.
    Yet=20 the same dieticians who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would = consider=20 the
    burger and bun to be a healthier diet choice!=20
    <W>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that very=20 low carb diet
    may reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's=20 experience healing kidney
    disease with a low carb diet, read this = newsgroup=20 posting: <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.google.com/groups?q=3Dinsubject:kidney+author:aramanth= &hl=3Den&lr=3Dlang_en&ie=3DUTF-
    8&safe=3Doff&selm=3D38=
    qfescar7ieb196i2n21fh0mgsjp16l36%404ax.com&rnum=3D3">Aramanth=20 Dawes' Story</A>=20
    <W>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the=20 1940s also
    reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney disease and = that of=20 many patients
    through the use of a low carb diet. He explains the = science behind=20 how this can happen
    in his excellent book<A=20 href=3D"http://www.diabetes-
    normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr. = Bernstein's=20 Diabetes Solution</A>. It has just
    come out in a second, revised edition =

    <H3>Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol?</H3>
    <I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is why = people have=20 assumed that
    these high fat levels must lead to damaging increases in=20 cholesterol. But this is a false
    conclusion.=20
    <J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate = diet=20 raised cholesterol
    levels were done with diets containing levels of = carbohydrate=20 of 150 grams a day--which is
    high enough to raise blood sugar to = damaging levels=20 and much higher than the carb levels
    that you must adopt to control = blood sugar.=20

    <K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet have=20 shown that when
    a high fat diet is combined with very low carbohydrate = levels,=20 cholesterol generally goes
    down or stays the same, and triglycerides, = which are=20 implicated in heart disease often
    improve significantly.=20
    <L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of Low = Carb=20 diets on health,
    visit this web page: <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate=20 diet doctors have
    been recommending for decades appears to cause liver=20 inflammation. <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483">http://www.medscape.c=
    om/viewarticle/463483</A>=20

    <M1>Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets?</H3>
    <N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by drug = companies.=20 Not so
    coincidentally, this research tends to study the effects of drugs = on=20 various diseases. Since
    people with diabetes consume more expensive = drugs than=20 just about any other group in the
    population, there is very little = motivation=20 for drug companies to study non-drug based
    intervention strategies that = might=20 keep people from needing their drugs.=20
    <O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin quick" = diet=20 doctors of the
    type who appear in infomercials. These people are viewed = as=20 "snake oil salesmen" by much of
    the public and have very poor = reputations in the=20 medical community. These doctors never
    submitted well-documented = research to=20 peer reviewed journals despite their claims that they
    had helped = "hundreds of=20 thousands" of patients. As a result, few legitimate researchers
    would = associate=20 themselves with low carbing.=20
    <P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at = Duke=20 University, Ohio
    State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have been published
    in the last few years, all = reinforcing the=20 once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have
    major health benefits. = You can=20 find these studies at <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <P1>How Does Diabetes Cause Damage?</H3>
    <Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high blood = sugar=20 levels--
    particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20
    <Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing doctors = still=20 tell patients that
    any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl after meals is = fine.=20 Unfortunately, when such
    standards are used by the time most patients = are=20 diagnosed with diabetes, they have already
    suffered significant diabetic =

    complications. Even worse, patients whose blood sugar routinely rises to = 200=20 mg/dl or whose
    HBa1c tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar = level, is=20 above 8% deteriorate over time,
    continue to develop more and more = "diabetic=20 complications." Indeed, these complications occur
    to patients whose = blood sugars=20 are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and whose
    HBa1c's = are at=20
    6.--supposedly good measures of control.=20
    <Q2>What are "Diabetic Complications"?</H3>
    <R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe the=20 ugly things
    that happen to people whose blood sugar is out of control. = What it=20 really means is
    "blindness, amputation, and death".=20
    <S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and=20 pain,
    eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal from small = injuries that=20 become infected
    and eventually turn gangrenous.=20
    <T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people with = long=20 standing diabetes
    often go blind.=20
    <U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's why=20 long term
    diabetics end up on dialysis.=20
    <V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks far = more=20 frequently than
    other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely=20 understood.=20
    <W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of=20 glucose are toxic
    to the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the=20 body uses to bring the high
    blood sugar levels back down. This ugly = feedback=20 loop that means that the higher your blood
    sugar, the less you are able = to bring=20 it down.=20
    <W1>Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications</H3>
    <X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort from the = fact,=20 shown by
    research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your body, =

    lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20
    <Y>A famous ten year study by the NIH <A=20
    href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A> found=20 that
    people with type I diabetes could avoid complications by keeping = their=20 blood sugar under
    what they called "good control." If you read the = summary you=20 may still come away saying,
    "But too many of these patients still = developed=20 complications despite their good
    control."=20
    <Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar level = the NIH=20 study defined
    as "good control", 8%, was far higher than the level that = is now=20 being recommended to people
    with Type II diabetes. This gives hope that = using=20
    <Z>great</I> control as opposed to <I>good </I>control may prevent far = more=20 complications.=20
    <Z1>How High is Too High</H3>
    <Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes for a=20 living that
    blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant=20 period of time do this
    damage. Read the details in this article: <A=20 href=3D"http://www.endo-
    nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower Diabetes Screening
    Levels</A>=20
    <Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by the =

    American Diabetes Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar=20 levels that
    correspond with very low heart disease risk. <A=20
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">Click=20
    here </A>to read it.=20
    <Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level = will not=20 spike above 140
    mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two hours = after a=20 meal. They also say that fasting
    and pre-meal blood sugar levels should = be under=20 110 mg/dl. <A=20
    href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click= here=20 </A>for a PDF
    chart containing this data. This is very conservative, but = these=20 levels are still much lower
    than those many doctors suggest to their = diabetic=20 patients.=20
    <Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the recommended = level=20 for the hb1ac
    test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good control" in = the NIH=20 study was 8.0%.) However,
    the level recommended as truly normal by Dr. = Richard=20 Bernstein and validated by the <A=20
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">American=20
    Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains=20 that truly normal
    people--not those already well on the way to diabetes = who are=20 too often mixed into the
    statistical groups in these studies--maintain a = blood=20 sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what
    they eat or when they test. He = recommends=20 that people with diabetes who want to avoid
    complications shoot for this = number.=20 (He is using blood plasma values which is important to
    note if your = meter gives=20 you a choice. They are lower than the "whole blood" levels many meters
    = use.)=20
    <Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once they = are=20 given the tools,
    can and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels, often=20 with nothing more than
    changes in their diet.=20
    <Z1>So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down?</H3>
    <Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the 500s or = an=20 hb1ac of 12.0, you
    may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But=20 there's no reason to despair. The
    good news is that you can lower your = blood=20 sugar to these levels within a few weeks or
    months.=20
    <Z>
    <Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not handle = more=20 than 10 to 15
    grams of carbohydrates at one meal without causing our = blood sugar=20 to spike too high.=20
    <Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in a = typical=20 meal when you
    eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to test your blood = sugar=20 one and two hours later.
    Then eat a meal with only 12 grams of carbs way = down=20 three hours later and repeat your
    hourly testing. You should see a = significant=20 difference between your readings. If you cut
    your carbs to 12 grams or = less for=20 every meal and snack for a week or two you should start
    seeing a = dramatic=20 lowering of your post meal and fasting blood sugar.=20
    <Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download this=20 excellent
    piece of shareware <A = href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>.=20 It's shareware. Or
    use <A = href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com=20 </A>an online nutrition
    counting web site.=20
    <Z1>Medications and Low Carbing</H3>
    <Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas to = produce=20 more insulin
    you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to cut your = carbs down=20 very low because without
    a huge dose of carbs in your system, these = drugs can=20 cause harmful hypos.=20
    <Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work on = your=20 cell's insulin
    resistance, should not cause problems if you are low = carbing.=20
    <Z1>Jennifer's Advice to Newbies</H3>
    <Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A> newsgroup =
    have long=20 been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which = has=20
    proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself:=20 <A
    href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's Smart Advice</A>=20
    <Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen Becker's
    book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is a=20 great place to start as is Richard
    Bernstein, M.D.'s <I><B>Doctor = Bernstein's=20 Diabetes Solution</I></B>. Both are available via
    Amazon. If you want to = learn=20 more about low carb dieting, I recommend <I><B>Protein
    Power</I></B> by = the=20 Eades. It has excellent scientific explanations and the charts of foods
    = and=20 their carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need to read = up on the=20
    mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a lot = more to it=20 than can be
    explained on any single web page.=20
    <Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful=20 information in the
    <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A> = newsgroup.=20 Use
    Google Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have been = posted=20 in the past.
    There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings about = the many=20 foods with "hidden carbs"
    that cause unexpected blood sugar spikes.=20 <CENTER>
    <Z><A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">EMAIL </A>Jenny - cut = the carbs=20 from the
    address to contact me! </P></CENTER></FONT></DIV></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
    0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:nnDIb.988=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i=20 am looking for a website that has info on no
    sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it needs=20 to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
    = info<BR>for my=20 mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web=20
    but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there again.<BR>hoping = to find=20 something out =
    here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_01DA_01C3D16B.EC549D60--

  6. it is for my mother. she is dieabetic and she wants to give it a try. she
    already has to stop eating sugar but she thought that this would help her to
    lose a few pounds as well. she is trying to watch what she eats and she
    wants to start it n the new yrs
    thanks for the help any other info would be great
    angie
    happy new years guys good luck in the new year
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:07:04 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
    > >and info about the diet. i am looking for
    info
    > >for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
    but
    > >couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    >
    > Take a look on google ("no sugar" "no flour" diet). It looks like there are lots of references to
    > low-carb and ibd diets. But I also found this in an article...
    > ---------------------
    > To give you related information, I am sending you a copy of my Health Report "Losing Weight" which
    > includes my "no flour, no sugar" diet. Other readers who would like a copy should send a long, self-
    > addressed, stamped envelope and $2 to Newsletter, P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, OH 44092. Be sure to
    > mention the title.
    > --------------------
    >
    > Can you tell us WHY you are looking for this diet?
    >
    > Ray
    >
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

  7. but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a
    problem. she has to change her breakfast because she has a slice of toast
    with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a basis for a
    meal plan
    any ideas
    angie
    "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything WHITE
    in
    > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
    > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
    Yikes,
    > strict!
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Kristin O~
    > 272/242.6/172
    >
    > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
    >

    > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
    > > and info about the diet. i am looking for
    > info
    > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
    > but
    > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    > >
    > > thanks angie

  8. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_0462_01C3D104.50285240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    thank you so much i will defenitly check it out. maybe i can even find = some ideas for myself.
    thanks again for the info vanessa angie
    ps anything else would be greatfull

    news:[email protected]... Hi Angie, Jenny has a heap of info on her site. Just click

    ------=_NextPart_000_0462_01C3D104.50285240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you so much i will defenitly = check it out.=20 maybe i can
    even find some ideas for myself.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks again for the info = vanessa</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps anything else would be = greatfull</FONT></DIV>
    <> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
    LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <DIV>"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</=
    A>>=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info on = her=20 site.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below and = then go to=20 "home" and
    check out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some good = info. P.S.=20 Below is an
    example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind = me=20 copying from her site....)
    <G>.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
    <DIZ>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
    <DIZ1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20
    color=3D#0000ff=20
    =
    size=3D2>http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm</FONT></A><= /H1>
    <DIZ2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
    <DIZ3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation</H2>
    <DIZ>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective = strategy=20 that increasing
    numbers of people with diabetes are using to keep = their blood=20 sugar levels within normal
    ranges without relying on medication.=20
    <DIZ>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 = grams a=20 day will make
    a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of almost = everyone=20 who can stick with a low
    carb diet for a couple weeks.=20
    <DIZ1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known?</H3>
    <DIZ>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals you=20 are likely to
    hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, raise = your=20 cholesterol and damage your
    health in every way possible.=20
    <DIZ>Is this true?=20
    <DIZ>For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20
    <DIZ1>Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys?</H3>
    <DIZ>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys = were done=20 not only with
    a high protein, diet but with a high protein, <B>high=20 carbohydrate diet</B>. If you accept
    Dr. Bernstein's contention that = it is the=20 high glucose levels caused by a high
    carbohydrate diet that damages = kidneys=20 (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system)
    not the protein itself, = you can=20 see why these studies are not relevant to those of us
    who keep our = dietary=20 carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20
    <DIZ>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of it=20 this way: if
    you eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a side = order of=20 fries while I eat the
    meat patty, no bun, no fries and a salad with = blue=20 cheese dressing, we're eating the
    same amount of protein. But I'm = eating a low=20 carb meal that will not raise my blood
    sugar, even without medication, = while=20 your meal is high enough in carbohydrates that it
    would drive my blood = sugar=20 well over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a "dangerous high protein" diet
    compared = to you?=20 No. Yet the same dieticians who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics
    = would=20 consider the burger and bun to be a healthier diet choice!=20
    <DIZ>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that very=20 low carb
    diet may reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's=20 experience healing
    kidney disease with a low carb diet, read this = newsgroup=20 posting: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.google.com/groups?q=3Dinsubject:kidney+author:aramanth= &hl=3Den&lr=3Dlang_en&ie=3DUTF-
    8&safe=3Doff&selm=3D38= qfescar7ieb196i2n21fh0mgsjp16l36%404ax.com&rnum=3D3">Aramanth=20
    Dawes' Story</A>=20
    <DIZ>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the=20 1940s also
    reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney disease and = that of=20 many patients
    through the use of a low carb diet. He explains the = science=20 behind how this can
    happen in his excellent book<A=20 href=3D"http://www.diabetes-
    normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr.=20 Bernstein's Diabetes Solution</A>. It has
    just come out in a second, = revised=20 edition=20
    <H3>Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol?</H3>
    <I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is why = people=20 have assumed
    that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in=20 cholesterol. But this is a
    false conclusion.=20
    <J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate = diet=20 raised
    cholesterol levels were done with diets containing levels of=20 carbohydrate of 150 grams a
    day--which is high enough to raise blood = sugar to=20 damaging levels and much higher than
    the carb levels that you must = adopt to=20 control blood sugar.=20
    <K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet=20 have shown that
    when a high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate=20 levels, cholesterol
    generally goes down or stays the same, and = triglycerides,=20 which are implicated in heart
    disease often improve significantly.=20
    <L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of = Low Carb=20 diets on
    health, visit this web page: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate=20 diet doctors
    have been recommending for decades appears to cause liver =

    inflammation. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483">http://www.medscape.c=
    om/viewarticle/463483</A>=20

    <M1>Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets?</H3>
    <N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by drug=20 companies. Not so
    coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects of=20 drugs on various diseases.
    Since people with diabetes consume more = expensive=20 drugs than just about any other group
    in the population, there is very = little=20 motivation for drug companies to study non-drug
    based intervention = strategies=20 that might keep people from needing their drugs.=20
    <O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick" diet=20 doctors of
    the type who appear in infomercials. These people are = viewed as=20 "snake oil salesmen" by
    much of the public and have very poor = reputations in=20 the medical community. These
    doctors never submitted well-documented = research=20 to peer reviewed journals despite their
    claims that they had helped = "hundreds=20 of thousands" of patients. As a result, few
    legitimate researchers = would=20 associate themselves with low carbing.=20
[...]

    have already suffered significant = diabetic=20 complications. Even worse, patients whose
    blood sugar routinely rises = to 200=20 mg/dl or whose HBa1c tests, a measure of the long
    term blood sugar = level, is=20 above 8% deteriorate over time, continue to develop more and
    more = "diabetic=20 complications." Indeed, these complications occur to patients whose =
    blood=20 sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and whose = HBa1c's=20
    are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of control.=20
    <Q2>What are "Diabetic Complications"?</H3>
    <R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe=20 the ugly things
    that happen to people whose blood sugar is out of = control.=20 What it really means is
    "blindness, amputation, and death".=20
    <S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling=20 and pain,
    eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal from small =

    injuries that become infected and eventually turn gangrenous.=20
    <T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people = with long=20 standing
    diabetes often go blind.=20
    <U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's=20 why long term
    diabetics end up on dialysis.=20
    <V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks = far more=20 frequently
    than other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely=20 understood.=20
    <W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of=20 glucose are
    toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the=20 body uses to bring
    the high blood sugar levels back down. This ugly = feedback=20 loop that means that the
    higher your blood sugar, the less you are = able to=20 bring it down.=20
    <W1>Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications</H3>
    <X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort from = the fact,=20 shown by
    research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your = body,=20 lowering those blood
    sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20
    <Y>A famous ten year study by the NIH <A=20
    href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A>=20 found that
    people with type I diabetes could avoid complications by = keeping=20 their blood sugar under
    what they called "good control." If you read = the=20 summary you may still come away saying,
    "But too many of these = patients still=20 developed complications despite their good
    control."=20
    <Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level the=20 NIH study
    defined as "good control", 8%, was far higher than the level = that is=20 now being
    recommended to people with Type II diabetes. This gives hope = that=20 using <I>great</I>
    control as opposed to <I>good </I>control may = prevent far=20 more complications.=20
    <Z1>How High is Too High</H3>
    <Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes for=20 a living that
    blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant=20 period of time do this
    damage. Read the details in this article: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.endo-nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower
    Diabetes Screening Levels</A>=20
    <Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by = the=20 American Diabetes
    Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar=20 levels that correspond with
    very low heart disease risk. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">Click=20
    here </A>to read it.=20
    <Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level = will=20 not spike above
    140 mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two = hours after=20 a meal. They also say that
    fasting and pre-meal blood sugar levels = should be=20 under 110 mg/dl. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click= here=20 </A>for a PDF
    chart containing this data. This is very conservative, = but these=20 levels are still much lower
    than those many doctors suggest to their = diabetic=20 patients.=20
    <Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended level=20 for the
    hb1ac test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good control" = in the=20 NIH study was 8.0%.)
    However, the level recommended as truly normal by =
    Za.=20 Richard Bernstein and validated by the <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">American=20
    Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains=20 that truly
    normal people--not those already well on the way to = diabetes who=20 are too often mixed into the
    statistical groups in these = studies--maintain a=20 blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what
    they eat or when they = test. He=20 recommends that people with diabetes who want to avoid
    complications = shoot for=20 this number. (He is using blood plasma values which is important to =
    note if=20 your meter gives you a choice. They are lower than the "whole blood" = levels=20 many
    meters use.)=20
    <Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they are=20 given the
    tools, can and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels,=20 often with nothing more
    than changes in their diet.=20
    <Z1>So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down?</H3>
    <Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the 500s = or an=20 hb1ac of 12.0,
    you may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But=20 there's no reason to despair.
    The good news is that you can lower your = blood=20 sugar to these levels within a few weeks
    or months.=20
    <Z>
    <Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle more=20 than 10 to 15
    grams of carbohydrates at one meal without causing our = blood=20 sugar to spike too high.=20
    <Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in = a=20 typical meal when
    you eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to test = your=20 blood sugar one and two hours
    later. Then eat a meal with only 12 = grams of=20 carbs way down three hours later and repeat
    your hourly testing. You = should=20 see a significant difference between your readings. If
    you cut your = carbs to=20 12 grams or less for every meal and snack for a week or two you
    should = start=20 seeing a dramatic lowering of your post meal and fasting blood sugar.=20
    <Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download=20 this excellent
    piece of shareware <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>. It's shareware. Or
    = use <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com </A>an online =
    nutrition=20 counting web site.=20
    <Z1>Medications and Low Carbing</H3>
    <Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas = to=20 produce more
    insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to = cut your=20 carbs down very
    low because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system, these=20 drugs can cause

    yourself: <A href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's Smart = Advice</A>=20

    <Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen Becker's
    book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is a=20 great place to start as is
    Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s <I><B>Doctor = Bernstein's=20 Diabetes Solution</I></B>. Both are
    available via Amazon. If you want = to learn=20 more about low carb dieting, I recommend
    <I><B>Protein Power</I></B> = by the=20 Eades. It has excellent scientific explanations and
    the charts of = foods and=20 their carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need
    to read = up on=20 the mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a =
    lot more=20 to it than can be explained on any single web page.=20
    <Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful=20 information in
    the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A> =
    newsgroup.=20 Use Google Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have = been=20
    posted in the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings = about=20 the many
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:nnDIb.988=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i=20 am looking for a website that has info on no
    sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it=20 needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking
    for=20 info<BR>for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i = tried the=20 web
    but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there = again.<BR>hoping to=20 find something out=20
    here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTM=

    ------=_NextPart_000_0462_01C3D104.50285240--

  9. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:52:03 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >it is for my mother. she is dieabetic and she wants to give it a try. she already has to stop
    >eating sugar but she thought that this would help her to lose a few pounds as well. she is trying
    >to watch what she eats and she wants to start it n the new yrs thanks for the help any other info
    >would be great

    Angie,

    Your mum should get advice from a doctor before dietting. Tell her to ask him about Atkins which I
    believe may be good for diabetics. A URL that Laura found for us goes into some of this at length

    http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

    Otherwise WW is good because she can eat her normal diet, but control portion size etc

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

  10. Actually Weight Watchers is recommended by most doctors of diabetic patients. We have a member at my
    meeting that is an insulin dependent diabetic and has been since she was a child of about 11. She is
    now in her late 40s to early 50s. She just adjusts her intake of carbohydrates that she knows her
    body can handle, but Weight Watchers has been the best for her.

    As Ray had suggested, she really needs to watch her diet on the advice of her doctor and most
    doctors of diabetic patients will make an appointment with a registered dietician to evaluate your
    diet and needs.

    Debbie

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > it is for my mother. she is dieabetic and she wants to give it a try. she already has to stop
    > eating sugar but she thought that this would help her
    > lose a few pounds as well. she is trying to watch what she eats and she wants to start it n the
    > new yrs thanks for the help any other info would be great angie happy new years guys good luck in
    > the new year "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:07:04 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
    > > >plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
    > info
    > > >for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
    web
    > but
    > > >couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    > >
    > > Take a look on google ("no sugar" "no flour" diet). It looks like there are lots of references
    > > to low-carb and ibd diets. But I also found this in an article...
    > > ---------------------
    > > To give you related information, I am sending you a copy of my Health Report "Losing Weight"
    > > which includes my "no flour, no sugar" diet. Other readers who would like a copy should send a
    > > long, self-addressed, stamped envelope and $2 to Newsletter, P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, OH 44092.
    > > Be sure to mention the title.
    > > --------------------
    > >
    > > Can you tell us WHY you are looking for this diet?
    > >
    > > Ray
    > >
    > > --
    > > rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

  11. Celtic Gal \

    Celtic Gal \ Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_059D_01C3D1FA.89F945F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Hi Angie, If you want to e-mail me (just remove the nospam) and I will send you = some stuff.
    Cheers, Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to 140)

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... thank you so much i will defenitly check it
[...]

    Dr. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the 1940s also reports

    ------=_NextPart_000_059D_01C3D1FA.89F945F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>If you want to e-mail me (just = remove the=20 nospam) and I
    will send you some stuff.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
    <>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to =
    140)</DIV>
    <DIV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
    LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
    =
    href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:sKdJb.13=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info on = her=20 site.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below = and then go to=20 "home" and
    check out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some = good info.=20
    P.S. Below is an example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she = doesn't mind=20 me copying from
    her site....) <G>.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
    <DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
    <DIX>
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
    <DIY1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20
    color=3D#0000ff=20
    =
    size=3D2>http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm</FONT></A><= /H1>
    <DIY2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
    <DIY3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation</H2>
    <DIZ>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective = strategy=20 that
    increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using to keep = their=20 blood sugar levels
    within normal ranges without relying on = medication.=20
    <DIZ>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under = 60 grams=20 a day will
    make a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of = almost=20 everyone who can stick
    with a low carb diet for a couple weeks.=20
    <DIZ1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known?</H3>
    <DIZ>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals=20 you are likely
    to hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, = raise your=20 cholesterol and damage
    your health in every way possible.=20
    <DIZ>Is this true?=20
    <DIZ>For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20
    <DIZ1>Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys?</H3>
    <DIZ>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys = were done=20 not only
    with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, <B>high=20 carbohydrate diet</B>. If you
    accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that = it is=20 the high glucose levels caused by a high
    carbohydrate diet that = damages=20 kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system)
    not the = protein=20 itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to those of =
    us who=20 keep our dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20
    <DIZ>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of=20 it this way:
    if you eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a = side order=20 of fries while I eat
    the meat patty, no bun, no fries and a salad = with blue=20 cheese dressing, we're eating
    the same amount of protein. But I'm = eating a=20 low carb meal that will not raise my
    blood sugar, even without = medication,=20 while your meal is high enough in
    carbohydrates that it would drive = my blood=20 sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a
    "dangerous high protein" diet = compared=20 to you? No. Yet the same dieticians who
    prescribe 75 grams a meal to =

    diabetics would consider the burger and bun to be a healthier diet = choice!=20
    <DIZ>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that=20 very low carb
    diet may reverse early kidney disease. To read about = one=20 woman's experience healing
    kidney disease with a low carb diet, read = this=20 newsgroup posting: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.google.com/groups?q=3Dinsubject:kidney+author:aramanth= &hl=3Den&lr=3Dlang_en&ie=3DUTF-
    8&safe=3Doff&selm=3D38= qfescar7ieb196i2n21fh0mgsjp16l36%404ax.com&rnum=3D3">Aramanth=20
    Dawes' Story</A>=20
    <DIZ>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since=20 the 1940s also
    reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney = disease and=20 that of many patients
    through the use of a low carb diet. He = explains the=20 science behind how this can
    href=3D"http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr.=20 Bernstein's Diabetes
    Solution</A>. It has just come out in a second, = revised=20 edition=20
    <H3>Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol?</H3>
    <I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is why = people=20 have assumed
    that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in=20 cholesterol. But this is
    a false conclusion.=20
    <J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low = carbohydrate diet=20 raised
    cholesterol levels were done with diets containing levels of=20 carbohydrate of 150 grams a
    day--which is high enough to raise blood = sugar=20 to damaging levels and much higher than
    the carb levels that you = must adopt=20 to control blood sugar.=20
    <K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low = carbohydrate diet=20 have shown
    that when a high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate=20 levels, cholesterol
    generally goes down or stays the same, and=20 triglycerides, which are implicated in heart
    disease often improve=20 significantly.=20
    <L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of = Low Carb=20 diets on
    health, visit this web page: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high=20 carbohydrate diet doctors
    have been recommending for decades appears = to=20 cause liver inflammation. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483">http://www.medscape.c=
    om/viewarticle/463483</A>=20

    <M1>Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets?</H3>
    <N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by drug =

    companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects=20 of drugs on
    various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more=20 expensive drugs than just
    about any other group in the population, = there is=20 very little motivation for drug
    companies to study non-drug based=20 intervention strategies that might keep people from
    needing their = drugs.=20
    <O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick"=20 diet doctors of
    the type who appear in infomercials. These people = are viewed=20 as "snake oil salesmen"
    by much of the public and have very poor = reputations=20 in the medical community. These
    doctors never submitted = well-documented=20 research to peer reviewed journals despite
    their claims that they = had helped=20 "hundreds of thousands" of patients. As a result,
    few legitimate = researchers=20 would associate themselves with low carbing.=20
    <P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies = at Duke=20 University,
    Ohio State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have been
    published in the last few years, all = reinforcing=20 the once-radical idea that a low carb
    diet can have major health = benefits.=20 You can find these studies at <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <P1>How Does Diabetes Cause Damage?</H3>
    <Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high = blood sugar=20 levels--
    particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20
    <Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing = doctors still=20 tell
    patients that any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl after meals = is=20 fine.
    Unfortunately, when such standards are used by the time most = patients=20 are diagnosed
    with diabetes, they have already suffered significant = diabetic=20 complications. Even
    worse, patients whose blood sugar routinely = rises to 200=20 mg/dl or whose HBa1c tests,
    a measure of the long term blood sugar = level, is=20 above 8% deteriorate over time,
    continue to develop more and more = "diabetic=20 complications." Indeed, these
    complications occur to patients whose = blood=20 sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for
    prolonged periods of time and = whose=20 HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of
    control.=20
    <Q2>What are "Diabetic Complications"?</H3>
    <R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe=20 the ugly
    things that happen to people whose blood sugar is out of = control.=20 What it really means
    is "blindness, amputation, and death".=20
    <S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling=20 and pain,
    eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal from = small=20 injuries that become
    infected and eventually turn gangrenous.=20
    <T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people = with=20 long standing
    diabetes often go blind.=20
    <U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's=20 why long term
    diabetics end up on dialysis.=20
    <V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks = far more=20 frequently
    than other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely=20 understood.=20
    <W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of=20 glucose are
    toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin=20 the body uses to bring
    the high blood sugar levels back down. This = ugly=20 feedback loop that means that the
    higher your blood sugar, the less = you are=20 able to bring it down.=20
    <W1>Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications</H3>
    <X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort from = the=20 fact, shown by
    research, that though high blood sugar levels damage = your=20 body, lowering those blood
    sugar levels can prevent or even reverse = this=20 damage.=20
    <Y>A famous ten year study by the NIH <A=20
    href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A>=20 found
    that people with type I diabetes could avoid complications by = keeping=20 their blood
    sugar under what they called "good control." If you read = the=20 summary you may still
    come away saying, "But too many of these = patients=20 still developed complications
    despite their good control."=20
    <Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level the=20 NIH study
    defined as "good control", 8%, was far higher than the = level that=20 is now being
    recommended to people with Type II diabetes. This gives = hope=20 that using <I>great</I>
    control as opposed to <I>good </I>control = may=20 prevent far more complications.=20
    <Z1>How High is Too High</H3>
    <Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes=20 for a living
    that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over = any=20 significant period of time
    do this damage. Read the details in this = article:=20 <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.endo-nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower
    Diabetes Screening Levels</A>=20
    <Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by = the=20 American
    Diabetes Association includes even more data about the = blood sugar=20 levels that
    correspond with very low heart disease risk. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">Click=20
    here </A>to read it.=20
    <Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar = level will=20 not spike
    above 140 mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two = hours=20 after a meal. They also
    say that fasting and pre-meal blood sugar = levels=20 should be under 110 mg/dl. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click= here=20 </A>for a PDF
    chart containing this data. This is very conservative, = but=20 these levels are still much lower
    than those many doctors suggest to = their=20 diabetic patients.=20
    <Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended=20 level for the
    hb1ac test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good = control"=20 in the NIH study was
    8.0%.) However, the level recommended as truly = normal=20 by Dr. Richard Bernstein and
    validated by the <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">American=20
    Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein=20 maintains that truly
    normal people--not those already well on the = way to=20 diabetes who are too often mixed into
    the statistical groups in = these=20 studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter
    what = they eat or=20 when they test. He recommends that people with diabetes who want to =
    avoid=20 complications shoot for this number. (He is using blood plasma = values which=20 is
    important to note if your meter gives you a choice. They are = lower than=20 the "whole blood"
    levels many meters use.)=20
    <Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they are=20 given the
    tools, can and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels,=20 often with nothing
    more than changes in their diet.=20
    <Z1>So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down?</H3>
    <Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the = 500s or an=20 hb1ac of
    12.0, you may find these figures frightening and = depressing. But=20 there's no reason to
    despair. The good news is that you can lower = your blood=20 sugar to these levels within a
    few weeks or months.=20
    <Z>
    <Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle=20 more than 10
    to 15 grams of carbohydrates at one meal without = causing our=20 blood sugar to spike
[...]
    low because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system,=20 these drugs can cause
    harmful hypos.=20
    <Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work = on your=20 cell's
    insulin resistance, should not cause problems if you are low = carbing.=20

    <Z1>Jennifer's Advice to Newbies</H3>
    <Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A> =
    newsgroup have=20 long been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this = message
    which=20 has proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to = read it=20
    yourself: <A href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's = Smart=20 Advice</A>=20
    <Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen
    Becker's book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is a=20 great place to
    start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s <I><B>Doctor=20 Bernstein's Diabetes
    Solution</I></B>. Both are available via = Amazon. If you=20 want to learn more about low
    carb dieting, I recommend <I><B>Protein =

    Power</I></B> by the Eades. It has excellent scientific explanations = and the=20 charts of
    foods and their carb values is very helpful to the = beginner. You=20 do need to read up on the
    mechanics of how to make a low carb diet = work,=20 because there is a lot more to it than can
    be explained on any = single web=20 page.=20
    <Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful=20 information
    in the <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A>=20 newsgroup. Use Google
    Advanced Groups Search to find information = that may=20 have been posted in the past. There are
    many recipes, tips, tricks, = and=20 warnings about the many foods with "hidden carbs" that cause =
    unexpected=20 blood sugar spikes.=20 <CENTER>
    <Z><A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">EMAIL </A>Jenny - = cut the=20 carbs from the
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:nnDIb.988=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i=20 am looking for a website that has info on no
    sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it=20 needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking =
    for=20 info<BR>for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i = tried=20 the web
    but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there=20 again.<BR>hoping to find something out=20
    =
    here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE=
    ></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_059D_01C3D1FA.89F945F0--

  12. I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A
    plan and all that, one point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she
    could have that as toast with peanutbutter instead of jelly, not carb free
    but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
    > her breakfast because she has a slice of toast with cereal in the morning so that is why we need
    > some kind of a basis for
    > meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
    WHITE
    > in
    > > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
    > > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
    > Yikes,
    > > strict!
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ~Kristin O~
    > > 272/242.6/172
    > >
    > > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    > > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
    > >

    > > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
    > > > plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
    > > info
    > > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
    web
    > > but
    > > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    > > >
    > > > thanks angie

  13. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    eggs, fruit, bacon, sausage?... I dunno..

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
    > her breakfast because she has a slice of toast with cereal in the morning so that is why we need
    > some kind of a basis for
    > meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
    WHITE
    > in
    > > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
    > > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
    > Yikes,
    > > strict!
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ~Kristin O~
    > > 272/242.6/172
    > >
    > > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    > > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
    > >

    > > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
    > > > plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
    > > info
    > > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
    web
    > > but
    > > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
    > > >
    > > > thanks angie

  14. This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

    ------=_NextPart_000_098C_01C3D181.FB540600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    venassa

    i have sent you and e mail in regards to the info that you said you had. = if you like you can e
    mail me personally with any of the info. i would = be greatly appriated for it. thanks again for
    your help=20

    angie "Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
    news:[email protected]... Hi Angie, If you want to e-mail me (just remove the nospam)
[...]

    about the many foods with "hidden carbs" that cause unexpected blood = sugar spikes.=20

    ------=_NextPart_000_098C_01C3D181.FB540600 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>venassa</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i have sent you and e mail in regards = to the info=20 that you
    said you had. if you like you can e mail me personally with any = of the=20 info. i would be
    greatly appriated for it. thanks again for your help=20 </FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
    0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
    <>"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <<A=20
    =
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>If you want to e-mail me (just = remove the=20 nospam) and
    I will send you some stuff.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
    <>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to=20
    140)</DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:sKdJb.13=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you so much i will defenitly = check it=20 out. maybe i can
    even find some ideas for myself.</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks again for the info = vanessa</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV>
    <><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps anything else would be=20 greatfull</FONT></DIV>
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
    <DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
    <DIX><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info = on her=20
    site.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below = and then go=20 to "home"
[...]

    strategy that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using = to keep=20 their blood
    sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on=20 medication.=20
    <DIZ>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under = 60=20 grams a day will
    make a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels = of=20 almost everyone who can stick
    with a low carb diet for a couple = weeks.=20
    <DIZ1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this = Known?</H3>
    <DIZ>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals=20 you are
    likely to hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, = raise=20 your cholesterol and
    damage your health in every way possible.=20
    <DIZ>Is this true?=20
    <DIZ>For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20
    <DIZ1>Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys?</H3>
    <DIZ>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys = were=20 done not only
    with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, =
    <DIZ>high=20 carbohydrate diet</B>. If you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention = that it is=20 the
    high glucose levels caused by a high carbohydrate diet that = damages=20 kidneys (and eyes, and
    the peripheral vascular system) not the = protein=20 itself, you can see why these studies are
    not relevant to those of = us who=20 keep our dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20
    <DIZ>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of=20 it this way:
    if you eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a = side=20 order of fries while I eat
    the meat patty, no bun, no fries and a = salad=20 with blue cheese dressing, we're eating
    the same amount of = protein. But=20 I'm eating a low carb meal that will not raise my
    blood sugar, = even=20 without medication, while your meal is high enough in =
    carbohydrates that=20 it would drive my blood sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a =
    "dangerous=20 high protein" diet compared to you? No. Yet the same dieticians = who=20
    prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would consider the burger = and bun=20 to be a
    healthier diet choice!=20
[...]
    Solution</A>. It has just come out in a = second,=20 revised edition=20
    <H3>Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol?</H3>
    <I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is = why people=20 have assumed
    that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in=20 cholesterol. But this
    is a false conclusion.=20
    <J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low = carbohydrate=20 diet raised
    cholesterol levels were done with diets containing = levels of=20 carbohydrate of 150
    grams a day--which is high enough to raise = blood sugar=20 to damaging levels and much
    higher than the carb levels that you = must=20 adopt to control blood sugar.=20
    <K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low = carbohydrate diet=20 have shown
    that when a high fat diet is combined with very low=20 carbohydrate levels, cholesterol
    generally goes down or stays the = same,=20 and triglycerides, which are implicated in
    heart disease often = improve=20 significantly.=20
    <L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects = of Low=20 Carb diets on
    health, visit this web page: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high=20 carbohydrate diet
    doctors have been recommending for decades = appears to=20 cause liver
    inflammation. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483">http://www.medscape.c=
    om/viewarticle/463483</A>=20

    <M1>Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets?</H3>
    <N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by = drug=20 companies. Not so
    coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects=20 of drugs on various
    diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more=20 expensive drugs than just about
    any other group in the population, = there=20 is very little motivation for drug
    companies to study non-drug = based=20 intervention strategies that might keep people
    from needing their = drugs.=20
    <O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick"=20 diet doctors
    of the type who appear in infomercials. These people = are=20 viewed as "snake oil
    salesmen" by much of the public and have very = poor=20 reputations in the medical
    community. These doctors never = submitted=20 well-documented research to peer reviewed
    journals despite their = claims=20 that they had helped "hundreds of thousands" of
    patients. As a = result, few=20 legitimate researchers would associate themselves with
    low = carbing.=20
    <P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies = at Duke=20 University,
    Ohio State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have
    been published in the last few years, all = reinforcing=20 the once-radical idea that a
    low carb diet can have major health = benefits.=20 You can find these studies at <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
    wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

    <P1>How Does Diabetes Cause Damage?</H3>
    <Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high = blood=20 sugar levels--
    particularly those that occur an hour or two after = meals.=20
    <Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing = doctors=20 still tell
    patients that any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl = after meals=20 is fine.
    Unfortunately, when such standards are used by the time = most=20 patients are diagnosed
    with diabetes, they have already suffered=20 significant diabetic complications. Even
    worse, patients whose = blood sugar=20 routinely rises to 200 mg/dl or whose HBa1c
    tests, a measure of = the long=20 term blood sugar level, is above 8% deteriorate over
    time, = continue to=20 develop more and more "diabetic complications." Indeed, these=20
    complications occur to patients whose blood sugars are as low as = 126 mg/dl=20 for
    prolonged periods of time and whose HBa1c's are at =
    6.--supposedly=20 good measures of control.=20
    <Q2>What are "Diabetic Complications"?</H3>
    <R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to =

    describe the ugly things that happen to people whose blood sugar = is out of=20 control. What
    it really means is "blindness, amputation, and = death".=20
    <S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms = are=20 tingling and pain,
    eventually the limbs become numb and fair to = heal from=20 small injuries that become
    infected and eventually turn = gangrenous.=20
    <T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why = people with=20 long standing
    diabetes often go blind.=20
    <U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the = kidneys.=20 That's why long
    term diabetics end up on dialysis.=20
    <V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart = attacks far=20 more frequently
    than other people, though the exact mechanism is = not=20 completely understood.=20
    <W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels=20 of glucose
    are toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas which make = the=20 insulin the body uses to
    bring the high blood sugar levels back = down. This=20 ugly feedback loop that means that
    the higher your blood sugar, = the less=20 you are able to bring it down.=20
    <W1>Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications</H3>
    <X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort = from the=20 fact, shown by
    research, that though high blood sugar levels = damage your=20 body, lowering those blood
    sugar levels can prevent or even = reverse this=20 damage.=20
    <Y>A famous ten year study by the NIH <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A>=20 found that people
    with type I diabetes could avoid complications = by=20 keeping their blood sugar under what they
    called "good control." = If you=20 read the summary you may still come away saying, "But too many of
    = these=20 patients still developed complications despite their good = control."=20
    <Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level=20 the NIH study
    defined as "good control", 8%, was far higher than = the level=20 that is now being
    recommended to people with Type II diabetes. = This gives=20 hope that using <I>great</I>
    control as opposed to <I>good = </I>control may=20 prevent far more complications.=20
    <Z1>How High is Too High</H3>
    <Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes=20 for a living
    that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over = any=20 significant period of time
    do this damage. Read the details in = this=20 article: <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.endo-nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower
    Diabetes Screening Levels</A>=20
    <Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published = by the=20 American
    Diabetes Association includes even more data about the = blood=20 sugar levels that
    correspond with very low heart disease risk. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
    xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
    neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
    p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
    =3Ddiacare">Click=20
    here </A>to read it.=20
    <Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar = level=20 will not
    spike above 140 mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl = two=20 hours after a meal.
    They also say that fasting and pre-meal blood = sugar=20 levels should be under 110
    mg/dl. <A=20
    =
    href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click=
    =20
    here </A>for a PDF chart containing this data. This is very = conservative,=20 but these
    levels are still much lower than those many doctors = suggest to=20 their diabetic
[...]
    matter what = they eat=20 or when they test. He recommends that people with diabetes who =
    want to=20 avoid complications shoot for this number. (He is using blood = plasma=20 values
    which is important to note if your meter gives you a = choice. They=20 are lower than the
    "whole blood" levels many meters use.)=20
    <Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they=20 are given the
    tools, can and do bring their blood sugars down to = these=20 levels, often with nothing
    more than changes in their diet.=20
    <Z1>So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down?</H3>
    <Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the = 500s or=20 an hb1ac of
    12.0, you may find these figures frightening and = depressing.=20 But there's no reason
    to despair. The good news is that you can = lower your=20 blood sugar to these levels
    within a few weeks or months.=20
    <Z>
    <Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle=20 more than 10
    to 15 grams of carbohydrates at one meal without = causing our=20 blood sugar to spike
    too high.=20
    <Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs = in a=20 typical meal
    when you eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to = test your=20 blood sugar one and
    two hours later. Then eat a meal with only 12 = grams of=20 carbs way down three hours
    later and repeat your hourly testing. = You=20 should see a significant difference
    between your readings. If you = cut your=20 carbs to 12 grams or less for every meal and
    snack for a week or = two you=20 should start seeing a dramatic lowering of your post
    meal and = fasting=20 blood sugar.=20
    <Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download=20 this
    excellent piece of shareware <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>. It's
    shareware. = Or use <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com </A>an =
    online=20 nutrition counting web site.=20
    <Z1>Medications and Low Carbing</H3>
    <Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the = pancreas to=20 produce more
    insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan = to cut=20 your carbs down very
    low because without a huge dose of carbs in = your=20 system, these drugs can cause
    harmful hypos.=20
    <Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which = work on=20 your cell's
    insulin resistance, should not cause problems if you = are low=20 carbing.=20
    <Z1>Jennifer's Advice to Newbies</H3>
    <Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A> =
    newsgroup have=20 long been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this =
    message=20 which has proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web = site to=20
    read it yourself: <A = href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's=20 Smart
    Advice</A>=20
    <Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen
    Becker's book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is=20 a great place to
    start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s =
    <Z><A>Doctor=20 Bernstein's Diabetes Solution</I></B>. Both are available via = Amazon. If=20 you
    want to learn more about low carb dieting, I recommend =
    <Z><B>Protein=20 Power</I></B> by the Eades. It has excellent scientific = explanations and=20 the
    charts of foods and their carb values is very helpful to the = beginner.=20 You do need to
    read up on the mechanics of how to make a low carb = diet=20 work, because there is a lot more
    to it than can be explained on = any=20 single web page.=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
    href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:nnDIb.988=
    [email protected]</A>...</DIV>i=20 am looking for a website that has info on no
    sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it=20 needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking =
    for=20 info<BR>for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. = i tried=20 the web
    but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there=20 again.<BR>hoping to find something out=20
    =
    here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE=
    ></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_098C_01C3D181.FB540600--

  15. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads would be totally out of
    the picture ... I think.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
    >point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
    >instead of jelly, not carb free but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe
    ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
    >> her breakfast because she has a slice of toast with cereal in the morning so that is why we need
    >> some kind of a basis for
    >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >> berlin.de...
    >> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
    >WHITE
    >> in
    >> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
    >> > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
    >> Yikes,
    >> > strict!
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> >
    >> > ~Kristin O~
    >> > 272/242.6/172
    >> >
    >> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    >> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
    >> >

    >> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]...
    >> > info
    >web
    >> > but

  16. you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a box
    broke that DH was holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of
    my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT working at optimum capacity, Lee
    Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads
    would
    > be totally out of the picture ... I think.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
    > >point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
    > >instead of jelly, not carb
    free
    > >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
    > >message news:[email protected]...
    > >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
    > >> her breakfast because she has a slice of
    toast
    > >> with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a basis
    for
    > >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > >> berlin.de...
    > >WHITE
    > >> in
    > >> Yikes,

    for
    > >web

  17. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    OUCH! I managed to miss the flying food the other day. Someone had dug around in the freezer and
    played a balancing act with a bag of chicken breasts. I opened the door and out it flew. You should
    have seen how fast I moved those feet of mine. LOL Frozen chicken does not feel good when falling on
    bare feet. <G>

    Hope your foot is feeling better soon.

    Joyce

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:07:10 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a box broke that DH was
    >holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT
    >working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads
    >would
    >> be totally out of the picture ... I think.
    >>
    >> Joyce
    >>
    >> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    ><[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
    >> >point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
    >> >instead of jelly, not carb
    >free
    >> >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> >message news:[email protected]...
    >toast
    >for
    >> >WHITE

    >for
    >the
    >> >web

  18. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Aww OUCH, Lee... sorry to hear of your foot. I hope it feels better soon. I had a glorious moment in
    the parking lot at the mall last night, turned over my ankle and landed on my knee! Now I have a
    right knee that hurts like hell and a left ankle that isn't very steady... wonderful.

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.6/172

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a
    box
    > broke that DH was holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of my foot so I took a
    > pain pill and am NOT working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet -
    breads
    > would
    > > be totally out of the picture ... I think.
    > >
    > > Joyce
    > >
    > > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    > <[email protected]>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr.
    > > >plan and all that, one point per slice I think and six grams of carb,
    she
    > > >could have that as toast with peanutbutter instead of jelly, not carb
    > free
    > > >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > >message news:[email protected]...
    > toast
    > for
    > > >WHITE

    > for
    > the
    > > >web

  19. it is much better now, it was a box of canned soup and one of them hit the
    joint on my big toe. the blessing is that they cans all missed the toe I
    broke a while back on that same foot. Lee
    Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > OUCH! I managed to miss the flying food the other day. Someone had dug
    around in
    > the freezer and played a balancing act with a bag of chicken breasts. I
    opened
    > the door and out it flew. You should have seen how fast I moved those
    feet of
    > mine. LOL Frozen chicken does not feel good when falling on bare feet.
    <G>

    > Hope your foot is feeling better soon.
    >
    > Joyce
    >
    > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:07:10 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a
    box
    > >broke that DH was holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top
    of
    > >my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]>
    > >wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >> I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet -
    breads
    > >would
    > >> be totally out of the picture ... I think.
    > >>
    > >> Joyce
    > >>
    > >> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    > ><[email protected]>

    > >free
    > >toast
    > >for

    > >for
    > >the

  20. So far, I've managed to avoid flying frozen food.

    But I haven't been as lucky with stationary frozen water. I've already had one nasty spill on the
    ice, falling straight forward and doing a belly flop. Near knocked the wind out of me! I was sore
    for a day or two but no injuries more serious than a scraped knee. I guess I need someone to tell me
    the same thing I told my daughters every time they stepped outside: Be careful!

    Prairie Roots