Anyone heard of the brand "AXO"?

iajnin

May 18, 2004
I'm looking to pick up some road cycling shoes, and saw some for $20 at the Sports Chalet website. The brand is AXO, and the retail ranges at about $90 or so.

Does anyone know anything about the quality of their products, comfort, etc.?

Link

I still wear a pair of axo mtb shoes I bought in '99. don't wear them very often as I hardly ride offroad anymore, but they were comfortable and fit me well then and now. durability was/is great considering the way they were treated. I think axo is a straight up company. I used to wear their gloves, too.

AXO makes Motocross Boots and other dirt bike gear. That stuff is good so I don't see why those shoes wouldn't

i work in a bike shop that once sold axo shoes.
now, it's extremely hard to find a pair. we no longer stock them. I'm pretty sure axo has stopped making shoes, although I know they make other cycling things. As for shoes, I just bought the last pair in the shop last thursday. A pair of Blackball shoes, size 13. They are extremely comfortable, and so far have been holding up to the abuse. I can't really post an extensive review, considering I haven't had them for long, but I'd give them the thumbs up so far :)

Originally posted by iajnin
I'm looking to pick up some road cycling shoes, and saw some for $20 at the Sports Chalet website.

Their gloves fit me well. Their shoes seem to run a little large. Euro 41's are usually the size that fits me, but I have to look at 40's when considering AXO.

My AXO Blackballs seem almost indestructable. After three years and 3500 miles of mountain and touring use, I'm beginning to look at replacing them. One seam is beginning to go and the cloth at the back of the heal is beginning to look a little haggard.

I also bought some AXO Pursuits for the road. After a year and a half and about 3000 miles they've still got another year or so left in them.

They are a well known company here in Italy. I do not think that they make shoes any longer, but they still make clothes and gloves. A number of years ago I used a pair of their road cycling shoes that were wonderful. Highly recommended.

Check out their site at www.axo.it for more info.