anyone here also on bikeforums.net?

highpants

Apr 5, 2006
i'm not sure if this will be removed right away, what with me talking about the competition in my very first post on this site and all, but i had to ask.

i've been a member of bikeforums for a couple years now (not out of preference, it was just the first one i stumbled upon), but they've been having software troubles lately (or is it hardware?), and my loyalty is rather flimsy.

i have made some contacts there within the singlespeed/fixed gear community that i'd like to maintain, so i wondered if any of you are also over there.

that is all.

highpants said:
i'm not sure if this will be removed right away, what with me talking about the competition in my very first post on this site and all, but i had to ask.

i've been a member of bikeforums for a couple years now (not out of preference, it was just the first one i stumbled upon), but they've been having software troubles lately (or is it hardware?), and my loyalty is rather flimsy.

i have made some contacts there within the singlespeed/fixed gear community that i'd like to maintain, so i wondered if any of you are also over there.

that is all.
Hi there

You'll find alot people visit each site.

Updating the software that runs a forum the size of this one or bf.net is a major job. I think Joe is taking a double hit because he's updating both hardware and software.

Have some patience i'm sure he'll get everything worked out soon.

In the meantime feel free to help bring our singlespeed forum to life ;)

cheers

I've started spending significantly more time over here myself. It's frustrating to just sit there staring at error pages.

Is it just me, or have a number of the people over there gotten LOTS *****ier since all these software/hardware issues have started popping up? May just be my perception of it but it's certainly taken a lot of the fun out of it.

ghostdncr said:
I've started spending significantly more time over here myself. It's frustrating to just sit there staring at error pages.

Is it just me, or have a number of the people over there gotten LOTS *****ier since all these software/hardware issues have started popping up? May just be my perception of it but it's certainly taken a lot of the fun out of it.
i think the word you're looking for is "mean", but i suppose "*****y" kind of covers it, too.