anyone have info on

A

Anglea Woollcom

i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
and info about the diet. i am looking for info for my mother. she wants to start it after the
holidays. i tried the web but couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find
something out here

thanks angie

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:07:04 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
>and info about the diet. i am looking for info for my mother. she wants to start it after the
>holidays. i tried the web but couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find
>something out here

Take a look on google ("no sugar" "no flour" diet). It looks like there are lots of references to
low-carb and ibd diets. But I also found this in an article...
---------------------
To give you related information, I am sending you a copy of my Health Report "Losing Weight" which
includes my "no flour, no sugar" diet. Other readers who would like a copy should send a long, self-
addressed, stamped envelope and $2 to Newsletter, P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, OH 44092. Be sure to
mention the title.
--------------------

Can you tell us WHY you are looking for this diet?

Ray

--
rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

I have no answer for you but am curious what others come up, with. Have a
great year, Lee
Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
> and info about the diet. i am looking for
info
> for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
but
> couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
>
> thanks angie

Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything WHITE in your diet, you will be
healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No flour or sugar in any way
shape or form. Yikes, strict!

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.6/172

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
> and info about the diet. i am looking for
info
> for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
but
> couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
>
> thanks angie

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01DA_01C3D16B.EC549D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi Angie, Jenny has a heap of info on her site. Just click the link below and then go to "home" and
check out all her = other pages. Best of luck finding some good info. P.S. Below is an example of
what is = on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind me copying from her site....) =
<G>.Vanessa :)

http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes A
Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation Cutting your carbs, radically, is a
controversial but effective strategy = that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using to
keep their = blood sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on medication.=20

There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 grams = a day will make a radical
decrease in the blood sugar levels of almost = everyone who can stick with a low carb diet for a
couple weeks.=20

If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known? If you mention the topic to friends or
even some medical professionals = you are likely to hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys,
raise = your cholesterol and damage your health in every way possible.=20

Is this true?=20

For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20

Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys? The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys
were = done not only with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, high = carbohydrate diet. If
you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that it is = the high glucose levels caused by a high
carbohydrate diet that damages = kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system) not the
protein = itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to those of us = who keep our
dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20

Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." Think of = it this way: if you eat a
hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a side = order of fries while I eat the meat patty, no bun, no
fries and a salad = with blue cheese dressing, we're eating the same amount of protein. But = I'm
eating a low carb meal that will not raise my blood sugar, even = without medication, while your
meal is high enough in carbohydrates that = it would drive my blood sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am I
on a "dangerous = high protein" diet compared to you? No. Yet the same dieticians who = prescribe 75
grams a meal to diabetics would consider the burger and bun = to be a healthier diet choice!=20

Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence that = very low carb diet may
reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's experience healing kidney disease with a
low carb diet, read = this newsgroup posting: Aramanth Dawes' Story=20

Ga. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic since = the 1940s also reports
reversing his own early diabetic kidney disease = and that of many patients through the use of a
low carb diet. He = explains the science behind how this can happen in his excellent bookDr. =
Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. It has just come out in a second, revised = edition=20

Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol? A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat,
which is why people = have assumed that these high fat levels must lead to damaging increases = in
cholesterol. But this is a false conclusion.=20

Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate diet = raised cholesterol levels
were done with diets containing levels of = carbohydrate of 150 grams a day--which is high enough to
raise blood = sugar to damaging levels and much higher than the carb levels that you = must adopt to
control blood sugar.=20

Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate diet = have shown that when a
high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate levels, cholesterol generally goes down or
stays the same, = and triglycerides, which are implicated in heart disease often improve =
significantly.=20

To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of Low = Carb diets on health, visit
this web page: = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate diet doctors have been
recommending for decades appears to = cause liver inflammation.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483=20

Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets? Almost all medical research in today's world is
sponsored by drug = companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects of
drugs on various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more expensive drugs than just about
any other group in the population, = there is very little motivation for drug companies to study non-
drug = based intervention strategies that might keep people from needing their = drugs.=20

In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin quick" = diet doctors of the type who
appear in infomercials. These people are = viewed as "snake oil salesmen" by much of the public and
have very poor = reputations in the medical community. These doctors never submitted = well-
documented research to peer reviewed journals despite their claims = that they had helped "hundreds
of thousands" of patients. As a result, = few legitimate researchers would associate themselves with
low carbing.=20

It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at Duke = University, Ohio State,
Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein Medical School have been published in the last
few years, all = reinforcing the once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have major = health
benefits. You can find these studies at = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

How Does Diabetes Cause Damage? What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high blood
= sugar levels--particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20

What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level? Many practicing doctors still tell patients that any blood
sugar level = under 200 mg/dl after meals is fine. Unfortunately, when such standards = are used by
the time most patients are diagnosed with diabetes, they = have already suffered significant
diabetic complications. Even worse, = patients whose blood sugar routinely rises to 200 mg/dl or
whose HBa1c = tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar level, is above 8% = deteriorate over
time, continue to develop more and more "diabetic = complications." Indeed, these complications
occur to patients whose = blood sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and =
whose HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of control.=20 What are "Diabetic Complications"?
The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to describe = the ugly things that
happen to people whose blood sugar is out of = control. What it really means is "blindness,
amputation, and death".=20

High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and pain, eventually the
limbs become numb and fair to heal = from small injuries that become infected and eventually turn
gangrenous. =

High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people with = long standing diabetes often
go blind.=20

High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. That's = why long term diabetics
end up on dialysis.=20

And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks far = more frequently than other
people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely understood.=20

To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high levels = of glucose are toxic to the
beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the body uses to bring the high blood sugar
levels back down. = This ugly feedback loop that means that the higher your blood sugar, the = less
you are able to bring it down.=20

Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take
comfort from the = fact, shown by research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your = body,
lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20

A famous ten year study by the NIH summarized here found that people = with type I diabetes could
avoid complications by keeping their blood = sugar under what they called "good control." If you
read the summary you = may still come away saying, "But too many of these patients still = developed
complications despite their good control."=20

That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar level = the NIH study defined as
"good control", 8%, was far higher than the = level that is now being recommended to people with
Type II diabetes. = This gives hope that using great control as opposed to good control may =
prevent far more complications.=20

How High is Too High In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat diabetes = for a
living that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant period of time do
this damage. Read the details in this = article: Endocrinologists Recommend Lower Diabetes
Screening Levels=20

An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by the = American Diabetes
Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar levels that correspond with very low
heart disease risk. Click = here to read it.=20

The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level will = not spike above 140 mg/dl
one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two hours = after a meal. They also say that fasting and pre-
meal blood sugar levels = should be under 110 mg/dl. click here for a PDF chart containing this =
data. This is very conservative, but these levels are still much lower = than those many doctors
suggest to their diabetic patients.=20

The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the recommended = level for the hb1ac test is
now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good = control" in the NIH study was 8.0%.) However, the level
recommended as = truly normal by Dr. Richard Bernstein and validated by the American = Diabetes
Association heart disease study is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains that truly normal people--not
those already well on the way to = diabetes who are too often mixed into the statistical groups in
these = studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what they = eat or when they
test. He recommends that people with diabetes who want = to avoid complications shoot for this
number. (He is using blood plasma = values which is important to note if your meter gives you a
choice. They = are lower than the "whole blood" levels many meters use.)=20

But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once they are = given the tools, can
and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels, often with nothing more than changes in
their diet.=20

So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down? If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in
the 500s or an = hb1ac of 12.0, you may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But there's
no reason to despair. The good news is that you can lower = your blood sugar to these levels within
a few weeks or months.=20

The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not handle = more than 10 to 15 grams of
carbohydrates at one meal without causing = our blood sugar to spike too high.=20

You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in a = typical meal when you eat it,
then use your blood sugar meter to test = your blood sugar one and two hours later. Then eat a meal
with only 12 = grams of carbs way down three hours later and repeat your hourly = testing. You
should see a significant difference between your readings. = If you cut your carbs to 12 grams or
less for every meal and snack for a = week or two you should start seeing a dramatic lowering of
your post = meal and fasting blood sugar.=20

If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, download = this excellent piece of
shareware LifeForm. It's shareware. Or use = http://www.fitday.com an online nutrition counting
web site.=20

Medications and Low Carbing If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas to =
produce more insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to cut = your carbs down very low
because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system, these drugs can cause harmful hypos.=20

Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work on = your cell's insulin
resistance, should not cause problems if you are low = carbing.=20

Jennifer's Advice to Newbies New visitors to the alt.support.diabetes newsgroup have long been =
greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which has = proven extremely helpful to
many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself: Jennifer's Smart Advice=20

If you want to learn more about how to test and control your diabetes, = Gretchen Becker's book,
Type II Diabetes: The First Year is a great = place to start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s Doctor
Bernstein's = Diabetes Solution. Both are available via Amazon. If you want to learn = more about
low carb dieting, I recommend Protein Power by the Eades. It = has excellent scientific explanations
and the charts of foods and their = carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need to read
up on = the mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a = lot more to it than
can be explained on any single web page.=20

As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of useful = information in the alt.support.diet.low-
carb newsgroup. Use Google = Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have been posted in
= the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings about the = many foods with "hidden
carbs" that cause unexpected blood sugar spikes. =

EMAIL Jenny - cut the carbs from the address to contact me!=20

"Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... i am looking for a website that has info on
no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking for =
info for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the = web but couldn't find
any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here

thanks angie

------=_NextPart_000_01DA_01C3D16B.EC549D60 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<H><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
<I><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info on her=20 site.</FONT></DIV>
<J><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below and = then go to=20 "home" and check
out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
<K><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some good = info. P.S.=20 Below is an
example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind me = copying=20 from her site....)
<G>.</FONT></DIV>
<L><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
<M><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
<N>
<O><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
<O1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20 color=3D#0000ff=20
size=3D2>http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm</FONT></A><= /H1>
<O2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
<O3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation</H2>
<P>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective = strategy that=20 increasing
numbers of people with diabetes are using to keep their blood = sugar=20 levels within normal
ranges without relying on medication.=20
<Q>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 = grams a=20 day will make a
radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of almost = everyone=20 who can stick with a low carb
diet for a couple weeks.=20
<Q1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known?</H3>
<R>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals you=20 are likely to
hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, raise your =

cholesterol and damage your health in every way possible.=20
<S>Is this true?=20
<T>For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20
<T1>Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys?</H3>
<U>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys were = done not=20 only with a
high protein, diet but with a high protein, <B>high = carbohydrate=20 diet</B>. If you accept Dr.
Bernstein's contention that it is the high = glucose=20 levels caused by a high carbohydrate diet
that damages kidneys (and = eyes, and=20 the peripheral vascular system) not the protein itself,
you can see why = these=20 studies are not relevant to those of us who keep our dietary =
carbohydrate to=20 extremely low levels.=20
<V>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." Think = of it=20 this way: if you
eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a side = order of=20 fries while I eat the meat
patty, no bun, no fries and a salad with blue = cheese=20 dressing, we're eating the same amount
of protein. But I'm eating a low = carb=20 meal that will not raise my blood sugar, even without
medication, while = your=20 meal is high enough in carbohydrates that it would drive my blood
sugar = well=20 over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a "dangerous high protein" diet compared to you? = No.
Yet=20 the same dieticians who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would = consider=20 the
burger and bun to be a healthier diet choice!=20
<W>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that very=20 low carb diet
may reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's=20 experience healing kidney
disease with a low carb diet, read this = newsgroup=20 posting: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.google.com/groups?q=3Dinsubject:kidney+author:aramanth= &hl=3Den&lr=3Dlang_en&ie=3DUTF-
8&safe=3Doff&selm=3D38=
qfescar7ieb196i2n21fh0mgsjp16l36%404ax.com&rnum=3D3">Aramanth=20 Dawes' Story</A>=20
<W>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the=20 1940s also
reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney disease and = that of=20 many patients
through the use of a low carb diet. He explains the = science behind=20 how this can happen
in his excellent book<A=20 href=3D"http://www.diabetes-
normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr. = Bernstein's=20 Diabetes Solution</A>. It has just
come out in a second, revised edition =

<H3>Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol?</H3>
<I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is why = people have=20 assumed that
these high fat levels must lead to damaging increases in=20 cholesterol. But this is a false
conclusion.=20
<J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate = diet=20 raised cholesterol
levels were done with diets containing levels of = carbohydrate=20 of 150 grams a day--which is
high enough to raise blood sugar to = damaging levels=20 and much higher than the carb levels
that you must adopt to control = blood sugar.=20

<K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet have=20 shown that when
a high fat diet is combined with very low carbohydrate = levels,=20 cholesterol generally goes
down or stays the same, and triglycerides, = which are=20 implicated in heart disease often
improve significantly.=20
<L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of Low = Carb=20 diets on health,
visit this web page: <A=20
href=3D"http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp">http://www.lo=
wcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp</A>=20

<M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate=20 diet doctors have
been recommending for decades appears to cause liver=20 inflammation. <A=20
href=3D"http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483">http://www.medscape.c=
om/viewarticle/463483</A>=20

<M1>Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets?</H3>
<N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by drug = companies.=20 Not so
coincidentally, this research tends to study the effects of drugs = on=20 various diseases. Since
people with diabetes consume more expensive = drugs than=20 just about any other group in the
population, there is very little = motivation=20 for drug companies to study non-drug based
intervention strategies that = might=20 keep people from needing their drugs.=20
<O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin quick" = diet=20 doctors of the
type who appear in infomercials. These people are viewed = as=20 "snake oil salesmen" by much of
the public and have very poor = reputations in the=20 medical community. These doctors never
submitted well-documented = research to=20 peer reviewed journals despite their claims that they
had helped = "hundreds of=20 thousands" of patients. As a result, few legitimate researchers
would = associate=20 themselves with low carbing.=20
<P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at = Duke=20 University, Ohio
State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have been published
in the last few years, all = reinforcing the=20 once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have
major health benefits. = You can=20 find these studies at <A=20

<P1>How Does Diabetes Cause Damage?</H3>
<Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high blood = sugar=20 levels--
particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20
<Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing doctors = still=20 tell patients that
any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl after meals is = fine.=20 Unfortunately, when such
standards are used by the time most patients = are=20 diagnosed with diabetes, they have already
suffered significant diabetic =

complications. Even worse, patients whose blood sugar routinely rises to = 200=20 mg/dl or whose
HBa1c tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar = level, is=20 above 8% deteriorate over time,
continue to develop more and more = "diabetic=20 complications." Indeed, these complications occur
to patients whose = blood sugars=20 are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and whose
HBa1c's = are at=20
6.--supposedly good measures of control.=20
<Q2>What are "Diabetic Complications"?</H3>
<R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe the=20 ugly things
that happen to people whose blood sugar is out of control. = What it=20 really means is
"blindness, amputation, and death".=20
<S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and=20 pain,
eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal from small = injuries that=20 become infected
and eventually turn gangrenous.=20
<T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people with = long=20 standing diabetes
often go blind.=20
<U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's why=20 long term
diabetics end up on dialysis.=20
<V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks far = more=20 frequently than
other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely=20 understood.=20
<W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of=20 glucose are toxic
to the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the=20 body uses to bring the high
blood sugar levels back down. This ugly = feedback=20 loop that means that the higher your blood
sugar, the less you are able = to bring=20 it down.=20
<W1>Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications</H3>
<X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort from the = fact,=20 shown by
research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your body, =

lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20
<Y>A famous ten year study by the NIH <A=20
href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A> found=20 that
people with type I diabetes could avoid complications by keeping = their=20 blood sugar under
what they called "good control." If you read the = summary you=20 may still come away saying,
"But too many of these patients still = developed=20 complications despite their good
control."=20
<Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar level = the NIH=20 study defined
as "good control", 8%, was far higher than the level that = is now=20 being recommended to people
with Type II diabetes. This gives hope that = using=20
<Z>great</I> control as opposed to <I>good </I>control may prevent far = more=20 complications.=20
<Z1>How High is Too High</H3>
<Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes for a=20 living that
blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant=20 period of time do this
damage. Read the details in this article: <A=20 href=3D"http://www.endo-
nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower Diabetes Screening
Levels</A>=20
<Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by the =

American Diabetes Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar=20 levels that
correspond with very low heart disease risk. <A=20
href=3D"http://care.diabetesjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/2/485?ma=
xtoshow=3D&HITS=3D50&hits=3D50&RESULTFORMAT=3D&fulltext=3D=
neuropathy+hba1c&searchid=3D1065583705038_902&stored_search=3D&am=
p;FIRSTINDEX=3D0&sortspec=3Ddate&fdate=3D1/1/2002&journalcode=
=3Ddiacare">Click=20
here </A>to read it.=20
<Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level = will not=20 spike above 140
mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two hours = after a=20 meal. They also say that fasting
and pre-meal blood sugar levels should = be under=20 110 mg/dl. <A=20
href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click= here=20 </A>for a PDF
chart containing this data. This is very conservative, but = these=20 levels are still much lower
than those many doctors suggest to their = diabetic=20 patients.=20
<Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the recommended = level=20 for the hb1ac
test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good control" in = the NIH=20 study was 8.0%.) However,
the level recommended as truly normal by Dr. = Richard=20 Bernstein and validated by the <A=20
=3Ddiacare">American=20
Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains=20 that truly normal
people--not those already well on the way to diabetes = who are=20 too often mixed into the
statistical groups in these studies--maintain a = blood=20 sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what
they eat or when they test. He = recommends=20 that people with diabetes who want to avoid
complications shoot for this = number.=20 (He is using blood plasma values which is important to
note if your = meter gives=20 you a choice. They are lower than the "whole blood" levels many meters
= use.)=20
<Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once they = are=20 given the tools,
can and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels, often=20 with nothing more than
changes in their diet.=20
<Z1>So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down?</H3>
<Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the 500s or = an=20 hb1ac of 12.0, you
may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But=20 there's no reason to despair. The
good news is that you can lower your = blood=20 sugar to these levels within a few weeks or
months.=20
<Z>
<Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not handle = more=20 than 10 to 15
grams of carbohydrates at one meal without causing our = blood sugar=20 to spike too high.=20
<Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in a = typical=20 meal when you
eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to test your blood = sugar=20 one and two hours later.
Then eat a meal with only 12 grams of carbs way = down=20 three hours later and repeat your
hourly testing. You should see a = significant=20 difference between your readings. If you cut
your carbs to 12 grams or = less for=20 every meal and snack for a week or two you should start
seeing a = dramatic=20 lowering of your post meal and fasting blood sugar.=20
<Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download this=20 excellent
piece of shareware <A = href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>.=20 It's shareware. Or
use <A = href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com=20 </A>an online nutrition
counting web site.=20
<Z1>Medications and Low Carbing</H3>
<Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas to = produce=20 more insulin
you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to cut your = carbs down=20 very low because without
a huge dose of carbs in your system, these = drugs can=20 cause harmful hypos.=20
<Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work on = your=20 cell's insulin
<Z1>Jennifer's Advice to Newbies</H3>
<Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A> newsgroup =
have long=20 been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which = has=20
proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself:=20 <A
href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's Smart Advice</A>=20
<Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen Becker's
book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is a=20 great place to start as is Richard
Bernstein, M.D.'s <I><B>Doctor = Bernstein's=20 Diabetes Solution</I></B>. Both are available via
Amazon. If you want to = learn=20 more about low carb dieting, I recommend <I><B>Protein
Power</I></B> by = the=20 Eades. It has excellent scientific explanations and the charts of foods
= and=20 their carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need to read = up on the=20
mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a lot = more to it=20 than can be
explained on any single web page.=20
<Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful=20 information in the
<A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A> = newsgroup.=20 Use
Google Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have been = posted=20 in the past.
There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings about = the many=20 foods with "hidden carbs"
that cause unexpected blood sugar spikes.=20 <CENTER>
<Z><A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">EMAIL </A>Jenny - cut = the carbs=20 from the
address to contact me! </P></CENTER></FONT></DIV></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:nnDIb.988=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>i=20 am looking for a website that has info on no
sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it needs=20 to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
= info<BR>for my=20 mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web=20
but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there again.<BR>hoping = to find=20 something out =
here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01DA_01C3D16B.EC549D60--

it is for my mother. she is dieabetic and she wants to give it a try. she
already has to stop eating sugar but she thought that this would help her to
lose a few pounds as well. she is trying to watch what she eats and she
wants to start it n the new yrs
thanks for the help any other info would be great
angie
happy new years guys good luck in the new year
"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:07:04 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
> >and info about the diet. i am looking for
info
> >for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
but
> >couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
>
> Take a look on google ("no sugar" "no flour" diet). It looks like there are lots of references to
> low-carb and ibd diets. But I also found this in an article...
> ---------------------
> To give you related information, I am sending you a copy of my Health Report "Losing Weight" which
> includes my "no flour, no sugar" diet. Other readers who would like a copy should send a long, self-
> addressed, stamped envelope and $2 to Newsletter, P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, OH 44092. Be sure to
> mention the title.
> --------------------
>
> Can you tell us WHY you are looking for this diet?
>
> Ray
>
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a
problem. she has to change her breakfast because she has a slice of toast
with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a basis for a
meal plan
any ideas
angie
"Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything WHITE
in
> your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
> flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
Yikes,
> strict!
>
> --
>
> ~Kristin O~
> 272/242.6/172
>
> Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>
>
>
> "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan
> > and info about the diet. i am looking for
> info
> > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the web
> but
> > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> >
> > thanks angie
> >
>

------=_NextPart_000_0462_01C3D104.50285240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

thank you so much i will defenitly check it out. maybe i can even find = some ideas for myself.
thanks again for the info vanessa angie
ps anything else would be greatfull

"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... Hi Angie, Jenny has a heap of info on her site. Just click
the link below and then go to "home" and check out all her = other pages. Best of luck finding
some good info. P.S. Below is an example of what = is on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind me
copying from her site....) =
<G>.Vanessa :)

http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes A
Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation Cutting your carbs, radically, is a
controversial but effective = strategy that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using
to = keep their blood sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on = medication.=20

There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 =
grams a day will make a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of =
almost everyone who can stick with a low carb diet for a couple weeks.=20

If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known? If you mention the topic to friends or
even some medical professionals = you are likely to hear that low carbing will damage your
kidneys, raise = your cholesterol and damage your health in every way possible.=20

Is this true?=20

Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys? The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys
were = done not only with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, high = carbohydrate diet.
If you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that it is = the high glucose levels caused by a high
carbohydrate diet that damages = kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system) not the
protein = itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to those of us = who keep our
dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20

Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." Think = of it this way: if you eat
a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a = side order of fries while I eat the meat patty, no
bun, no fries and a = salad with blue cheese dressing, we're eating the same amount of = protein.
But I'm eating a low carb meal that will not raise my blood = sugar, even without medication,
while your meal is high enough in = carbohydrates that it would drive my blood sugar well over 200
mg/dl. Am = I on a "dangerous high protein" diet compared to you? No. Yet the same = dieticians
who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would consider the = burger and bun to be a healthier
diet choice!=20

Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence that = very low carb diet may
reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's experience healing kidney disease with a
low carb diet, read = this newsgroup posting: Aramanth Dawes' Story=20

Ga. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the 1940s also reports
reversing his own early diabetic kidney = disease and that of many patients through the use of
a low carb diet. He = explains the science behind how this can happen in his excellent bookDr.
= Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. It has just come out in a second, revised = edition=20

Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol? A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat,
which is why = people have assumed that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in
cholesterol. But this is a false conclusion.=20

Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate = diet raised cholesterol
levels were done with diets containing levels of = carbohydrate of 150 grams a day--which is high
enough to raise blood = sugar to damaging levels and much higher than the carb levels that you =
must adopt to control blood sugar.=20

Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet have shown that when a
high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate levels, cholesterol generally goes down or
stays the same, = and triglycerides, which are implicated in heart disease often improve =
significantly.=20

To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of Low = Carb diets on health, visit
this web page: = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate diet doctors have
been recommending for decades appears to = cause liver inflammation.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483=20

Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets? Almost all medical research in today's world is
sponsored by drug = companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects
of drugs on various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more expensive drugs than
just about any other group in the population, = there is very little motivation for drug
companies to study non-drug = based intervention strategies that might keep people from needing
their = drugs.=20

In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin quick" = diet doctors of the type
who appear in infomercials. These people are = viewed as "snake oil salesmen" by much of the
public and have very poor = reputations in the medical community. These doctors never submitted =
well-documented research to peer reviewed journals despite their claims = that they had helped
"hundreds of thousands" of patients. As a result, = few legitimate researchers would associate
themselves with low carbing.=20

It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at = Duke University, Ohio State,
Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein Medical School have been published in the last
few years, all = reinforcing the once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have major = health
benefits. You can find these studies at = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

How Does Diabetes Cause Damage? What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high
blood = sugar levels--particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20

What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level? Many practicing doctors still tell patients that any blood
sugar level = under 200 mg/dl after meals is fine. Unfortunately, when such standards = are used
by the time most patients are diagnosed with diabetes, they = have already suffered significant
diabetic complications. Even worse, = patients whose blood sugar routinely rises to 200 mg/dl or
whose HBa1c = tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar level, is above 8% = deteriorate over
time, continue to develop more and more "diabetic = complications." Indeed, these complications
occur to patients whose = blood sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and =
whose HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of control.=20 What are "Diabetic
Complications"? The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe the
ugly things that happen to people whose blood sugar is out = of control. What it really means is

High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and pain, eventually
the limbs become numb and fair to heal = from small injuries that become infected and eventually
turn gangrenous. =

High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people with = long standing diabetes
often go blind.=20

High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's why long term diabetics
end up on dialysis.=20

And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks far = more frequently than other
people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely understood.=20

To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high levels = of glucose are toxic to
the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the body uses to bring the high blood
sugar levels back down. = This ugly feedback loop that means that the higher your blood sugar, the
= less you are able to bring it down.=20

Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take
comfort from the = fact, shown by research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your =
body, lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20

A famous ten year study by the NIH summarized here found that people = with type I diabetes could
avoid complications by keeping their blood = sugar under what they called "good control." If you
read the summary you = may still come away saying, "But too many of these patients still =
developed complications despite their good control."=20

That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar level = the NIH study defined as
"good control", 8%, was far higher than the = level that is now being recommended to people with
Type II diabetes. = This gives hope that using great control as opposed to good control may =

How High is Too High In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat diabetes = for
a living that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant period of time do
this damage. Read the details in this = article: Endocrinologists Recommend Lower Diabetes
Screening Levels=20

An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by the = American Diabetes
Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar levels that correspond with very low
heart disease risk. Click = here to read it.=20

The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level = will not spike above 140
mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two = hours after a meal. They also say that fasting and
pre-meal blood sugar = levels should be under 110 mg/dl. click here for a PDF chart containing =
this data. This is very conservative, but these levels are still much = lower than those many
doctors suggest to their diabetic patients.=20

The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the recommended = level for the hb1ac test
is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good = control" in the NIH study was 8.0%.) However, the level
recommended as = truly normal by Dr. Richard Bernstein and validated by the American = Diabetes
Association heart disease study is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains that truly normal people--not
those already well on the way to = diabetes who are too often mixed into the statistical groups in
these = studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what they = eat or when they
test. He recommends that people with diabetes who want = to avoid complications shoot for this
number. (He is using blood plasma = values which is important to note if your meter gives you a
choice. They = are lower than the "whole blood" levels many meters use.)=20

But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once they = are given the tools, can
and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels, often with nothing more than changes in
their diet.=20

So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down? If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in
the 500s or = an hb1ac of 12.0, you may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But
there's no reason to despair. The good news is that you can lower = your blood sugar to these
levels within a few weeks or months.=20

The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not handle = more than 10 to 15 grams
of carbohydrates at one meal without causing = our blood sugar to spike too high.=20

You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in a = typical meal when you eat
it, then use your blood sugar meter to test = your blood sugar one and two hours later. Then eat a
meal with only 12 = grams of carbs way down three hours later and repeat your hourly = testing.
You should see a significant difference between your readings. = If you cut your carbs to 12 grams
or less for every meal and snack for a = week or two you should start seeing a dramatic lowering
of your post = meal and fasting blood sugar.=20

If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download this excellent piece of
shareware LifeForm. It's shareware. Or = use http://www.fitday.com an online nutrition counting
web site.=20

Medications and Low Carbing If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas to
= produce more insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to cut = your carbs down very
low because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system, these drugs can cause harmful hypos.=20

Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work on = your cell's insulin

Jennifer's Advice to Newbies New visitors to the alt.support.diabetes newsgroup have long been =
greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which has = proven extremely helpful
to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself: Jennifer's Smart Advice=20

If you want to learn more about how to test and control your diabetes, = Gretchen Becker's book,
Type II Diabetes: The First Year is a great = place to start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s
Doctor Bernstein's = Diabetes Solution. Both are available via Amazon. If you want to learn = more
about low carb dieting, I recommend Protein Power by the Eades. It = has excellent scientific
explanations and the charts of foods and their = carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You
do need to read up on = the mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a =
lot more to it than can be explained on any single web page.=20

As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful information in the alt.support.diet.low-
carb newsgroup. Use = Google Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have been =
posted in the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings = about the many foods with
"hidden carbs" that cause unexpected blood = sugar spikes.=20

news:[email protected]... i am looking for a website that has info on
no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking = for
info for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the = web but couldn't
find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here

thanks angie

------=_NextPart_000_0462_01C3D104.50285240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you so much i will defenitly = check it out.=20 maybe i can
even find some ideas for myself.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks again for the info = vanessa</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps anything else would be = greatfull</FONT></DIV>
<> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV>"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</=
A>>=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:[email protected]= .com.au</A>...</DIV>
<DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info on = her=20 site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below and = then go to=20 "home" and
check out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
<DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some good = info. P.S.=20 Below is an
example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't mind = me=20 copying from her site....)
<G>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
<DIZ>
<DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
<DIZ1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff=20
=
<DIZ2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
<DIZ3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation</H2>
<DIZ>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective = strategy=20 that increasing
numbers of people with diabetes are using to keep = their blood=20 sugar levels within normal
ranges without relying on medication.=20
<DIZ>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 = grams a=20 day will make
a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of almost = everyone=20 who can stick with a low
carb diet for a couple weeks.=20
<DIZ1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known?</H3>
<DIZ>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals you=20 are likely to
hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, raise = your=20 cholesterol and damage your
health in every way possible.=20
<DIZ>Is this true?=20
<DIZ>For most people the answer is a rousing and reassuring, "No!"=20
<DIZ1>Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys?</H3>
<DIZ>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys = were done=20 not only with
a high protein, diet but with a high protein, <B>high=20 carbohydrate diet</B>. If you accept
Dr. Bernstein's contention that = it is the=20 high glucose levels caused by a high
carbohydrate diet that damages = kidneys=20 (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system)
not the protein itself, = you can=20 see why these studies are not relevant to those of us
who keep our = dietary=20 carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20
<DIZ>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of it=20 this way: if
you eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a side = order of=20 fries while I eat the
meat patty, no bun, no fries and a salad with = blue=20 cheese dressing, we're eating the
same amount of protein. But I'm = eating a low=20 carb meal that will not raise my blood
sugar, even without medication, = while=20 your meal is high enough in carbohydrates that it
would drive my blood = sugar=20 well over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a "dangerous high protein" diet
compared = to you?=20 No. Yet the same dieticians who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics
= would=20 consider the burger and bun to be a healthier diet choice!=20
<DIZ>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that very=20 low carb
diet may reverse early kidney disease. To read about one = woman's=20 experience healing
kidney disease with a low carb diet, read this = newsgroup=20 posting: <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.google.com/groups?q=3Dinsubject:kidney+author:aramanth= &hl=3Den&lr=3Dlang_en&ie=3DUTF-
8&safe=3Doff&selm=3D38= qfescar7ieb196i2n21fh0mgsjp16l36%404ax.com&rnum=3D3">Aramanth=20
Dawes' Story</A>=20
<DIZ>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the=20 1940s also
reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney disease and = that of=20 many patients
through the use of a low carb diet. He explains the = science=20 behind how this can
happen in his excellent book<A=20 href=3D"http://www.diabetes-
normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr.=20 Bernstein's Diabetes Solution</A>. It has
just come out in a second, = revised=20 edition=20
<I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is why = people=20 have assumed
that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in=20 cholesterol. But this is a
false conclusion.=20
<J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate = diet=20 raised
cholesterol levels were done with diets containing levels of=20 carbohydrate of 150 grams a
day--which is high enough to raise blood = sugar to=20 damaging levels and much higher than
the carb levels that you must = adopt to=20 control blood sugar.=20
<K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet=20 have shown that
when a high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate=20 levels, cholesterol
generally goes down or stays the same, and = triglycerides,=20 which are implicated in heart
disease often improve significantly.=20
<L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of = Low Carb=20 diets on
health, visit this web page: <A=20
=

<M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high = carbohydrate=20 diet doctors
have been recommending for decades appears to cause liver =

inflammation. <A=20
=

<N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by drug=20 companies. Not so
coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects of=20 drugs on various diseases.
Since people with diabetes consume more = expensive=20 drugs than just about any other group
in the population, there is very = little=20 motivation for drug companies to study non-drug
based intervention = strategies=20 that might keep people from needing their drugs.=20
<O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick" diet=20 doctors of
the type who appear in infomercials. These people are = viewed as=20 "snake oil salesmen" by
much of the public and have very poor = reputations in=20 the medical community. These
doctors never submitted well-documented = research=20 to peer reviewed journals despite their
claims that they had helped = "hundreds=20 of thousands" of patients. As a result, few
legitimate researchers = would=20 associate themselves with low carbing.=20
<P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at = Duke=20 University, Ohio
State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have been
published in the last few years, all = reinforcing the=20 once-radical idea that a low carb
diet can have major health benefits. = You can=20 find these studies at <A=20
=

<Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high blood = sugar=20 levels--
<Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing doctors = still=20 tell patients
that any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl after meals = is fine.=20 Unfortunately, when
such standards are used by the time most patients = are=20 diagnosed with diabetes, they
have already suffered significant = diabetic=20 complications. Even worse, patients whose
blood sugar routinely rises = to 200=20 mg/dl or whose HBa1c tests, a measure of the long
term blood sugar = level, is=20 above 8% deteriorate over time, continue to develop more and
more = "diabetic=20 complications." Indeed, these complications occur to patients whose =
blood=20 sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged periods of time and whose = HBa1c's=20
are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of control.=20
<R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe=20 the ugly things
that happen to people whose blood sugar is out of = control.=20 What it really means is
<S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling=20 and pain,
eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal from small =

injuries that become infected and eventually turn gangrenous.=20
<T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people = with long=20 standing
diabetes often go blind.=20
<U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's=20 why long term
<V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks = far more=20 frequently
than other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely=20 understood.=20
<W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of=20 glucose are
toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin the=20 body uses to bring
the high blood sugar levels back down. This ugly = feedback=20 loop that means that the
higher your blood sugar, the less you are = able to=20 bring it down.=20
<X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort from = the fact,=20 shown by
research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your = body,=20 lowering those blood
sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20
href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A>=20 found that
people with type I diabetes could avoid complications by = keeping=20 their blood sugar under
what they called "good control." If you read = the=20 summary you may still come away saying,
"But too many of these = patients still=20 developed complications despite their good
control."=20
<Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level the=20 NIH study
defined as "good control", 8%, was far higher than the level = that is=20 now being
recommended to people with Type II diabetes. This gives hope = that=20 using <I>great</I>
control as opposed to <I>good </I>control may = prevent far=20 more complications.=20
<Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes for=20 a living that
blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over any = significant=20 period of time do this
damage. Read the details in this article: <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.endo-nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower
Diabetes Screening Levels</A>=20
<Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by = the=20 American Diabetes
Association includes even more data about the blood = sugar=20 levels that correspond with
very low heart disease risk. <A=20
=
=3Ddiacare">Click=20
here </A>to read it.=20
<Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level = will=20 not spike above
140 mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two = hours after=20 a meal. They also say that
fasting and pre-meal blood sugar levels = should be=20 under 110 mg/dl. <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click= here=20 </A>for a PDF
chart containing this data. This is very conservative, = but these=20 levels are still much lower
than those many doctors suggest to their = diabetic=20 patients.=20
<Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended level=20 for the
hb1ac test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good control" = in the=20 NIH study was 8.0%.)
However, the level recommended as truly normal by =
Za.=20 Richard Bernstein and validated by the <A=20
=
=3Ddiacare">American=20
Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein = maintains=20 that truly
normal people--not those already well on the way to = diabetes who=20 are too often mixed into the
statistical groups in these = studies--maintain a=20 blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter what
they eat or when they = test. He=20 recommends that people with diabetes who want to avoid
complications = shoot for=20 this number. (He is using blood plasma values which is important to =
note if=20 your meter gives you a choice. They are lower than the "whole blood" = levels=20 many
meters use.)=20
<Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they are=20 given the
tools, can and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels,=20 often with nothing more
than changes in their diet.=20
<Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the 500s = or an=20 hb1ac of 12.0,
you may find these figures frightening and depressing. = But=20 there's no reason to despair.
The good news is that you can lower your = blood=20 sugar to these levels within a few weeks
or months.=20
<Z>
<Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle more=20 than 10 to 15
grams of carbohydrates at one meal without causing our = blood=20 sugar to spike too high.=20
<Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in = a=20 typical meal when
you eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to test = your=20 blood sugar one and two hours
later. Then eat a meal with only 12 = grams of=20 carbs way down three hours later and repeat
your hourly testing. You = should=20 see a significant difference between your readings. If
you cut your = carbs to=20 12 grams or less for every meal and snack for a week or two you
should = start=20 seeing a dramatic lowering of your post meal and fasting blood sugar.=20
<Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download=20 this excellent
piece of shareware <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>. It's shareware. Or
= use <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com </A>an online =
nutrition=20 counting web site.=20
<Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the pancreas = to=20 produce more
insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to = cut your=20 carbs down very
low because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system, these=20 drugs can cause
harmful hypos.=20
<Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work = on your=20 cell's insulin
<Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A>
newsgroup = have long=20 been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message
which = has=20 proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it =

yourself: <A href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's Smart = Advice</A>=20

<Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen Becker's
book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is a=20 great place to start as is
Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s <I><B>Doctor = Bernstein's=20 Diabetes Solution</I></B>. Both are
available via Amazon. If you want = to learn=20 more about low carb dieting, I recommend
<I><B>Protein Power</I></B> = by the=20 Eades. It has excellent scientific explanations and
the charts of = foods and=20 their carb values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need
to read = up on=20 the mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because there is a =
lot more=20 to it than can be explained on any single web page.=20
<Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful=20 information in
the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A> =
newsgroup.=20 Use Google Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have = been=20
posted in the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings = about=20 the many
foods with "hidden carbs" that cause unexpected blood sugar = spikes.=20 <CENTER>
<Z><A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">EMAIL </A>Jenny - cut = the carbs=20 from the
address to contact me! </P></CENTER></FONT></DIV></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-
RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-
RIGHT: 0px">
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>=
=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it=20 needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking
for=20 info<BR>for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i = tried the=20 web
but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there = again.<BR>hoping to=20 find something out=20
here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTM=
L>

------=_NextPart_000_0462_01C3D104.50285240--

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:52:03 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>it is for my mother. she is dieabetic and she wants to give it a try. she already has to stop
>eating sugar but she thought that this would help her to lose a few pounds as well. she is trying
>to watch what she eats and she wants to start it n the new yrs thanks for the help any other info
>would be great

Angie,

Your mum should get advice from a doctor before dietting. Tell her to ask him about Atkins which I
believe may be good for diabetics. A URL that Laura found for us goes into some of this at length

http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/

Otherwise WW is good because she can eat her normal diet, but control portion size etc

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

Actually Weight Watchers is recommended by most doctors of diabetic patients. We have a member at my
meeting that is an insulin dependent diabetic and has been since she was a child of about 11. She is
now in her late 40s to early 50s. She just adjusts her intake of carbohydrates that she knows her
body can handle, but Weight Watchers has been the best for her.

As Ray had suggested, she really needs to watch her diet on the advice of her doctor and most
doctors of diabetic patients will make an appointment with a registered dietician to evaluate your
diet and needs.

Debbie

> it is for my mother. she is dieabetic and she wants to give it a try. she already has to stop
> eating sugar but she thought that this would help her
to
> lose a few pounds as well. she is trying to watch what she eats and she wants to start it n the
> new yrs thanks for the help any other info would be great angie happy new years guys good luck in
> the new year "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:07:04 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
> > >plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
> info
> > >for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
web
> but
> > >couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> >
> > Take a look on google ("no sugar" "no flour" diet). It looks like there are lots of references
> > to low-carb and ibd diets. But I also found this in an article...
> > ---------------------
> > To give you related information, I am sending you a copy of my Health Report "Losing Weight"
> > which includes my "no flour, no sugar" diet. Other readers who would like a copy should send a
> > long, self-addressed, stamped envelope and $2 to Newsletter, P.O. Box 167, Wickliffe, OH 44092.
> > Be sure to mention the title.
> > --------------------
> >
> > Can you tell us WHY you are looking for this diet?
> >
> > Ray
> >
> > --
> > rmnsuk overall - 273/210/182

------=_NextPart_000_059D_01C3D1FA.89F945F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

Hi Angie, If you want to e-mail me (just remove the nospam) and I will send you = some stuff.
Cheers, Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to 140)

news:[email protected]... thank you so much i will defenitly check it
out. maybe i can even find = some ideas for myself. thanks again for the info vanessa angie

"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <[email protected]> wrote in = message
news:[email protected]... Hi Angie, Jenny has a heap of info on her site. Just
click the link below and then go to "home" and check out all = her other pages. Best of luck
finding some good info. P.S. Below is an example of = what is on Jenny's site (hope she doesn't
mind me copying from her = site....) <G>. Vanessa :)

controversial but effective = strategy that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using
to = keep their blood sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on = medication.=20

There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 = grams a day will make a
radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of = almost everyone who can stick with a low carb

If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known? If you mention the topic to friends
or even some medical = professionals you are likely to hear that low carbing will damage your =
kidneys, raise your cholesterol and damage your health in every way = possible.=20

Is this true?=20

Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys? The medical studies that show that high protein damages
kidneys were = done not only with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, high =
carbohydrate diet. If you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that it is = the high glucose levels
caused by a high carbohydrate diet that damages = kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular
system) not the protein = itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to those of us
= who keep our dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20

Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." Think = of it this way: if you
eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a = side order of fries while I eat the meat patty,
no bun, no fries and a = salad with blue cheese dressing, we're eating the same amount of =
protein. But I'm eating a low carb meal that will not raise my blood = sugar, even without
medication, while your meal is high enough in = carbohydrates that it would drive my blood sugar
well over 200 mg/dl. Am = I on a "dangerous high protein" diet compared to you? No. Yet the same
= dieticians who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would consider the = burger and bun to
be a healthier diet choice!=20

Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that very low carb diet may
reverse early kidney disease. To read about = one woman's experience healing kidney disease with
a low carb diet, read = this newsgroup posting: Aramanth Dawes' Story=20

Dr. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the 1940s also reports
reversing his own early diabetic kidney = disease and that of many patients through the use
of a low carb diet. He = explains the science behind how this can happen in his excellent
bookDr. = Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. It has just come out in a second, revised =
edition=20

which is why = people have assumed that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases
in cholesterol. But this is a false conclusion.=20

Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low carbohydrate = diet raised cholesterol
levels were done with diets containing levels of = carbohydrate of 150 grams a day--which is
high enough to raise blood = sugar to damaging levels and much higher than the carb levels that
you = must adopt to control blood sugar.=20

Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet have shown that when a
high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate levels, cholesterol generally goes down
or stays the same, = and triglycerides, which are implicated in heart disease often improve =
significantly.=20

To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of Low = Carb diets on health,
visit this web page: = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high =
carbohydrate diet doctors have been recommending for decades appears to =
cause liver inflammation. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483=20

sponsored by drug = companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects
of drugs on various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more expensive drugs than
just about any other group in the population, = there is very little motivation for drug
companies to study non-drug = based intervention strategies that might keep people from needing
their = drugs.=20

In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin =
quick" diet doctors of the type who appear in infomercials. These people =
are viewed as "snake oil salesmen" by much of the public and have very =
poor reputations in the medical community. These doctors never submitted =
well-documented research to peer reviewed journals despite their claims =
that they had helped "hundreds of thousands" of patients. As a result, =
few legitimate researchers would associate themselves with low carbing.=20

It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at = Duke University, Ohio
State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein Medical School have been published in
the last few years, all = reinforcing the once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have major
= health benefits. You can find these studies at =
http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

How Does Diabetes Cause Damage? What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high
blood = sugar levels--particularly those that occur an hour or two after meals.=20

What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level? Many practicing doctors still tell patients that any
blood sugar = level under 200 mg/dl after meals is fine. Unfortunately, when such = standards
are used by the time most patients are diagnosed with = diabetes, they have already suffered
significant diabetic complications. = Even worse, patients whose blood sugar routinely rises to
200 mg/dl or = whose HBa1c tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar level, is = above 8%
deteriorate over time, continue to develop more and more = "diabetic complications." Indeed,
these complications occur to patients = whose blood sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for prolonged
periods of time = and whose HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of control.=20 What are
"Diabetic Complications"? The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to =
describe the ugly things that happen to people whose blood sugar is out = of control. What it
really means is "blindness, amputation, and death".=20

High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and pain, eventually
the limbs become numb and fair to heal = from small injuries that become infected and eventually
turn gangrenous. =

High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people = with long standing diabetes
often go blind.=20

High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's why long term

And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks far = more frequently than
other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely understood.=20

To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of glucose are toxic to
the beta cells of the pancreas which make = the insulin the body uses to bring the high blood
sugar levels back = down. This ugly feedback loop that means that the higher your blood = sugar,
the less you are able to bring it down.=20

Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can
take comfort from the = fact, shown by research, that though high blood sugar levels damage your
= body, lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse this = damage.=20

A famous ten year study by the NIH summarized here found that people = with type I diabetes
could avoid complications by keeping their blood = sugar under what they called "good control."
If you read the summary you = may still come away saying, "But too many of these patients still
= developed complications despite their good control."=20

That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level the NIH study defined as
"good control", 8%, was far higher than = the level that is now being recommended to people with

How High is Too High In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes
for a living that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained = over any significant period of
time do this damage. Read the details in = this article: Endocrinologists Recommend Lower
Diabetes Screening Levels =

An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by = the American Diabetes
Association includes even more data about the = blood sugar levels that correspond with very low
heart disease risk. = Click here to read it.=20

The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar level = will not spike above 140
mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two = hours after a meal. They also say that fasting
and pre-meal blood sugar = levels should be under 110 mg/dl. click here for a PDF chart
containing = this data. This is very conservative, but these levels are still much = lower than
those many doctors suggest to their diabetic patients.=20

The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended level for the hb1ac test
is now 6.5%. (The level defined as = "good control" in the NIH study was 8.0%.) However, the
level = recommended as truly normal by Dr. Richard Bernstein and validated by = the American
Diabetes Association heart disease study is 4.7%. Dr. = Bernstein maintains that truly normal
people--not those already well on = the way to diabetes who are too often mixed into the
statistical groups = in these studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter = what
they eat or when they test. He recommends that people with diabetes = who want to avoid
complications shoot for this number. (He is using = blood plasma values which is important to
note if your meter gives you a = choice. They are lower than the "whole blood" levels many
meters use.)=20

But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once they = are given the tools, can
their diet.=20

So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down? If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level
in the 500s = or an hb1ac of 12.0, you may find these figures frightening and = depressing. But
there's no reason to despair. The good news is that you = can lower your blood sugar to these
levels within a few weeks or months. =

The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle more than 10 to 15 grams
of carbohydrates at one meal without = causing our blood sugar to spike too high.=20

You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in a = typical meal when you eat
it, then use your blood sugar meter to test = your blood sugar one and two hours later. Then eat
a meal with only 12 = grams of carbs way down three hours later and repeat your hourly =
testing. You should see a significant difference between your readings. = If you cut your carbs
to 12 grams or less for every meal and snack for a = week or two you should start seeing a
dramatic lowering of your post = meal and fasting blood sugar.=20

If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download this excellent piece
of shareware LifeForm. It's shareware. Or = use http://www.fitday.com an online nutrition
counting web site.=20

Medications and Low Carbing If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the
pancreas = to produce more insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to = cut your
carbs down very low because without a huge dose of carbs in = your system, these drugs can
cause harmful hypos.=20

greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which has = proven extremely helpful
to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself: Jennifer's Smart Advice=20

If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes, Gretchen Becker's book,
Type II Diabetes: The First Year is a = great place to start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s
Doctor Bernstein's = Diabetes Solution. Both are available via Amazon. If you want to learn =
more about low carb dieting, I recommend Protein Power by the Eades. It = has excellent
scientific explanations and the charts of foods and their = carb values is very helpful to the
beginner. You do need to read up on = the mechanics of how to make a low carb diet work, because
there is a = lot more to it than can be explained on any single web page.=20

As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful information in the alt.support.diet.low-
carb newsgroup. Use = Google Advanced Groups Search to find information that may have been =
posted in the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings = about the many foods
with "hidden carbs" that cause unexpected blood = sugar spikes.=20

news:[email protected]... i am looking for a website that has info
on no sugar no flour = diet. it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am
looking = for info for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried = the web
but couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here

thanks angie

------=_NextPart_000_059D_01C3D1FA.89F945F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4912.300"
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>If you want to e-mail me (just = remove the=20 nospam) and I
will send you some stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to =
140)</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
=
href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</A>>= wrote=20 in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:sKdJb.13=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you so much i will defenitly = check it out.=20 maybe i can
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps anything else would be = greatfull</FONT></DIV>
<> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
=
A>>=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info on = her=20 site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below = and then go to=20 "home" and
check out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
<DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some = good info.=20
P.S. Below is an example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she = doesn't mind=20 me copying from
her site....) <G>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
<DIX>
<DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
<DIY1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff=20
=
<DIY2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
<DIY3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad Reputation</H2>
<DIZ>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective = strategy=20 that
increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using to keep = their=20 blood sugar levels
within normal ranges without relying on = medication.=20
<DIZ>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under = 60 grams=20 a day will
make a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of = almost=20 everyone who can stick
with a low carb diet for a couple weeks.=20
<DIZ1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known?</H3>
<DIZ>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals=20 you are likely
to hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, = raise your=20 cholesterol and damage
your health in every way possible.=20
<DIZ>Is this true?=20
<DIZ>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys = were done=20 not only
with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, <B>high=20 carbohydrate diet</B>. If you
accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that = it is=20 the high glucose levels caused by a high
carbohydrate diet that = damages=20 kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral vascular system)
not the = protein=20 itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to those of =
us who=20 keep our dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20
<DIZ>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of=20 it this way:
if you eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a = side order=20 of fries while I eat
the meat patty, no bun, no fries and a salad = with blue=20 cheese dressing, we're eating
the same amount of protein. But I'm = eating a=20 low carb meal that will not raise my
blood sugar, even without = medication,=20 while your meal is high enough in
carbohydrates that it would drive = my blood=20 sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a
"dangerous high protein" diet = compared=20 to you? No. Yet the same dieticians who
prescribe 75 grams a meal to =

diabetics would consider the burger and bun to be a healthier diet = choice!=20
<DIZ>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that=20 very low carb
diet may reverse early kidney disease. To read about = one=20 woman's experience healing
kidney disease with a low carb diet, read = this=20 newsgroup posting: <A=20
=
8&safe=3Doff&selm=3D38= qfescar7ieb196i2n21fh0mgsjp16l36%404ax.com&rnum=3D3">Aramanth=20
Dawes' Story</A>=20
<DIZ>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since=20 the 1940s also
reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney = disease and=20 that of many patients
through the use of a low carb diet. He = explains the=20 science behind how this can
happen in his excellent book<A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr.=20 Bernstein's Diabetes
Solution</A>. It has just come out in a second, = revised=20 edition=20
<I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is why = people=20 have assumed
that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in=20 cholesterol. But this is
a false conclusion.=20
<J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low = carbohydrate diet=20 raised
cholesterol levels were done with diets containing levels of=20 carbohydrate of 150 grams a
day--which is high enough to raise blood = sugar=20 to damaging levels and much higher than
the carb levels that you = must adopt=20 to control blood sugar.=20
<K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low = carbohydrate diet=20 have shown
that when a high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate=20 levels, cholesterol
generally goes down or stays the same, and=20 triglycerides, which are implicated in heart
disease often improve=20 significantly.=20
<L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of = Low Carb=20 diets on
=

<M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high=20 carbohydrate diet doctors
have been recommending for decades appears = to=20 cause liver inflammation. <A=20
=

<N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by drug =

companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects=20 of drugs on
various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more=20 expensive drugs than just
about any other group in the population, = there is=20 very little motivation for drug
companies to study non-drug based=20 intervention strategies that might keep people from
needing their = drugs.=20
<O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick"=20 diet doctors of
the type who appear in infomercials. These people = are viewed=20 as "snake oil salesmen"
by much of the public and have very poor = reputations=20 in the medical community. These
doctors never submitted = well-documented=20 research to peer reviewed journals despite
their claims that they = had helped=20 "hundreds of thousands" of patients. As a result,
few legitimate = researchers=20 would associate themselves with low carbing.=20
<P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies = at Duke=20 University,
Ohio State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have been
published in the last few years, all = reinforcing=20 the once-radical idea that a low carb
diet can have major health = benefits.=20 You can find these studies at <A=20
=

<Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high = blood sugar=20 levels--
<Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing = doctors still=20 tell
patients that any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl after meals = is=20 fine.
Unfortunately, when such standards are used by the time most = patients=20 are diagnosed
with diabetes, they have already suffered significant = diabetic=20 complications. Even
worse, patients whose blood sugar routinely = rises to 200=20 mg/dl or whose HBa1c tests,
a measure of the long term blood sugar = level, is=20 above 8% deteriorate over time,
continue to develop more and more = "diabetic=20 complications." Indeed, these
complications occur to patients whose = blood=20 sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for
prolonged periods of time and = whose=20 HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of
control.=20
<R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to = describe=20 the ugly
things that happen to people whose blood sugar is out of = control.=20 What it really means
is "blindness, amputation, and death".=20
<S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling=20 and pain,
eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal from = small=20 injuries that become
infected and eventually turn gangrenous.=20
<T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people = with=20 long standing
<U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's=20 why long term
<V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks = far more=20 frequently
than other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely=20 understood.=20
<W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of=20 glucose are
toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas which make the = insulin=20 the body uses to bring
the high blood sugar levels back down. This = ugly=20 feedback loop that means that the
higher your blood sugar, the less = you are=20 able to bring it down.=20
<X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort from = the=20 fact, shown by
research, that though high blood sugar levels damage = your=20 body, lowering those blood
sugar levels can prevent or even reverse = this=20 damage.=20
href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A>=20 found
that people with type I diabetes could avoid complications by = keeping=20 their blood
sugar under what they called "good control." If you read = the=20 summary you may still
come away saying, "But too many of these = patients=20 still developed complications
despite their good control."=20
<Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level the=20 NIH study
defined as "good control", 8%, was far higher than the = level that=20 is now being
recommended to people with Type II diabetes. This gives = hope=20 that using <I>great</I>
control as opposed to <I>good </I>control = may=20 prevent far more complications.=20
<Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes=20 for a living
that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over = any=20 significant period of time
do this damage. Read the details in this = article:=20 <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.endo-nurses.org/documents/worldleaders.doc">Endocrinol= ogists=20 Recommend Lower
<Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by = the=20 American
Diabetes Association includes even more data about the = blood sugar=20 levels that
=
=3Ddiacare">Click=20
here </A>to read it.=20
<Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar = level will=20 not spike
above 140 mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl two = hours=20 after a meal. They also
say that fasting and pre-meal blood sugar = levels=20 should be under 110 mg/dl. <A=20
=
chart containing this data. This is very conservative, = but=20 these levels are still much lower
than those many doctors suggest to = their=20 diabetic patients.=20
<Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended=20 level for the
hb1ac test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good = control"=20 in the NIH study was
8.0%.) However, the level recommended as truly = normal=20 by Dr. Richard Bernstein and
validated by the <A=20
=
=3Ddiacare">American=20
Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. Bernstein=20 maintains that truly
normal people--not those already well on the = way to=20 diabetes who are too often mixed into
the statistical groups in = these=20 studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no matter
what = they eat or=20 when they test. He recommends that people with diabetes who want to =
avoid=20 complications shoot for this number. (He is using blood plasma = values which=20 is
important to note if your meter gives you a choice. They are = lower than=20 the "whole blood"
levels many meters use.)=20
<Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they are=20 given the
tools, can and do bring their blood sugars down to these = levels,=20 often with nothing
more than changes in their diet.=20
<Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the = 500s or an=20 hb1ac of
12.0, you may find these figures frightening and = depressing. But=20 there's no reason to
despair. The good news is that you can lower = your blood=20 sugar to these levels within a
few weeks or months.=20
<Z>
<Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle=20 more than 10
to 15 grams of carbohydrates at one meal without = causing our=20 blood sugar to spike
too high.=20
<Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs = in a=20 typical meal when
you eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to = test your=20 blood sugar one and two hours
later. Then eat a meal with only 12 = grams of=20 carbs way down three hours later and
repeat your hourly testing. You = should=20 see a significant difference between your
readings. If you cut your = carbs to=20 12 grams or less for every meal and snack for a
week or two you = should start=20 seeing a dramatic lowering of your post meal and fasting
blood = sugar.=20
<Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download=20 this excellent
piece of shareware <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>. It's shareware.
Or = use <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com </A>an online =
nutrition=20 counting web site.=20
<Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the = pancreas to=20 produce more
insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to = cut your=20 carbs down very
low because without a huge dose of carbs in your = system,=20 these drugs can cause
harmful hypos.=20
<Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work = on your=20 cell's
insulin resistance, should not cause problems if you are low = carbing.=20

<Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A> =
newsgroup have=20 long been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this = message
which=20 has proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to = read it=20
yourself: <A href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's = Smart=20 Advice</A>=20
<Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen
Becker's book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is a=20 great place to
start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s <I><B>Doctor=20 Bernstein's Diabetes
Solution</I></B>. Both are available via = Amazon. If you=20 want to learn more about low
carb dieting, I recommend <I><B>Protein =

Power</I></B> by the Eades. It has excellent scientific explanations = and the=20 charts of
foods and their carb values is very helpful to the = beginner. You=20 do need to read up on the
mechanics of how to make a low carb diet = work,=20 because there is a lot more to it than can
be explained on any = single web=20 page.=20
<Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful=20 information
in the <A=20
=
href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A>=20 newsgroup. Use Google
Advanced Groups Search to find information = that may=20 have been posted in the past. There are
many recipes, tips, tricks, = and=20 warnings about the many foods with "hidden carbs" that cause =
unexpected=20 blood sugar spikes.=20 <CENTER>
<Z><A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">EMAIL </A>Jenny - = cut the=20 carbs from the
address to contact me! = </P></CENTER></FONT></DIV></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-
RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-
=
=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it=20 needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking =
for=20 info<BR>for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i = tried=20 the web
but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there=20 again.<BR>hoping to find something out=20
=
here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE=
></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_059D_01C3D1FA.89F945F0--

I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A
plan and all that, one point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she
could have that as toast with peanutbutter instead of jelly, not carb free
but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee
Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
> her breakfast because she has a slice of toast with cereal in the morning so that is why we need
> some kind of a basis for
a
> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
WHITE
> in
> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
> > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
> Yikes,
> > strict!
> >
> > --
> >
> > ~Kristin O~
> > 272/242.6/172
> >
> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
> > > plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
> > info
> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
web
> > but
> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> > >
> > > thanks angie
> > >
> > >
> >
>

eggs, fruit, bacon, sausage?... I dunno..

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.6/172

> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
> her breakfast because she has a slice of toast with cereal in the morning so that is why we need
> some kind of a basis for
a
> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
WHITE
> in
> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
> > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
> Yikes,
> > strict!
> >
> > --
> >
> > ~Kristin O~
> > 272/242.6/172
> >
> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> >
> >
> >
> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
> > > plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
> > info
> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
web
> > but
> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> > >
> > > thanks angie
> > >
> > >
> >
>

------=_NextPart_000_098C_01C3D181.FB540600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

venassa

i have sent you and e mail in regards to the info that you said you had. = if you like you can e
mail me personally with any of the info. i would = be greatly appriated for it. thanks again for
your help=20

angie "Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <[email protected]> wrote in message =
news:[email protected]... Hi Angie, If you want to e-mail me (just remove the nospam)
and I will send you = some stuff. Cheers, Vanessa In OZ :) Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal
160 to 140)

news:[email protected]... thank you so much i will defenitly check
it out. maybe i can even = find some ideas for myself. thanks again for the info vanessa angie

"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <[email protected]> wrote in = message
news:[email protected]... Hi Angie, Jenny has a heap of info on her site. Just
click the link below and then go to "home" and check out all = her other pages. Best of luck
finding some good info. P.S. Below is an example of = what is on Jenny's site (hope she
doesn't mind me copying from her = site....) <G>. Vanessa :)

controversial but effective = strategy that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are
using to = keep their blood sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on =
medication.=20

There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under 60 = grams a day will make a
radical decrease in the blood sugar levels of = almost everyone who can stick with a low carb

If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this Known? If you mention the topic to
friends or even some medical = professionals you are likely to hear that low carbing will
damage your = kidneys, raise your cholesterol and damage your health in every way =
possible.=20

Is this true?=20

Won't Low Carbing Hurt My Kidneys? The medical studies that show that high protein damages
kidneys = were done not only with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, = high
carbohydrate diet. If you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention that it = is the high glucose
levels caused by a high carbohydrate diet that = damages kidneys (and eyes, and the peripheral
vascular system) not the = protein itself, you can see why these studies are not relevant to
those = of us who keep our dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20

Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of it this way: if you
eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and = a side order of fries while I eat the meat
patty, no bun, no fries and a = salad with blue cheese dressing, we're eating the same amount
of = protein. But I'm eating a low carb meal that will not raise my blood = sugar, even
without medication, while your meal is high enough in = carbohydrates that it would drive my
blood sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am = I on a "dangerous high protein" diet compared to you?
No. Yet the same = dieticians who prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would consider the =
burger and bun to be a healthier diet choice!=20

Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal evidence = that very low carb diet
may reverse early kidney disease. To read about = one woman's experience healing kidney
disease with a low carb diet, read = this newsgroup posting: Aramanth Dawes' Story=20

Dr. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I diabetic = since the 1940s also
reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney = disease and that of many patients
through the use of a low carb diet. He = explains the science behind how this can happen
in his excellent bookDr. = Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. It has just come out in a
second, revised = edition=20

Won't a High Fat Diet Raise My Cholesterol? A low carb diet gets most of its calories from
fat, which is why = people have assumed that these high fat levels must lead to damaging =
increases in cholesterol. But this is a false conclusion.=20

Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low = carbohydrate diet raised cholesterol
levels were done with diets = containing levels of carbohydrate of 150 grams a day--which is
high = enough to raise blood sugar to damaging levels and much higher than the = carb levels
that you must adopt to control blood sugar.=20

Several recent long term studies done with a true low carbohydrate = diet have shown that when
a high fat diet is combined with very low = carbohydrate levels, cholesterol generally goes
down or stays the same, = and triglycerides, which are implicated in heart disease often
improve = significantly.=20

To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects of = Low Carb diets on health,
visit this web page: = http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high =
carbohydrate diet doctors have been recommending for decades appears to =
cause liver inflammation. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/463483=20

Why isn't there More Research on Low Carb Diets? Almost all medical research in today's world
is sponsored by drug = companies. Not so coincidentally, this research tends to study the =
effects of drugs on various diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more expensive
drugs than just about any other group in the population, = there is very little motivation for
drug companies to study non-drug = based intervention strategies that might keep people from
needing their = drugs.=20

In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick" diet doctors of the
type who appear in infomercials. These people = are viewed as "snake oil salesmen" by much of
the public and have very = poor reputations in the medical community. These doctors never
submitted = well-documented research to peer reviewed journals despite their claims = that
they had helped "hundreds of thousands" of patients. As a result, = few legitimate researchers
would associate themselves with low carbing.=20

It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies at = Duke University, Ohio
State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein Medical School have been published
in the last few years, all = reinforcing the once-radical idea that a low carb diet can have
major = health benefits. You can find these studies at =
http://www.lowcarbresearch.org/lcr/lce_results.asp=20

= blood sugar levels--particularly those that occur an hour or two after = meals.=20

What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level? Many practicing doctors still tell patients that any
blood sugar = level under 200 mg/dl after meals is fine. Unfortunately, when such = standards
are used by the time most patients are diagnosed with = diabetes, they have already suffered
significant diabetic complications. = Even worse, patients whose blood sugar routinely rises
to 200 mg/dl or = whose HBa1c tests, a measure of the long term blood sugar level, is = above
8% deteriorate over time, continue to develop more and more = "diabetic complications."
Indeed, these complications occur to patients = whose blood sugars are as low as 126 mg/dl for
prolonged periods of time = and whose HBa1c's are at 6.0--supposedly good measures of
control.=20 What are "Diabetic Complications"? The term "Diabetic Complications" is a
euphemism doctors use to = describe the ugly things that happen to people whose blood sugar is
out = of control. What it really means is "blindness, amputation, and death".=20

High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms are = tingling and pain,
eventually the limbs become numb and fair to heal = from small injuries that become infected
and eventually turn gangrenous. =

High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why people = with long standing diabetes
often go blind.=20

High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the kidneys. = That's why long term

And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart attacks = far more frequently than
other people, though the exact mechanism is not = completely understood.=20

To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels of glucose are toxic
to the beta cells of the pancreas which make = the insulin the body uses to bring the high
blood sugar levels back = down. This ugly feedback loop that means that the higher your blood
= sugar, the less you are able to bring it down.=20

Controlling Blood Sugar Prevents Complications If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can
take comfort from = the fact, shown by research, that though high blood sugar levels damage =
your body, lowering those blood sugar levels can prevent or even reverse = this damage.=20

A famous ten year study by the NIH summarized here found that = people with type I diabetes
could avoid complications by keeping their = blood sugar under what they called "good
control." If you read the = summary you may still come away saying, "But too many of these
patients = still developed complications despite their good control."=20

That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level the NIH study defined
as "good control", 8%, was far higher than = the level that is now being recommended to people
with Type II diabetes. = This gives hope that using great control as opposed to good control
may = prevent far more complications.=20

How High is Too High In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes
for a living that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained = over any significant period of
time do this damage. Read the details in = this article: Endocrinologists Recommend Lower
Diabetes Screening Levels =

An interesting piece of research about heart disease published by = the American Diabetes
Association includes even more data about the = blood sugar levels that correspond with very
low heart disease risk. = Click here to read it.=20

The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar = level will not spike above 140
mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl = two hours after a meal. They also say that fasting
and pre-meal blood = sugar levels should be under 110 mg/dl. click here for a PDF chart =
containing this data. This is very conservative, but these levels are = still much lower than
those many doctors suggest to their diabetic = patients.=20

The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended level for the hb1ac
test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as = "good control" in the NIH study was 8.0%.) However,
the level = recommended as truly normal by Dr. Richard Bernstein and validated by = the
American Diabetes Association heart disease study is 4.7%. Dr. = Bernstein maintains that
truly normal people--not those already well on = the way to diabetes who are too often mixed
into the statistical groups = in these studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no
matter = what they eat or when they test. He recommends that people with diabetes = who want
to avoid complications shoot for this number. (He is using = blood plasma values which is
important to note if your meter gives you a = choice. They are lower than the "whole blood"
levels many meters use.)=20

But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they are given the tools,
can and do bring their blood sugars down to = these levels, often with nothing more than
changes in their diet.=20

So How Do I bring My Sugar Levels Down? If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level
in the 500s = or an hb1ac of 12.0, you may find these figures frightening and = depressing.
But there's no reason to despair. The good news is that you = can lower your blood sugar to
these levels within a few weeks or months. =

The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle more than 10 to 15
grams of carbohydrates at one meal without = causing our blood sugar to spike too high.=20

You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs in = a typical meal when you
eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to test = your blood sugar one and two hours later.
Then eat a meal with only 12 = grams of carbs way down three hours later and repeat your
hourly = testing. You should see a significant difference between your readings. = If you cut
your carbs to 12 grams or less for every meal and snack for a = week or two you should start
seeing a dramatic lowering of your post = meal and fasting blood sugar.=20

If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download this excellent piece
of shareware LifeForm. It's shareware. Or = use http://www.fitday.com an online nutrition
counting web site.=20

Medications and Low Carbing If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the
pancreas = to produce more insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan to = cut your
carbs down very low because without a huge dose of carbs in = your system, these drugs can
cause harmful hypos.=20

Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which work = on your cell's insulin
resistance, should not cause problems if you are = low carbing.=20

Jennifer's Advice to Newbies New visitors to the alt.support.diabetes newsgroup have long been
= greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this message which has = proven extremely
helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web site to read it = yourself: Jennifer's Smart Advice=20

If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes, Gretchen Becker's
book, Type II Diabetes: The First Year is a = great place to start as is Richard
Bernstein, M.D.'s Doctor Bernstein's = Diabetes Solution. Both are available via Amazon.
If you want to learn = more about low carb dieting, I recommend Protein Power by the
Eades. It = has excellent scientific explanations and the charts of foods and their = carb
values is very helpful to the beginner. You do need to read up on = the mechanics of how
to make a low carb diet work, because there is a = lot more to it than can be explained on
any single web page.=20

As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host of = useful information in the
alt.support.diet.low-carb newsgroup. Use = Google Advanced Groups Search to find information
that may have been = posted in the past. There are many recipes, tips, tricks, and warnings =
about the many foods with "hidden carbs" that cause unexpected blood = sugar spikes.=20

news:[email protected]... i am looking for a website that has
info on no sugar no flour = diet. it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet.
i am = looking for info for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried
= the web but couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find
something out here

thanks angie

------=_NextPart_000_098C_01C3D181.FB540600 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-

Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276"
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>venassa</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>i have sent you and e mail in regards = to the info=20 that you
said you had. if you like you can e mail me personally with any = of the=20 info. i would be
greatly appriated for it. thanks again for your help=20 </FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>angie</FONT></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT:
0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<>"Celtic Gal (Vanessa)" <<A=20
=
A>>=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Hi Angie,</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>If you want to e-mail me (just = remove the=20 nospam) and
I will send you some stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Cheers,</FONT></DIV>
<>Vanessa In OZ :)<BR>Overall (Was 273- Current 214- Goal 160 to=20
140)</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20 style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-
LEFT: 5px; = BORDER-LEFT: #800080 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<>"Anglea Woollcombe" <<A=20
=
=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
href=3D"news:[email protected]">news:sKdJb.13=
[email protected]</A>...</DIV>
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thank you so much i will defenitly = check it=20 out. maybe i can
<><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps anything else would be=20 greatfull</FONT></DIV>
=
A>>=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
<DIX><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Jenny has a heap of info = on her=20
site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Just click the link below = and then go=20 to "home"
and check out all her other pages.</FONT></DIV>
<DIZ><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Best of luck finding some = good info.=20
P.S. Below is an example of what is on Jenny's site (hope she = doesn't mind=20 me copying
from her site....) <G>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>Vanessa :)</FONT></DIV>
<DIW><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080></FONT> </DIV>
<DIX>
<DIY><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080>
<DIY1><A = href=3D"http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean/diabetes.htm"><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff=20
=
<DIY2>Low Carbing to Control Type II Diabetes</H1>
<DIY3>A Simple, Cheap Treatment with an Undeserved Bad = Reputation</H2>
<DIZ>Cutting your carbs, radically, is a controversial but effective =

strategy that increasing numbers of people with diabetes are using = to keep=20 their blood
sugar levels within normal ranges without relying on=20 medication.=20
<DIZ>There's no question it works. Cutting carb intake down to under = 60=20 grams a day will
make a radical decrease in the blood sugar levels = of=20 almost everyone who can stick
with a low carb diet for a couple = weeks.=20
<DIZ1>If a Low Carb Diet Controls Diabetes, Why Isn't this = Known?</H3>
<DIZ>If you mention the topic to friends or even some medical = professionals=20 you are
likely to hear that low carbing will damage your kidneys, = raise=20 your cholesterol and
damage your health in every way possible.=20
<DIZ>Is this true?=20
<DIZ>The medical studies that show that high protein damages kidneys = were=20 done not only
with a high protein, diet but with a high protein, =
<DIZ>high=20 carbohydrate diet</B>. If you accept Dr. Bernstein's contention = that it is=20 the
high glucose levels caused by a high carbohydrate diet that = damages=20 kidneys (and eyes, and
the peripheral vascular system) not the = protein=20 itself, you can see why these studies are
not relevant to those of = us who=20 keep our dietary carbohydrate to extremely low levels.=20
<DIZ>Furthermore, many low carb diets are not "high protein diets." = Think of=20 it this way:
if you eat a hamburger on a bun, with ketchup, and a = side=20 order of fries while I eat
the meat patty, no bun, no fries and a = salad=20 with blue cheese dressing, we're eating
the same amount of = protein. But=20 I'm eating a low carb meal that will not raise my
blood sugar, = even=20 without medication, while your meal is high enough in =
carbohydrates that=20 it would drive my blood sugar well over 200 mg/dl. Am I on a =
"dangerous=20 high protein" diet compared to you? No. Yet the same dieticians = who=20
prescribe 75 grams a meal to diabetics would consider the burger = and bun=20 to be a
healthier diet choice!=20
<DIZ>Far from destroying kidneys, There's even some anecdotal = evidence that=20 very low carb
diet may reverse early kidney disease. To read about = one=20 woman's experience healing
kidney disease with a low carb diet, = read this=20 newsgroup posting: <A=20
=
Dawes' Story</A>=20
<DIZ>Aa. Richard Bernstein, a physician who has been a type I = diabetic since=20 the 1940s
also reports reversing his own early diabetic kidney = disease and=20 that of many
patients through the use of a low carb diet. He = explains the=20 science behind how
this can happen in his excellent book<A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/readit/readit.shtml">Dr.=20 Bernstein's Diabetes
Solution</A>. It has just come out in a = second,=20 revised edition=20
<I>A low carb diet gets most of its calories from fat, which is = why people=20 have assumed
that these high fat levels must lead to damaging = increases in=20 cholesterol. But this
is a false conclusion.=20
<J>Many of the studies that were cited to show that a low = carbohydrate=20 diet raised
cholesterol levels were done with diets containing = levels of=20 carbohydrate of 150
grams a day--which is high enough to raise = blood sugar=20 to damaging levels and much
higher than the carb levels that you = must=20 adopt to control blood sugar.=20
<K>Several recent long term studies done with a true low = carbohydrate diet=20 have shown
that when a high fat diet is combined with very low=20 carbohydrate levels, cholesterol
generally goes down or stays the = same,=20 and triglycerides, which are implicated in
heart disease often = improve=20 significantly.=20
<L>To read up on the most recent medical research on the effects = of Low=20 Carb diets on
=

<M>Furthermore, recent research has shown that the low fat, high=20 carbohydrate diet
doctors have been recommending for decades = appears to=20 cause liver
inflammation. <A=20
=

<N>Almost all medical research in today's world is sponsored by = drug=20 companies. Not so
coincidentally, this research tends to study the = effects=20 of drugs on various
diseases. Since people with diabetes consume = more=20 expensive drugs than just about
any other group in the population, = there=20 is very little motivation for drug
companies to study non-drug = based=20 intervention strategies that might keep people
from needing their = drugs.=20
<O>In addition, low carbing was originally advocated by "get thin = quick"=20 diet doctors
of the type who appear in infomercials. These people = are=20 viewed as "snake oil
salesmen" by much of the public and have very = poor=20 reputations in the medical
community. These doctors never = submitted=20 well-documented research to peer reviewed
journals despite their = claims=20 that they had helped "hundreds of thousands" of
patients. As a = result, few=20 legitimate researchers would associate themselves with
low = carbing.=20
<P>It is only in the past few years that this has changed. Studies = at Duke=20 University,
Ohio State, Mount Sinai Hospital in Miami and Albert = Einstein=20 Medical School have
been published in the last few years, all = reinforcing=20 the once-radical idea that a
low carb diet can have major health = benefits.=20 You can find these studies at <A=20
=

<Q>What really causes the ravages of diabetes appears to be high = blood=20 sugar levels--
particularly those that occur an hour or two after = meals.=20
<Q1>What is a Dangerous Blood Sugar Level?</H3>Many practicing = doctors=20 still tell
patients that any blood sugar level under 200 mg/dl = after meals=20 is fine.
Unfortunately, when such standards are used by the time = most=20 patients are diagnosed
with diabetes, they have already suffered=20 significant diabetic complications. Even
worse, patients whose = blood sugar=20 routinely rises to 200 mg/dl or whose HBa1c
tests, a measure of = the long=20 term blood sugar level, is above 8% deteriorate over
time, = continue to=20 develop more and more "diabetic complications." Indeed, these=20
complications occur to patients whose blood sugars are as low as = 126 mg/dl=20 for
prolonged periods of time and whose HBa1c's are at =
6.--supposedly=20 good measures of control.=20
<R>The term "Diabetic Complications" is a euphemism doctors use to =

describe the ugly things that happen to people whose blood sugar = is out of=20 control. What
it really means is "blindness, amputation, and = death".=20
<S>High blood sugars destroy nerves in legs. The first symptoms = are=20 tingling and pain,
eventually the limbs become numb and fair to = heal from=20 small injuries that become
infected and eventually turn = gangrenous.=20
<T>High blood sugar levels also destroy vision, which is why = people with=20 long standing
<U>High blood sugar is toxic to the filtration units in the = kidneys.=20 That's why long
term diabetics end up on dialysis.=20
<V>And if all this isn't bad enough, diabetics suffer heart = attacks far=20 more frequently
than other people, though the exact mechanism is = not=20 completely understood.=20
<W>To add to the misery, there's mounting evidence that these high = levels=20 of glucose
are toxic to the beta cells of the pancreas which make = the=20 insulin the body uses to
bring the high blood sugar levels back = down. This=20 ugly feedback loop that means that
the higher your blood sugar, = the less=20 you are able to bring it down.=20
<X>If the previous paragraphs scared you, you can take comfort = from the=20 fact, shown by
research, that though high blood sugar levels = damage your=20 body, lowering those blood
sugar levels can prevent or even = reverse this=20 damage.=20
=
href=3D"http://diabetes.about.com/library/blNIHDCCT.htm">summarized = here</A>=20 found that people
with type I diabetes could avoid complications = by=20 keeping their blood sugar under what they
called "good control." = If you=20 read the summary you may still come away saying, "But too many of
= these=20 patients still developed complications despite their good = control."=20
<Z>That is true, but there is more good news here! The blood sugar = level=20 the NIH study
defined as "good control", 8%, was far higher than = the level=20 that is now being
recommended to people with Type II diabetes. = This gives=20 hope that using <I>great</I>
control as opposed to <I>good = </I>control may=20 prevent far more complications.=20
<Z>In the past five years it has become clear to those who treat = diabetes=20 for a living
that blood sugar levels over 120 mg/dl sustained over = any=20 significant period of time
do this damage. Read the details in = this=20 article: <A=20
=
<Z>An interesting piece of research about heart disease published = by the=20 American
Diabetes Association includes even more data about the = blood=20 sugar levels that
=
=3Ddiacare">Click=20
here </A>to read it.=20
<Z>The Joslin Diabetes Center suggests that a normal blood sugar = level=20 will not
spike above 140 mg/dl one hour after a meal and 120 mg/dl = two=20 hours after a meal.
They also say that fasting and pre-meal blood = sugar=20 levels should be under 110
mg/dl. <A=20
=
href=3D"http://www.upstate.edu/uhpated/pdf/diabetes/goalbldsug.pdf">click=
=20
here </A>for a PDF chart containing this data. This is very = conservative,=20 but these
levels are still much lower than those many doctors = suggest to=20 their diabetic
patients.=20
<Z>The standard advice given by most doctors now is that the = recommended=20 level for the
hb1ac test is now 6.5%. (The level defined as "good = control"=20 in the NIH study was
8.0%.) However, the level recommended as = truly normal=20 by Dr. Richard Bernstein and
validated by the <A=20
=
=3Ddiacare">American=20
Diabetes Association heart disease study </A>is 4.7%. Dr. = Bernstein=20 maintains that truly
normal people--not those already well on the = way to=20 diabetes who are too often mixed into
the statistical groups in = these=20 studies--maintain a blood sugar level of 85 mg/dl no
matter what = they eat=20 or when they test. He recommends that people with diabetes who =
want to=20 avoid complications shoot for this number. (He is using blood = plasma=20 values
which is important to note if your meter gives you a = choice. They=20 are lower than the
"whole blood" levels many meters use.)=20
<Z>But what is significant is that many people with diabetes, once = they=20 are given the
tools, can and do bring their blood sugars down to = these=20 levels, often with nothing
more than changes in their diet.=20
<Z>If you've just been diagnosed with a blood sugar level in the = 500s or=20 an hb1ac of
12.0, you may find these figures frightening and = depressing.=20 But there's no reason
to despair. The good news is that you can = lower your=20 blood sugar to these levels
within a few weeks or months.=20
<Z>
<Z>The key is to understand that most of us with diabetes can not = handle=20 more than 10
to 15 grams of carbohydrates at one meal without = causing our=20 blood sugar to spike
too high.=20
<Z>You don't have to take my word for it. Note the number of carbs = in a=20 typical meal
when you eat it, then use your blood sugar meter to = test your=20 blood sugar one and
two hours later. Then eat a meal with only 12 = grams of=20 carbs way down three hours
later and repeat your hourly testing. = You=20 should see a significant difference
between your readings. If you = cut your=20 carbs to 12 grams or less for every meal and
snack for a week or = two you=20 should start seeing a dramatic lowering of your post
meal and = fasting=20 blood sugar.=20
<Z>If you need help determining the number of carbs in your meal, = download=20 this
excellent piece of shareware <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitnesoft.com/">LifeForm</A>. It's
shareware. = Or use <A=20 href=3D"http://www.fitday.com/">http://www.fitday.com </A>an =
online=20 nutrition counting web site.=20
<Z>If you are on a medication like Glyburide that forces the = pancreas to=20 produce more
insulin you need to talk to your doctor if you plan = to cut=20 your carbs down very
low because without a huge dose of carbs in = your=20 system, these drugs can cause
harmful hypos.=20
<Z>Drugs like Metformin (Glucophage), Avandia, and Actos, which = work on=20 your cell's
insulin resistance, should not cause problems if you = are low=20 carbing.=20
<Z>New visitors to the <A=20 href=3D"news:alt.support.diabetes">alt.support.diabetes</A> =
newsgroup have=20 long been greeted by a newsgroup regular, Jennifer, with this =
message=20 which has proven extremely helpful to many. Visit Jennifer's web = site to=20
read it yourself: <A = href=3D"http://jennifer.flyingrat.net/">Jennifer's=20 Smart
Advice</A>=20
<Z>If you want to learn more about how to test and control your = diabetes,=20 Gretchen
Becker's book, <I><B>Type II Diabetes: The First Year = </I></B>is=20 a great place to
start as is Richard Bernstein, M.D.'s =
<Z><A>Doctor=20 Bernstein's Diabetes Solution</I></B>. Both are available via = Amazon. If=20 you
want to learn more about low carb dieting, I recommend =
<Z><B>Protein=20 Power</I></B> by the Eades. It has excellent scientific = explanations and=20 the
charts of foods and their carb values is very helpful to the = beginner.=20 You do need to
read up on the mechanics of how to make a low carb = diet=20 work, because there is a lot more
to it than can be explained on = any=20 single web page.=20
<Z>As you craft your new low carb diet plan, you can find a host = of useful=20 information
in the <A=20
=
href=3D"news:alt.support.diet.low-carb">alt.support.diet.low-carb</A>=20 newsgroup. Use Google
Advanced Groups Search to find information = that may=20 have been posted in the past. There are
many recipes, tips, = tricks, and=20 warnings about the many foods with "hidden carbs" that cause =
unexpected=20 blood sugar spikes.=20 <CENTER>
<Z><A href=3D"mailto:[email protected]">EMAIL </A>Jenny - = cut the=20 carbs from
the address to contact me! = </P></CENTER></FONT></DIV></DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE=20 style=3D"PADDING-
=
=20
wrote in message <A=20
=
sugar no flour = diet.<BR>it=20 needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking =
for=20 info<BR>for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. = i tried=20 the web
but<BR>couldn't find any good sites. will look there=20 again.<BR>hoping to find something out=20
=
here<BR><BR>thanks<BR>angie<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE=
></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_098C_01C3D181.FB540600--

I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads would be totally out of
the picture ... I think.

Joyce

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
>point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
>instead of jelly, not carb free but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe
><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
>> her breakfast because she has a slice of toast with cereal in the morning so that is why we need
>> some kind of a basis for
>a
>> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> berlin.de...
>> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
>WHITE
>> in
>> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
>> > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
>> Yikes,
>> > strict!
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > ~Kristin O~
>> > 272/242.6/172
>> >
>> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
>> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...
>> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
>> > > plan and info about the diet. i am looking for
>> > info
>> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried the
>web
>> > but
>> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
>> > >
>> > > thanks angie
>> > >
>> > >
>> >
>> >
>>
>

you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a box
broke that DH was holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of
my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT working at optimum capacity, Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads
would
> be totally out of the picture ... I think.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
> >point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
> >instead of jelly, not carb
free
> >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
> >message news:[email protected]...
> >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to change
> >> her breakfast because she has a slice of
toast
> >> with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a basis
for
> >a
> >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> berlin.de...
> >> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
> >WHITE
> >> in
> >> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try? No
> >> > flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
> >> Yikes,
> >> > strict!
> >> >
> >> > --
> >> >
> >> > ~Kristin O~
> >> > 272/242.6/172
> >> >
> >> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> >> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> > news:[email protected]...
> >> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a diet
> >> > > plan and info about the diet. i am looking
for
> >> > info
> >> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried
the
> >web
> >> > but
> >> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> >> > >
> >> > > thanks angie
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>

OUCH! I managed to miss the flying food the other day. Someone had dug around in the freezer and
played a balancing act with a bag of chicken breasts. I opened the door and out it flew. You should
have seen how fast I moved those feet of mine. LOL Frozen chicken does not feel good when falling on
bare feet. <G>

Hope your foot is feeling better soon.

Joyce

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:07:10 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a box broke that DH was
>holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT
>working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads
>would
>> be totally out of the picture ... I think.
>>
>> Joyce
>>
>> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
><[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
>> >point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
>> >instead of jelly, not carb
>free
>> >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
>> >message news:[email protected]...
>> >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to
>> >> change her breakfast because she has a slice of
>toast
>> >> with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a basis
>for
>> >a
>> >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> >> berlin.de...
>> >> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
>> >WHITE
>> >> in
>> >> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try?
>> >> > No flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
>> >> Yikes,
>> >> > strict!
>> >> >
>> >> > --
>> >> >
>> >> > ~Kristin O~
>> >> > 272/242.6/172
>> >> >
>> >> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
>> >> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> >> > news:[email protected]...
>> >> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a
>> >> > > diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking
>for
>> >> > info
>> >> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried
>the
>> >web
>> >> > but
>> >> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
>> >> > >
>> >> > > thanks angie
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >>
>> >>
>> >
>

Aww OUCH, Lee... sorry to hear of your foot. I hope it feels better soon. I had a glorious moment in
the parking lot at the mall last night, turned over my ankle and landed on my knee! Now I have a
right knee that hurts like hell and a left ankle that isn't very steady... wonderful.

--

~Kristin O~
272/242.6/172

"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
berlin.de...
> you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a
box
> broke that DH was holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of my foot so I took a
> pain pill and am NOT working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet -
breads
> would
> > be totally out of the picture ... I think.
> >
> > Joyce
> >
> > On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr.
A
> > >plan and all that, one point per slice I think and six grams of carb,
she
> > >could have that as toast with peanutbutter instead of jelly, not carb
> free
> > >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
> > >message news:[email protected]...
> > >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to
> > >> change her breakfast because she has a slice of
> toast
> > >> with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a
basis
> for
> > >a
> > >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> > >> berlin.de...
> > >> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
> > >WHITE
> > >> in
> > >> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe
that's
> > >> > something mom can try? No flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
> > >> Yikes,
> > >> > strict!
> > >> >
> > >> > --
> > >> >
> > >> > ~Kristin O~
> > >> > 272/242.6/172
> > >> >
> > >> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> > >> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >> > news:[email protected]...
> > >> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour
diet.
> > >> > > it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am
looking
> for
> > >> > info
> > >> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried
> the
> > >web
> > >> > but
> > >> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> > >> > >
> > >> > > thanks angie
> > >> > >
> > >> > >
> > >> >
> > >> >
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
>

it is much better now, it was a box of canned soup and one of them hit the
joint on my big toe. the blessing is that they cans all missed the toe I
broke a while back on that same foot. Lee
Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
> OUCH! I managed to miss the flying food the other day. Someone had dug
around in
> the freezer and played a balancing act with a bag of chicken breasts. I
opened
> the door and out it flew. You should have seen how fast I moved those
feet of
> mine. LOL Frozen chicken does not feel good when falling on bare feet.
<G>
>
> Hope your foot is feeling better soon.
>
> Joyce
>
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:07:10 -0600, "Miss Violette"
<[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a
box
> >broke that DH was holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top
of
> >my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]>
> >wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >> I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet -
breads
> >would
> >> be totally out of the picture ... I think.
> >>
> >> Joyce
> >>
> >> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
> ><[email protected]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr.
A
> >> >plan and all that, one point per slice I think and six grams of carb,
she
> >> >could have that as toast with peanutbutter instead of jelly, not carb
> >free
> >> >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
> >> >message news:[email protected]...
> >> >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to
> >> >> change her breakfast because she has a slice of
> >toast
> >> >> with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a
basis
> >for
> >> >a
> >> >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> >> >> berlin.de...
> >> >> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating
everything
> >> >WHITE
> >> >> in
> >> >> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe
that's
> >> >> > something mom can try? No flour or sugar in any way shape or
form.
> >> >> Yikes,
> >> >> > strict!
> >> >> >
> >> >> > --
> >> >> >
> >> >> > ~Kristin O~
> >> >> > 272/242.6/172
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
> >> >> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> >> > news:[email protected]...
> >> >> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour
diet.
> >> >> > > it needs to have a diet plan and info about the diet. i am
looking
> >for
> >> >> > info
> >> >> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried
> >the
> >> >web
> >> >> > but
> >> >> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > thanks angie
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >
> >>

So far, I've managed to avoid flying frozen food.

But I haven't been as lucky with stationary frozen water. I've already had one nasty spill on the
ice, falling straight forward and doing a belly flop. Near knocked the wind out of me! I was sore
for a day or two but no injuries more serious than a scraped knee. I guess I need someone to tell me
the same thing I told my daughters every time they stepped outside: Be careful!

Prairie Roots

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 12:51:54 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>OUCH! I managed to miss the flying food the other day. Someone had dug around in the freezer and
>played a balancing act with a bag of chicken breasts. I opened the door and out it flew. You should
>have seen how fast I moved those feet of mine. LOL Frozen chicken does not feel good when falling
>on bare feet. <G>
>
>Hope your foot is feeling better soon.
>
>Joyce
>
>On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:07:10 -0600, "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>you are right, I am having a brain cramp, we went shopping tonight and a box broke that DH was
>>holding as we were putting groceries away and hit top of my foot so I took a pain pill and am NOT
>>working at optimum capacity, Lee Joyce <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...
>>> I believe the mom is going on a *no flour, no sugar* type of diet - breads
>>would
>>> be totally out of the picture ... I think.
>>>
>>> Joyce
>>>
>>> On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 03:43:41 -0600, "Miss Violette"
>><[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> >I just bought a low carb bread, branberry I think, approved by the Dr. A plan and all that, one
>>> >point per slice I think and six grams of carb, she could have that as toast with peanutbutter
>>> >instead of jelly, not carb
>>free
>>> >but more friendly to low carb, HTH, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in
>>> >message news:[email protected]...
>>> >> but we need also breakfast ideas, lunches and dinners shouldn't be a problem. she has to
>>> >> change her breakfast because she has a slice of
>>toast
>>> >> with cereal in the morning so that is why we need some kind of a basis
>>for
>>> >a
>>> >> meal plan any ideas angie "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
>>> >> berlin.de...
>>> >> > Dr. Gott in the newspaper claims that if you stop eating everything
>>> >WHITE
>>> >> in
>>> >> > your diet, you will be healthy and lose in a good way. Maybe that's something mom can try?
>>> >> > No flour or sugar in any way shape or form.
>>> >> Yikes,
>>> >> > strict!
>>> >> >
>>> >> > --
>>> >> >
>>> >> > ~Kristin O~
>>> >> > 272/242.6/172
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
>>> >> > http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >> > "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> >> > news:[email protected]...
>>> >> > > i am looking for a website that has info on no sugar no flour diet. it needs to have a
>>> >> > > diet plan and info about the diet. i am looking
>>for
>>> >> > info
>>> >> > > for my mother. she wants to start it after the holidays. i tried
>>the
>>> >web
>>> >> > but
>>> >> > > couldn't find any good sites. will look there again. hoping to find something out here
>>> >> > >
>>> >> > > thanks angie
>>> >> > >
>>> >> > >
>>> >> >
>>> >> >
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >
>>