Anyone have SUPER narrow feet - making it hard to find shoes?

kaian

Aug 22, 2004
I have extremely narrow feet. My heel is so skinny that even shoes that are narrow width can be a little slippy in back.

I was using Specialized Road Comp (women's) shoes, but they are hurting my feet. The heel is a little loose and the hard plastic cup part is digging into the side of my foot (ouch!). Yesterday I got Sidi Genius 4s (cheap from ebay) and the length is good, but again, I feel like the heel is slippery and when I crank it tighter, it puts too much pressure on the top of my foot.

I'm not sure what other shoes to try. Shoes can "seem" comfy in the store, but then I get them home and they are horrible. I would like to make these Sidis work, but not sure how. Anyone here have this problem? Anyone have a possible solution?

Thanks!

kaian said:
I have extremely narrow feet. My heel is so skinny that even shoes that are narrow width can be a little slippy in back.
I was using Specialized Road Comp (women's) shoes, but they are hurting my feet. The heel is a little loose and the hard plastic cup part is digging into the side of my foot (ouch!). Yesterday I got Sidi Genius 4s (cheap from ebay) and the length is good, but again, I feel like the heel is slippery and when I crank it tighter, it puts too much pressure on the top of my foot.

I'm not sure what other shoes to try. Shoes can "seem" comfy in the store, but then I get them home and they are horrible. I would like to make these Sidis work, but not sure how. Anyone here have this problem? Anyone have a possible solution?
Thanks!
My feet are a tough fit also only not narrow. The best advice I can give is to search bike stores on your computer and find a large one near you that carries a variety of shoes and go try them on 'till you find a pair that fits. That was how I found mine. You otherwise will be spending on shipping 'till you find the right pair. There are so many brands and styles out there and many for narow feet. Good luck!

I have really long, narrow feet. I have found that Look shoes fit me really well. Good Luck.

I have this problem too. SIDI are the narrowest shoe around for both mountain and road. They are pricey though you can find them on clearance. I bought mine at Bicycle village in Denver, they have a whole table of 2004 and 2005 they are clearing for around $100.

I 2nd the sidi shoes being a great fit for narrow feet. I have a pair of sidi road shoes and I have had them for about 5 years now and they still look and feel like new! fit me really well around the back of the heel(where I am very narrow) and are extremely comfortable to ride in whether it be a short or long ride/race. They are pricey tho, think from memory mine were around the $350 mark around 5 years ago. definately worth the money tho. wouldnt use anything else!;)

I ended up getting some Sidi shoes - Genius 5s women's. I still have a little heel slippage when I first put them on, but if I crank em pretty tight and then after my feet swell from warmth, they seem to be fine. Once on the bike, the slipping is minimal. Its hard for me to find regular shoes, too. I rarely find something that doesn't slip a little.