Anyone here doing the BV half century ride?

ghostgum

New Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes, I know it isn't long, but I've never ridden over the West Gate
Bridge before. If I rode to and from the city I could make it up to
the 100km.

For those who have ridden across the bridge before, are there
restrictions on stopping and pulling out the camera at the top?

Marx SS

New Member
Jun 8, 2004
I understand they don't appreciate the stop @ the top for a look-see & pic, but it seems to happen quite a bit whenever there's an event on.

NoZX6R

Guest
ghostgum wrote:
> Yes, I know it isn't long, but I've never ridden over the West Gate
> Bridge before. If I rode to and from the city I could make it up to
> the 100km.
>
> For those who have ridden across the bridge before, are there
> restrictions on stopping and pulling out the camera at the top?

Last time I did it there were people telling you not to stop, but heaps
of people were stopping quickly and getting away with it anyway.

--
Nick

Resound

Guest
"ghostgum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Yes, I know it isn't long, but I've never ridden over the West Gate
> Bridge before. If I rode to and from the city I could make it up to
> the 100km.
>
> For those who have ridden across the bridge before, are there
> restrictions on stopping and pulling out the camera at the top?
>

> --
> ghostgum

I don't think bicycles are allowed on the bridge. Motorised traffic only...I
would have dearly liked to have been able to ride it a few weeks ago...would
have been a nice direct line home.

Resound

Guest
"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "ghostgum" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
>>
>> Yes, I know it isn't long, but I've never ridden over the West Gate
>> Bridge before. If I rode to and from the city I could make it up to
>> the 100km.
>>
>> For those who have ridden across the bridge before, are there
>> restrictions on stopping and pulling out the camera at the top?
>>

>> --
>> ghostgum
>>

> I don't think bicycles are allowed on the bridge. Motorised traffic
> only...I would have dearly liked to have been able to ride it a few weeks
> ago...would have been a nice direct line home.

Pfeh...ignore me...sleep deprivation from doing too many essays.

SomeGuy

New Member
May 18, 2004
Resound said:
"Resound" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "ghostgum" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
>>
>> Yes, I know it isn't long, but I've never ridden over the West Gate
>> Bridge before. If I rode to and from the city I could make it up to
>> the 100km.
>>
>> For those who have ridden across the bridge before, are there
>> restrictions on stopping and pulling out the camera at the top?
>>

>> --
>> ghostgum
>>

> I don't think bicycles are allowed on the bridge. Motorised traffic
> only...I would have dearly liked to have been able to ride it a few weeks
> ago...would have been a nice direct line home.

Pfeh...ignore me...sleep deprivation from doing too many essays.
There is a punt (for cyclists and pedestrians) underneath it weekends and public holidays iirc. Check the BV website for more info.

Ray Peace

Guest
ghostgum wrote:
> Yes, I know it isn't long, but I've never ridden over the West Gate
> Bridge before. If I rode to and from the city I could make it up to
> the 100km.
>
> For those who have ridden across the bridge before, are there
> restrictions on stopping and pulling out the camera at the top?

Greetings,
Officially, you're not supposed to stop, in practice I have a few
times when I've been up there. The view is okay but I wouldn't rave
about it.
Regards,
Ray.

ghostgum

New Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ray Peace said:

Officially, you're not supposed to stop, in practice I have a few
times when I've been up there. The view is okay but I wouldn't rave
about it.

Ok, so I'd get away with stopping to hold a camera at arms
length and take a picture of myself with the bridge behind,
but no panoramas :)